Forks crack down | GTAMotorcycle.com

Forks crack down

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Was idling along Mississauga Road north of the Forks couple of seconds behind a cruiser and got nicked for 81 in a 60 zone. Cop was sitting at bottom of the hill and already had his lights going so couldn't figure what was up. Thought he was either after the cruiser or off to an emergency. Kinda weird...

Anyways cop said lots of complaints so they are cracking down...and on loud pipes tho I did not see th other cop he mentioned.

Just a heads up.

To top off the day did an unintended stream crossing on one of the roads near home after that cloud burst.
Luckily no other car beside me....storm drain was fountaining up and water across the road about a foot deep.

Had my rain jacket on but didn't bother with the rain pants as had lighter boots which are not waterproof.
Poured a fair bit out. Then the sun came out.
Interesting day...:rolleyes:

Saw opp bikes on hockley and then mono center as well. Two different opp cars on river too. Definitely an increased presence in the area but hey let riders ride and don't be a bully. I'm sure the complaints are for nothing :rolleyes:

That sucks! Choose an early resolution and they'll likely drop it to 75 in a 60, $60 fine and no points.

Saw opp bikes on hockley and then mono center as well. Two different opp cars on river too. Definitely an increased presence in the area but hey let riders ride and don't be a bully. I'm sure the complaints are for nothing :rolleyes:

Your getting some mileage outta this :) , at least I'm amused.

Yeah education and maybe saving a life is bad.

Funny enough I saw a OPP officer on a bike as well. (Mississauga Rd North of Bovaird) I thought it was strange...

On River Road, first corner west of Terra Nova, in the westbound lane, there is a thin skid-mark that has to be 100 metres long, starting in the middle of the lane and gradually curving left as the road curves more strongly to the left, until just short of where the trajectory of the skid-mark would reach the edge of the road.

Someone must have lost traction in gravel or something.

81 in a 60 in that area isn't a smart move.

"claimed" 81 actual...not going unchallenged as that would be 90 kph on the indicated and simply don't think I was anywhere near that.
He's gonna have to prove it in court was me not the bike ahead me....as I was slowing way down as he already had his cherries going.

The complaints for loud pipes are big time justified in the area and that is what is bringing the heat down....you cannot even have a conversation for two minutes without some immature poser blatting his presence for a couple miles around.
He was actually apologetic about the whole thing...

If I lived there I'd complain too.

That sucks! Choose an early resolution and they'll likely drop it to 75 in a 60, $60 fine and no points.
Not good advice, counts bad against your insurance. Add another 3km/h over ticket or two in the next 3 years = your insurance cancelled :(

Fight almost every ticket as if your license is on the line, because one day it could save it from being so.

They were doing radar for most of the morning on Mississauga road .. and keeping pretty busy by the looks of it too.

They've raised the speed limit from 50 to 60 through Huttonville (finally!) and from 60 to 80 from just north of Queen to just south of Bovaird ... but then it drops to 50 through the construction zone ...

I hear that Mac Doc guy is a real speeder...

Let's enjoy the forks while they last. Those subdivisions creep further north each year and eventually the burbies will want those dangerous roads straightened out. Look at all the accidnents they cause. Plus, all that steering gets in the way of texting, which generates tax monies for the gov.

Yet what kills me is the 80 zone for construction on the 410. No one does it and not one cop in the 30 times I've been on it lately. I was doing 100 up it the other night and everything with wheels was flying past me. I don't get it.

Head tapping works! I got the head tap signal from an oncoming rider today on the forks of the credit road and slowed down just in time before I passed the cop doing radar from McLaren road. I'm local to the area and sometimes forget to slow it down on the weekends when the cops are out in full force.

The complaints for loud pipes are big time justified in the area and that is what is bringing the heat down....you cannot even have a conversation for two minutes without some immature poser blatting his presence for a couple miles around.

How did you enjoy the rolling freak show of half a dozen loud HOGS one c/w with blaring stereo pulling into the parking lot throttles gunning? I was sitting across the street with Larry, Curly and Moe no wait it was Leo, Larry and Lornce we were all disgusted in unison and didn't mind saying so.

Yup - was there too.....I don't even think they bought anything ....just made a lot of racket and left....maybe a meetup.

How did you enjoy the rolling freak show of half a dozen loud HOGS one c/w with blaring stereo pulling into the parking lot throttles gunning? I was sitting across the street with Larry, Curly and Moe no wait it was Leo, Larry and Lornce we were all disgusted in unison and didn't mind saying so.

Let riders ride and all that.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the crackdown, but, has anyone else heard the Mazda commercial on the radio? I've heard it on Boom 97.3. They ask the girl what her favourite road to drive is and she responds "Forks of the Credit road near Belfountain".
Will post link if I can.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the crackdown, but, has anyone else heard the Mazda commercial on the radio? I've heard it on Boom 97.3. They ask the girl what her favourite road to drive is and she responds "Forks of the Credit road near Belfountain".
Will post link if I can.

Yes I heard this on the weekend listening to talk radio. I figured the residents would love that.

Back
Top Bottom