For the love of wings! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

For the love of wings!

Crackberry-- original Turtle Jack's was not on Courtney Park, but on County Court & Hurontario. Took over location from a host of failed restaurants. Then they added their take out wings "Buffalo Bobs". This was the best place for wings in the 90s hands down, and a major contributor to my substantial girth. When they sold to Cara foods (I think), everything went downhill.

Yes you are indeed correct on both accounts......address and this particular location's unfortunate fall from fame.

The wings in Buffalo at the Anchor Bar are ok.But the atmosphere of the place and the group ride down there more than makes up for it.Any time and food shared with good friends is always great.

Personally, I find Anchor Bar hugely overrated. Favourite wing place in Buffalo is La Nova Pizzeria, their BBQ Pit wings are awesome.

Pic for reference, https://instagram.com/p/yufO_-mdLj/

Last edited:
I enjoy Red Rockets in Hamilton, haven't tried them at many other places though.

I have never understood the enjoyment people get of burning their face off with hot wings/food....why put yourself through that? I get that people have different palletes and one level of hotness is could affect 5 different ppl 5 different ways but why would you go out of your way to find the hottest available?

Don't get me wrong I have travelled the world and have had many hot curries in Thailand, India etc etc. I am open minded...enlighten me.

About spicy food:

Eating, like sex, is better if you sweat.

Crackberry-- When they sold to Cara foods (I think), everything went downhill.
Buffalo Wild Wings? Uh, next.

Tj's is not part of the Cara group, independent franchise group, but the TJ's founder did work in the industry with brands that are now Cara (kelseys) They have had some locations come and go and be rebranded. They did put a big emphasis on wings in the original concept. The bar they built in Port Carling is just booming from May24 to Labor day.

Tj's is not part of the Cara group, independent franchise group, but the TJ's founder did work in the industry with brands that are now Cara (kelseys) They have had some locations come and go and be rebranded. They did put a big emphasis on wings in the original concept. The bar they built in Port Carling is just booming from May24 to Labor day.

Yeah, I wasn't sure who the owners were now. I remember him having ties to Kelsey's in the beginning.
Nothing wrong with the franchise, for what it is. It just doesn't measure up to the original TJs imo

Yeah, I wasn't sure who the owners were now. I remember him having ties to Kelsey's in the beginning.
Nothing wrong with the franchise, for what it is. It just doesn't measure up to the original TJs imo

Good friend is a shareholder, I'll agree the growth of the brand hasn't made the food better. It's really more about the party crowd with lots of cash to drink.

The wings in Buffalo at the Anchor Bar are ok.But the atmosphere of the place and the group ride down there more than makes up for it.Any time and food shared with good friends is always great.
I like to deep fry mine,toss em in my sauce and then bbq em.A bit more work,but worth it.

I used to take corporate governance training at the White Oaks in Niagara-on-the-lake. We would stay there for two nights one of which a group of us would cross over to eat wings @ the Anchor Bar. The wings were not anything special IMO. I flew out of Buffalo airport last year and found that they'd opened an Anchor Bar at the terminal as well.

After reading your post, I went online to find Anchor Bar's website and have discovered a franchise which has opened up in downtown Hamilton! I just called them and it is a two storey building with Yuk Yuks on the upper level and Anchor Bar in the lower level. They've been open for about three years now....

Just an FYI.

Cheers!

The Ivy pub in Milton has probably the best wings ever .. Amazing and they're huge .. Also Allstars in Vaughan Ceasar does texas is 9000 colories of the best thing that will ever fit in your mouth.... ever...

The closest All Star Wings & Ribs to me appears to be in Mississauga on 6465 Millcreek drive. I will definitely have to try their Cesar does Texas.

I will also sample their Armageddon wings to see how they compare to the Blackensteins.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I love some good wings! Would definitely be interested in a ride for wings in different spots in the city!

Some that come to mind....

- Sloppy Joe's (Lakeshore/Browns Line) - used to be $0.30/each when I was in University....now they're $0.50/each on Tues/Thurs but not as good...lots of meat though
- Firehall in Oakville....absolutely delicious!
- Wingporium....meh....they're alright to me but the huge flavour count is great - their wedges are great when they're cooked properly all the way through.
- Wacky Wings - played in a pool league there for years....great wings
- a personal favourite of mine is Albatross Pub here in my area. Great food, good prices, and the wings are delicious (not spicy though) but good portion with great fries
- The Pump - awesome wings...love going there nowadays but it's very busy so show up early or eat at the bar.

Last edited:
Where is The Pump? Why am I thinking Rockwood Mall? Or Ponytrail and Rathburn?

Where is The Pump? Why am I thinking Rockwood Mall? Or Ponytrail and Rathburn?

The Clarkson Pump & Patio...1744 Lakeshore Rd W, Mississauga. Sorry not Oakville.

theclarksonpump.com

The Clarkson Pump & Patio...1744 Lakeshore Rd W, Mississauga. Sorry not Oakville.

theclarksonpump.com

Sounds good. Will add to my list. ?

Back
Top Bottom