Flattened Honda C70 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Flattened Honda C70

RDD your names not Steve Austin is it?? We have the technology we can rebuild you..lol OP that sucks, just glad as you said you were no where near the bike, that would have left a mark.

The mental pain is intense to be sure. I had 2 street bikes and one MX bike stolen from me. One street bike was recovered and after a fight with the insurance company it was restored to new. My first TL1000S was totalled in a head on collision with a drunk elderly man in his Cadillac STS.

That one gave me a concussion and soft tissue strain in my lower extremities. Broken collar bone at 4 years old but the brace I wore gave me great posture. Massive concussion at 6 years old hitting a tree while tobogganing, teachers were not very observant of where I went apparently. Both the rotator cuff strained in grade 9 showing off on the universal bench press. Both wrists badly hurt having to perform an emergency brake stab while going over backwards on my GSXR11 doing a wheelie, saved it though. Broken foot in boot camp in South Carolina, and also badly inflamed anterior hip ligaments during training. Massive concussion, separated shoulder, broken upper arm while pretending I was the space shuttle on my RM250 in the mid 90's. Snapped ACL and torn meniscus playing a baseball game. The ACL tear came 1 year after I hyperextended my knee twice in a two week period on motocross bikes.

So just the normal wear and tear.

Damn.. just saw this. I am in Hamilton, also own a Passport. I would be gutted if that were mine. Sad end for a classic.

Reddog- somewhat but not exactly. Like I said, I've been victim of light/ minimal damage hit and runs before but, to have it like it is this time crushed me too for a few minutes (not literally, but mentally). I'm just glad it wasn't my R1, as well that I hadn't worked early and wasn't on the bike or standing beside it getting ready to go. It has to be a real nice cage to hit close to home like that. Was/is it a real nice cage?
Do you have any threads pertaining to these numerous various entertaining injuries?

The mental pain is intense to be sure. I had 2 street bikes and one MX bike stolen from me. One street bike was recovered and after a fight with the insurance company it was restored to new. My first TL1000S was totalled in a head on collision with a drunk elderly man in his Cadillac STS.

That one gave me a concussion and soft tissue strain in my lower extremities. Broken collar bone at 4 years old but the brace I wore gave me great posture. Massive concussion at 6 years old hitting a tree while tobogganing, teachers were not very observant of where I went apparently. Both the rotator cuff strained in grade 9 showing off on the universal bench press. Both wrists badly hurt having to perform an emergency brake stab while going over backwards on my GSXR11 doing a wheelie, saved it though. Broken foot in boot camp in South Carolina, and also badly inflamed anterior hip ligaments during training. Massive concussion, separated shoulder, broken upper arm while pretending I was the space shuttle on my RM250 in the mid 90's. Snapped ACL and torn meniscus playing a baseball game. The ACL tear came 1 year after I hyperextended my knee twice in a two week period on motocross bikes.

So just the normal wear and tear.
WOW. NUTS! Sounds/ looks like age and experience to me, I can count my injuries/ incidents, not nearly as many.Three bikes stolen is pretty brutal as well. Never mind all the injuries. I think I did ask if you had a thread though pertaining to these injuries and what kind of cage you drove. But I always appreciate a little hijack action and to read/ hear about peoples experiences and anecdotes.

RDD your names not Steve Austin is it?? We have the technology we can rebuild you..lol OP that sucks, just glad as you said you were no where near the bike, that would have left a mark.
Is that even possible? He, like my bike might be too far gone! No kidding hedo, everything happens for a reason. I'm happy it wasn't my R1 and I wasn't there. At the end of the day it's just a bike.

As much as this video is cruel. Its great to see how much abuse the bike can actually take though.

With that FYI, my bike still runs perfectly fine- minus the fact that the front wheel is crushed into the fork and the ignition is demolished almost completely. All that is left is the wire that goes to the harness and key slot- which does still turn.

Damn.. just saw this. I am in Hamilton, also own a Passport. I would be gutted if that were mine. Sad end for a classic.
It certainly did hit pretty close to home. Not enough passport/cub riders out in the GTA. Glad to make your acquaintance.

WOW. NUTS! Sounds/ looks like age and experience to me, I can count my injuries/ incidents, not nearly as many.Three bikes stolen is pretty brutal as well. Never mind all the injuries. I think I did ask if you had a thread though pertaining to these injuries and what kind of cage you drove. But I always appreciate a little hijack action and to read/ hear about peoples experiences and anecdotes.

Is that even possible? He, like my bike might be too far gone! No kidding hedo, everything happens for a reason. I'm happy it wasn't my R1 and I wasn't there. At the end of the day it's just a bike.

As much as this video is cruel. Its great to see how much abuse the bike can actually take though.

With that FYI, my bike still runs perfectly fine- minus the fact that the front wheel is crushed into the fork and the ignition is demolished almost completely. All that is left is the wire that goes to the harness and key slot- which does still turn.

It certainly did hit pretty close to home. Not enough passport/cub riders out in the GTA. Glad to make your acquaintance.

Sorry, I never meant to ignore you.

If you're asking what car I have, it's a 2012 Elantra which I enjoy a lot. Hyundai treats me very well. Especially the dealership in Hamilton.
i don't believe I show my old injuries easily. The ACL is sometimes a pain but the repair was well done, and hyper flexibility in my connective tissues also aided me in some impacts. For 45 I'm doing pretty well.

Is the repair started yet?

Looks like some reflective duct tape and you're all set for that repair!

Hope it ain't to bad.

Sorry, I never meant to ignore you.

If you're asking what car I have, it's a 2012 Elantra which I enjoy a lot. Hyundai treats me very well. Especially the dealership in Hamilton.
i don't believe I show my old injuries easily. The ACL is sometimes a pain but the repair was well done, and hyper flexibility in my connective tissues also aided me in some impacts. For 45 I'm doing pretty well.

Is the repair started yet?

Don't be sorry. We're all just having fun around here. That's all right. I'd be super ****** if my car had a smashed quarter panel especially if it was newer but even being a 10-15 year old car. I'd be super ******.
Generally from my experience and observations, if corrective procedures and rehabilitation are completed properly than healing is normally as good as it was before an injury give or a take a bit. Staying active to any degree plays a big part in maintaining mobility.

As far as my bike goes, I started tear down of it a couple days after it got hit, however hadn't had much time since it's not stored at my place downtown as I have no space for it. That in mind the guy who hit my bike payed me out for it since he didn't want me to file the police report or insurance claim so he wouldn't lose his job. I went out east almost all the way to Ottawa and picked up a great running survivor- exact same year, lower kms, different color. I've had a couple issues with it since I brought it back and I've been riding it, nothing major though. I conveniently have a parts bike to work with and since I got the exact same bike and already have the manual I'm a bit more prepared.

Looks like some reflective duct tape and you're all set for that repair!

Hope it ain't to bad.

Not sure how far the reflective duct tape will get me for this one, like I said to RedDogDarren; I've started the tear down, but tape wont don't do much, the parts that are crushed are crushed, not sure if the rim is straight, but the forks are definitely twisted. Not sure if the neck on the frame or the frame is. Not sure I want to know. I haven't decided yet. Might sell as is, a fine gentlemen on our forum has shown interest and I have way to many projects going on. Not sure if anyone is really familiar with these old Honda cub link- style forks, but the tops of the forks at the stem are actually twisted open, and the left fork arm is bent into the wheel and stuck on the tire, just off of the rim. The paint actually flaked off from the torsion and possibly a bad paint job from a previous owner or after market company. I haven't gone too far with it- like I said, not sure If I will.

Well it got hit again today. Not crushed or a major hit but a lady in a Honda Fit parked against it and dented/marked the leg shield with her license plate. I took pictures of everything. One of my supervisors/ coworkers spoke to her when she finally came back out to her car and she denied it and was rude. Two of my other supervisors/co workers watched her park and told her not too. She got a ticket for parking there from the city, more than half of the car was in a no parking loading zone. I'm debating what to do. Obviously the bikes not going to be perfect, it is a survivor and a rider.

However if she at least admitted to it or didn't flat out deny it and call us all liers I'd certainly feel a lot better about it. Not really sure what to do. I even got a picture of the ticket. Obviously I'm not going to make the insurance claim on something so small and little but I'm seriously debating filing a hit and run report at the collision reporting center. Considering I have at least two maybe three witnesses, a mark on my bike and pictures I feel like she might get charged and learn her lesson, but obviously I don't want it to affect my premium or my record. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

The damage is small/minor enough that if it was on a new car bumper or bike fairing I'd take a heat gun to it and massage it out and polish it/wet sand it what ever. I did go to school for the trade. But being 30 Year Old plastic I don't think it's the best idea. Any plastic I've worked on in the past that was older than 10-15 years took repair treatment unlike today's modern plastics from my experience at least.

I'm thinking I should call my insurance company and see what they say before I proceed. I want to maintain my record. As crappy as it is, I don't want it getting any worse. I don't think I've ever had so much problems with parking any other bike. Maybe because it's so small and I keep it covered generally?
I'm pretty frustrated guys. Any thoughts or ideas on what happened today or before- besides finding somewhere significantly better and safer to park...

Last edited:
To quote a dear friend of mine, "How come everything you post is somebody elses' fault" I realize it's irrelevant but I needed to post something quick.

