Fort McMurray | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fort McMurray

Old Suzy

Site Supporter
What a horrifying situation in Fort McMurray. My heartfelt condolances to all of the people of Fort McMurray. The devastation appears to be fairly wide spread from the media photos and videos. It will take years to build back to pre fire condition. The housing situation sucked before this fire and now it will be unbearable.

My step-sisters-in-law have lost their houses :(

My daughter lived there until last night, she was evacuated north. Downtown core is still burning and no rain predicted till next tuesday. What a mess.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around it. A perfect storm of weather and fuel load.

i have a buddy who just had a dodge dealership loan him and a few buddies a couple new rams and i think he said 21ft trailers (but looking at the pic of the 1st one loaded up it looks to be about 15ft...maybe the trailers are all different i dont know) and partnered with a grocery store to fill them up with gas, food and water.
hes driving out there from where he is staying (about 3 hrs) to help out whoever he can.

Last edited:
one of the challenges for relocating people is distance, its 1.5hrs to get to LacLaBiche the next real town, 2hrs to Cold Lake and 4-5hrs into Edmonton and there just isnt anything else up there. Watching the news doesnt really do justice to the feeling of driving through it, my daughter said driving through her subdivision you couldnt touch the glass on the car windows it was so hot, trees just exploded from heat. From when the evacuation order came till caos kicked in was a pretty short window.

[video=youtube;aC2iPvXAggM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC2iPvXAggM&feature=youtu.be[/video]

In that situation, I am all for driving on the wrong side of the road. The vehicles seemed to be holding up well, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to hang out beside 50'+ flames for very long.

In that situation, I am all for driving on the wrong side of the road. The vehicles seemed to be holding up well, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to hang out beside 50'+ flames for very long.

And it's still more orderly than Bovaird on a sunny day.

And it's still more orderly than Bovaird on a sunny day.
you have won the brampton internets today.

yeah so more from the step-sis in law, she had to have a wet towel put over her toddler's mouth to let him breathe cause there's just so much smoke...

cousin-in law had to siphon gas out of 2 cars to be able to make it out. (so basically, 4 people with 3 cars, to siphon into one car to take that one car to be able to get somewhere)

It's really ****ed... i think this would be the right time for the gov't to deploy their secret weather tampering techs! lol

Any idea what caused the fire? Temps are still cool here

It's 30 degrees and sunny there.

Go figure, they have had a relatively warm and dry spring as opposed to Toronto. Perfect conditions for this to happen.

It's really ****ed... i think this would be the right time for the gov't to deploy their secret weather tampering techs! lol

AFAIK seeding clouds to make rain is relatively simple, but it requires clouds (IIRC the US used a silver compound to do this in the past). If there is no moisture in the air, not much you can do.

In those situations, I'm surprised people are still driving without headlights/rearlights..

There were a few reports of head-on collisions closing a main road off completely for hours.

Last edited:
In those situations, I'm surprised people are still driving without headlights/rearlights..

There were a few reports of head-on collisions closing a main road off completely for hours.

happens every other day. worst place to ride

Last edited:
well at least the ones that lost there homes that have insurance can collect, houses worth 80grand or less today was bought for over half a million or more when the oil was was high in price,

might be a saving grace for some.

Back
Top Bottom