Full M road test question and help and tips :) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Full M road test question and help and tips :)

wantsabike

so i have to do my m2 exit test this summer, have till august to get it ... long story short i didnt have a bike for a couple years

curious if anyone has any tips ? and when ya need to keep your rear brake covered do you rest left foot on ground then right foot on peg/rear brake then when ya take off do you plant both feet and take off ?

also emgergency stop on sideof road ? look - blinker - move/pull over - shut bike off - kick stand - get off wait a sec then hop on and go again ?

and do they sick a headset on you ? or how does that work ?

so i have to do my m2 exit test this summer, have till august to get it ... long story short i didnt have a bike for a couple years

curious if anyone has any tips ? and when ya need to keep your rear brake covered do you rest left foot on ground then right foot on peg/rear brake then when ya take off do you plant both feet and take off ?

also emgergency stop on sideof road ? look - blinker - move/pull over - shut bike off - kick stand - get off wait a sec then hop on and go again ?

Yes for head set... Yes for emergency stop... Make sure you have a bobble head the whole time!!
Good luck!!

yes was told to over exagerant my looks and make sure i always looking everywhere and my buddy said put a cross of tape on back of helemt so he see that it moves and etc

At a stop sign or light you should always be in the ready position. This means in 1st gear, left foot on the ground, right foot on brake the entire time until you roll to leave. If you tail light isn't on while you are stopped that a demerit point, this can add up quickly. Right hand should be applying the brake and left hand should be holding the clutch in the entire stop or light as you are in 1st gear. Like the others said head on a pivot and lots of shoulder checks pre and post turning.

so then i can put my right foot on ground just before taking off for stability when to take off then correct without getting hit with a point ?

I highly recommend checking YouTube videos of the course; it's worth doing it before the the test, just so that you're familiar with the route and there are no surprises.

It's a lot easier then the M1 exit, you can also shift to neutral at a stop but just make sure the brake is covered the whole time. That is something I asked the drivetest examiner before we began.

They follow you in a car, during my test we got separated by an amber left turning left. I had to wait at a nearby gas station until they could catch up. That was probably the trickiest part, because i had to enter Steeles from the gas station and drivetest car was still doing 80km/h not even slowing down all while screaming for me to get in front. I had to get on and just open the throttle. Normally you wait for a gap to a merge.

you right foot should never need to hit the ground while stopped; unless you feel the bike tipping to the right and need to stop yourself from tipping over.

Yes you can put your right foot down and keep the brake light on with your hand, but that hand also applies throttle when you are rolling off from the light. If the bike isn't moving forward while the brake light is off you can be hit with a demerit point. Not impossible, but tricky to roll on throttle while keeping you hand on the brake enough to keep the brake light lit.

During the test I preferred to keep my foot on the rear brake until the bike was in motion and then completely remove it just to avoid a silly demerit point.

also emgergency stop on sideof road ? look - blinker - move/pull over - Put Hazzard lights on - shut bike off - kick stand - get off wait a sec then hop on and go again ?

See in red

While stopped, left foot down, right foot up on brake. When taking off there should be no need to put right foot down just roll away. Now if you are in the bad habit of stopping in Neutral and you are putting right foot down to shift into first you have a problem. Stop in first gear keep right foot on brake, when light turns green release brake and take off.

Examiners expect to see you stop with bike in 1st and then take off when green. If they see you have to put right foot down and shift into first you will also get a demerit.

nope i always leave the bike in gear (1st) when stopped but im in the habit to leave and have/use both feet when taking off though is all. i can sit there with rear brake covered yes, but i put my right foot down an start to let clutch out and let go of front brake and give some gas and roll on...

dunno why but feel more stable when doing that, maybe i'll ask the instructor just before i go.

ahhhh the light only needs to be lite up then !! i always use both brakes when stopped

This is incorrect, or at least an incorrect interpretation and application of the requirements in the official marking guide.
Instructors will teach you to sit with the right foot up on the brake and left foot down, bike in gear, clutch in. In CSC lingo, this is the "ready position".
As far as the examiner is concerned, it's only the brake light that matters, not the brake. So if you put both feet down and use the front brake to keep the light on, there's no error.

I think key word is the examiners are looking for feet movement and brake lights when at a stop.

Windy day with one foot off the ground covering the rear brake....no thanks.

as said, read the sticky. lots of info. There is also the option of taking the course. You sound unsure/rusty? in your skill set, may be a worthwhile investment. they will walk you through the skills you need. its more expensive than the test, but can be good price to pay for some

I would recommend bringing a pair of earplugs, if you don't normally wear them. Silencing the wind noise in one ear will help you to better hear the instruction coming in on the headset, in the other ear. In my case, the stupid little earbud wouldn't sit well in my ear, and they had to tape it on. That was a mission to keep in while getting the helmet on.

After 10 minutes of struggling, I said effit and just crossed my fingers. Had to have them repeat damn near every instruction three times over, but a passing grade was earned.

Just stay calm, be smart, and exaggerate your vision checks. Good luck.

as said, read the sticky. lots of info. There is also the option of taking the course. You sound unsure/rusty? in your skill set, may be a worthwhile investment. they will walk you through the skills you need. its more expensive than the test, but can be good price to pay for some

just early in the season atm, ive been on bikes since i was a kid so like 25 yrs ive been on bikes and etc, only nervous due to it expiring aug 14th this summer is all wanna make sure im totally set/covered before hand

I took the M2 exit course through RTI and would highly recommend. Yes, you could just take the test through the Ministry and save some money, but the course helped me identify and correct any habits I had accrued in the years between my M1 exit and M2 exit. They also take you on the exam route and demonstrate everything that will be on the test so you are very well prepared. I found it useful, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom