Full M road test question and help and tips :) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Full M road test question and help and tips :)

Some bikes don't have them... My 03 ninja 500 didn't

If your bike does not have hazzards just leave the right signal on and if they tell you they want the bike shut off don't worry

You may want to give the examiner the heads up before the test, for what I remember, he will deduct points for it, maybe someone else can clarify.
well my bike dont have the option to turn my 4ways on 04 ktm 625smc if you know how please share lol :)

Ya I figured I'd let them know before doing just incase so they know and don't pin for points on it yes.

Ya I figured I'd let them know before doing just incase so they know and don't pin for points on it yes.
The Examiner will ask you, unless they are familiar with the bike, if it is equipped with 4-way flashers (hazard lights). If the bike is so equipped, you must use them on the roadside stop. Failing to use them is a demerit point.
IF your bike is not equipped with flashers, you can leave your signal on or turn it off without getting a demerit.

With respect to the brake light and stopping in gear with feet up/down, a couple of people have already linked to a previous post about what the examiner is actually looking for.

You don't have to remain absolutely still without moving your feet - and it doesn't matter if you were in neutral and have to do the dance to get into first. IF however, your feet move because you put them down before you came to a stop, or because you were struggling to maintain balance, that is a different issue.

so i have to do my m2 exit test this summer, have till august to get it ... long story short i didnt have a bike for a couple years

curious if anyone has any tips ? and when ya need to keep your rear brake covered do you rest left foot on ground then right foot on peg/rear brake then when ya take off do you plant both feet and take off ?

also emgergency stop on sideof road ? look - blinker - move/pull over - shut bike off - kick stand - get off wait a sec then hop on and go again ?

and do they sick a headset on you ? or how does that work ?

I'm in the same situation and I'm writing my M2 Exit this month. I haven't ridden in 2 years - my question is: I'm borrowing my friends bike for the exam, any issues with this? He's fully insured but just lending it to me for the drive test. Thanks in advance.

I did mine in Brantford on a cbr 1000rr in pouring rain. I'd recommend brantford as their isn't much traffic and a very straight forward highway section. When on the exit ramp I was told even if I didn't need my breaks to slow down to trail my rear break so others knew I was decellerating. Just remember everyone is nervous before doing this, it's not just you. I made sure the week before I was riding "by the book" to make sure it was habbit ( if only for the test.)

2wheelwasp - I'm considering Brantford for my test. Can you provide a brief route outline they use?

I'm almost always both feet down at a stop, just seems more stable, and cover the brake with my hand. I realize there is a very short time when brake is released and throttle applied. This is penalized from what the comments are. Brake light is off for a split second-seems picky to be penalized for that.

Filled in last minute for one of the moto schools as the driver of the "chase car" with the instructor.

Main tips (although you already passed it, congrats)

- Look into your mirrors every 5 seconds (theyre looking for 10 but by thinking 5, youll probably look at the right interval lol)
- Any time there's a park, or random exits to business lots, look at them to show awareness.
- Watch your tire track
- Keep brake light on at light
- Get some brake light action as you exit the highway
- Be assertive
- SHOULDER CHECKS before any type of lane change/turn

Thats about it

I'll throw my 2 cents in.

You need to get over the two feet on the ground to get going. You will be docked points for that. If tis really a big issue, I saw a post a while ago where teh guy asked the instructor if it was ok to do that, adn the instructor said it was ok. As far as I know, you WILL be docked points for placing both feet ont he ground as the hand book states that when your stopped both brakes need to be applied.

When coming to a stop, they will be looking for stability. So if you try to plant your foot while going say 5km, they will take points off. Essentially they want to see you not taking a step when coming to a stop. So if you come to a stop put your foot down then pick up your foot and re plant it, they will take off points.

Go into the test with no worry. Its not hard. Its fairly easy to pass. As every one said BOBBLE HEAD. I actually foudn this made me uncomfortable, as i had to exagerate EVERY THING. Some one said they put a peice of white tape on the back of thier helmet on the middle so the instructer could easily tell if they were looking around. So ANY time your going through an intersection, LEFT RIGHT. Any time making a turn, LEFT RIGHT, Lane change, SHOULDER CHECK. Even when just going in a straight line, bob you head left right to exagerate you checking your mirrors.

The only other advice i can give is, when doing the emergency stop (its not hard breaking) just come to a nice controled stop (using both brakes) be sure to signal you are going onto the shoulder. (this will most liekly be done on a residential road). Just go nice and smooth.

Good luck, also search the site, there was a post where some one took a pic of the list of things they tic off. That helped me a lot. happy ride!

Online videos of the course? Could you provide a link?
Thank you.

Online videos of the course? Could you provide a link?
Thank you.

I did a YouTube search, had to get specific. Found some local stuff.

I did the M2 exit last week. Rear brake wasn't activating tail light reliably so I had to make sure to hild the front brake at every stop lol. The emphasis seemed to be on head movement and tire track choice.

Anybody know if there's a licensing centre that does M2 exit on weekends? Started a new job and hard to get out of during the week so I (ideally) would like to do it on a weekend.

Anybody know if there's a licensing centre that does M2 exit on weekends? Started a new job and hard to get out of during the week so I (ideally) would like to do it on a weekend.

I think Brampton and Etobicoke do Saturdays, but they book up quick.

I just passed my test today at the Aurora MTO reading some of the advice from the M2X thread. I so nervous that I forgot my license plate number lol. But once you're on the bike everything seems to flow through nicely. Ride like you would ride without speeding and the bad habits for 35 minutes and you should be okay. I placed a green strip of duct tape on the back of my helmet so head checks were in check. My emergency stop was quite short lived. Checked mirrors, left right, signal, pulled over, put in neutral and before I could even put my kickstand down, the instructor said to go. Go dinged for going slow on a 50km street and stopping too close to the car in front (must be a bikes length spacing).

Back
Top Bottom