Flying Squirrel aka OTOMOTO (update) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Flying Squirrel aka OTOMOTO (update)

I stopped in this afternoon at Flying Squirrel and they are a Royal Enfield dealer. Their official opening is this Thursday. Lots of pricey Belstaff jackets on the rack.

Has anyone had any luck buying parts from them ?
I've sent at least 6 inquiries via direct email or through their website link providing RE part numbers asking prices and availability.
I've rec'd nothing back but crickets.
I'm not going to bother stopping by unless I know they have what I want, I don't need a latte FFS.

I stopped by there the other day for help in getting my stock exhausts off (I just could not get the right side exhaust to disconnect from the header joint) and they promptly helped me out.

They used to have a different system where you booked a consult online and chose a time for them to call you. That worked the one time I tried it, but they have since removed that system cause it wasn’t very efficient for them.

Email response has been mixed. The only time they were immediately responsive was when I was getting my bike replaced. Any time after that, I’d send a simple email question and get nothing back. I have to call them to get info and even then, they’ll say they’ll call back and nothing happens for days. I have to call them back again to check up.

Next time I’m there I’ll let them know about their emailing issues and that people are being discouraged by the lack of response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Has anyone had any luck buying parts from them ?
I've sent at least 6 inquiries via direct email or through their website link providing RE part numbers asking prices and availability.
I've rec'd nothing back but crickets.
I'm not going to bother stopping by unless I know they have what I want, I don't need a latte FFS.

After the second unanswered email I would have tried that new tech called a phone lol.

After the second unanswered email I would have tried that new tech called a phone lol.
It seems a lot of companies have dropped the ball in terms of communications/interactions with their customers since the pandemic. I've called, emailed and texted several service companies (septic pump out X 3, alarm service provider, law office) and nobody answers phones or emails. Texts get replied to after a couple days.

I just noticed that my drivers license expired. They don't even send out a renewal notice anymore.

I'm getting tired of COVID as the excuse for crap service.

I have given up on another dealer in Ontario this year after they don't answer emails I was trying to buy 2 new bikes but if they can't bother answering email I went somewhere else.

Sent using a thumb maybe 2

Then why bother having an email address ? I prefer to ask my question and get an answer in an orderly fashion.

I dunno bro, maybe you have the wrong address, maybe your email is getting wiped as spam. If you had phoned them you could have asked them why they aren’t responding, kill two birds with one stone.

I dunno bro, maybe you have the wrong address, maybe your email is getting wiped as spam. If you had phoned them you could have asked them why they aren’t responding, kill two birds with one stone.
I provided them with RE part numbers, I asked for price and availability. I do not want to sit on hold while they look up stuff they should have taken care of. I WILL call them and ask what the problem is, I was just hoping for a prompter answer ?

I provided them with RE part numbers, I asked for price and availability. I do not want to sit on hold while they look up stuff they should have taken care of. I WILL call them and ask what the problem is, I was just hoping for a prompter answer ?

I don’t disagree at all but a valid point mentioned is maybe your email is getting identified as spam. It’s worth considering and trying a call IMO

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Today's update - I stopped in at FS with a list of part numbers (5) of things I wanted.
It took them the better part of an hour to find but they had everything on the shelf.
Parts prices in their system are in USD so that had to be translated.
Then their point-of-sale credit card machine didn't work. I was the only person in the place the whole time.
Lots of expensive Belstaff clothing, trinkets, t-shirts, hoodies and fragrances (???) and cardboard boxes piled everywhere mixed in with maybe 10 motos.
They claim problems with their computer system and emails - I'm shocked (not).
IMO they've got a long way to go establishing credibility. I hope they get there soon ...

curious what parts were you looking for?

im having a hell of a time sourcing the lift handle on the left side of the interceptor. i want to install the center stand on my gt650 and want the lift handle as well. literally doesnt exist on ebay. one shop in the UK seems to have it but they want 40 euro to ship it lol.

curious what parts were you looking for?

im having a hell of a time sourcing the lift handle on the left side of the interceptor. i want to install the center stand on my gt650 and want the lift handle as well. literally doesn't exist on ebay. one shop in the UK seems to have it but they want 40 euro to ship it lol.
Maintenance parts - oil filter, etc.
I've had good luck with Hitchcock's but they only ship Dicom and yes it's a killer.
Or try One Stop Accessories from India ( One Stop Accessories ), their prices are good and they ship pretty quickly.

ahh yep im familar with both of those. no lift handle. its weird.

i also got dealer prices for the OEM black rims and they were much more expensive than i thought (1132$ for front and 950$ for rear!). holy ****. still waiting for royal enfield to release official alloys.

ahh yep im familar with both of those. no lift handle. its weird.

i also got dealer prices for the OEM black rims and they were much more expensive than i thought (1132$ for front and 950$ for rear!). holy ****. still waiting for royal enfield to release official alloys.
Part # 1030100/A Lift handle - shown with the stands (?)
For rims and spokes check Buchanan's - then you can get any diameter and width you like - Buchanan's Spoke & Rim, Inc - About Us

Another alternative would be to disassemble your existing wheels and have the rims powder coated over the winter. PM me.

Part # 1030100/A Lift handle - shown with the stands (?)
For rims and spokes check Buchanan's - then you can get any diameter and width you like - Buchanan's Spoke & Rim, Inc - About Us

yah thats the only place i saw the lift handle and its the one where they want like 40 euro for shipping. maybe i'll email them and see if i can get a better rate.

1635970117485.png

Back
Top Bottom