for the mac savvy users: video converter program for the mac | GTAMotorcycle.com

for the mac savvy users: video converter program for the mac

nvidia

i'm trying to convert movies on my CD-RW into mp4 to download on to the ipad, but i guess some of the movies are in a format that visual hub 1.31 does not recognize.

Are there other file conversion programs that I can use. there's too many alternative programs out there that are all rated excellent. Visual hub 1.31 in my opinion was the best because it was free and easy to use, but unfortunately does not support all file formats

if you have a normal comp, you could convert it there and then just transfer the file as an mp4.

I use video magic to do my converting and then throw it right on to my iPod or iPhone.

I also have VLC player on my iPhone and it works with pretty much any format.

I used a program called Videora iPad Converter once with good success.

But it's definitely easier to just download the VLC or CineXPlayer apps on your iPad, they'll view just about any kind of video file and you can transfer movies into those apps right through iTunes.

You should have vlc on anything that will support it. Super handy when you just want to watch something without screwing around with formats.

Also this is super cheap but sometimes works. Changing the extension of the file will provide results and takes 2 seconds to do. Try changing it to .mp4 and then put it on the device and see what happens. It has worked for me on other computers that didn't have vlc installed.

I use handbrake, it isn't fast but it works. I haven't tried the other programs to compare them.

Can you not convert them with the free version of QuickTime that came on your Mac?

this is the easiest way, convert and transfer to iTunes with one click.

the best place to find an instant answer to anything iPad, but please don't forget the search tab, most likely to be asked and answered already.
http://www.ipadforums.net/forumindex.php

Back
Top Bottom