Last edited:
To quote a dear friend of mine, "How come everything you post is somebody elses' fault" I realize it's relevant but I needed to post something quick.
I know what you mean. I'm on the look out for better parking. I wish there more bikes out already so we can park together. Apparently street parking is risky for riders? Am I literally the only person with these kind of problems? I've certainly seen other posts of bikes getting clipped- correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think you can just point the finger at us though and say we were legally properly parked but It's our own fault we got hit. It's not like we're parking on main streets alone with lots of traffic. I don't f*Ck!ng know what to say.

I know what you mean. I'm on the look out for better parking. I wish there more bikes out already so we can park together. Apparently street parking is risky for riders? Am I literally the only person with these kind of problems? I've certainly seen other posts of bikes getting clipped- correct me if I'm wrong. I don't think you can just point the finger at us though and say we were legally properly parked but It's our own fault we got hit. It's not like we're parking on main streets alone with lots of traffic. I don't f*Ck!ng know what to say.

You did nothing wrong I just used your post to troll a clown whose following me around. I do apologize. Hope everything works out for you:)

You did nothing wrong I just used your post to troll a clown whose following me around. I do apologize. Hope everything works out for you:)
Thanks for the apology, and positive wishes. You totally lost me before and now.. a clown physically around you or online here?

Well it got hit again today. Not crushed or a major hit but a lady in a Honda Fit parked against it and dented/marked the leg shield with her license plate. I took pictures of everything. One of my supervisors/ coworkers spoke to her when she finally came back out to her car and she denied it and was rude. Two of my other supervisors/co workers watched her park and told her not too. She got a ticket for parking there from the city, more than half of the car was in a no parking loading zone. I'm debating what to do. Obviously the bikes not going to be perfect, it is a survivor and a rider.

However if she at least admitted to it or didn't flat out deny it and call us all liers I'd certainly feel a lot better about it. Not really sure what to do. I even got a picture of the ticket. Obviously I'm not going to make the insurance claim on something so small and little but I'm seriously debating filing a hit and run report at the collision reporting center. Considering I have at least two maybe three witnesses, a mark on my bike and pictures I feel like she might get charged and learn her lesson, but obviously I don't want it to affect my premium or my record. Not sure what I'm going to do with it.

The damage is small/minor enough that if it was on a new car bumper or bike fairing I'd take a heat gun to it and massage it out and polish it/wet sand it what ever. I did go to school for the trade. But being 30 Year Old plastic I don't think it's the best idea. Any plastic I've worked on in the past that was older than 10-15 years took repair treatment unlike today's modern plastics from my experience at least.

I'm thinking I should call my insurance company and see what they say before I proceed. I want to maintain my record. As crappy as it is, I don't want it getting any worse. I don't think I've ever had so much problems with parking any other bike. Maybe because it's so small and I keep it covered generally?
I'm pretty frustrated guys. Any thoughts or ideas on what happened today or before- besides finding somewhere significantly better and safer to park...

Call your insurance agent for guidance. If they say that reporting it doesn't count as an incident against you (some insurance companies count incidents as a claim whether you actually claim damage or not) then definitely report. The person that hit you has to feel some pain. Hopefully reporting will result in a charge against them. Take many pictures to prove that you were legally parked; if you are illegally parked and get hit, then you are at fault in the eyes of the insurance company.

Any thoughts or ideas on what happened today or before- besides finding somewhere significantly better and safer to park...

A consideration. A significant contributor to people's behaviour is positive and negative reinforcement. You won't change or alter her behaviour (in the future) if you don't hold her accountable for her actions.

Last edited:
Thanks for the apology, and positive wishes. You totally lost me before and now.. a clown physically around you or online here?

On last count there were 29 clowns named sonny in a Lamborgini.

Call your insurance agent for guidance. If they say that reporting it doesn't count as an incident against you (some insurance companies count incidents as a claim whether you actually claim damage or not) then definitely report. The person that hit you has to feel some pain. Hopefully reporting will result in a charge against them. Take many pictures to prove that you were legally parked; if you are illegally parked and get hit, then you are at fault in the eyes of the insurance company.

That's basically what I was thinking. It'll have to wait until Monday- she has my number but I doubt she'll call me at all. I'm pretty sure she'll get charged If I report it at the collision center and/or to my insurance company. The big question is what will happen for me with my record going forward- I really don't want it on my insurance record at all, at fault or not. I don't want to be shopping around for quotes at the end of the year when my policy is expiring and have them able to see that like oh, you get hit while parked. +10% or 25%. F|V|L. I was definitely legally parked. I always am. I wish I/we could park on the sidewalk, it's not like it's a big bike or it'd take a lot of space. NVM until bike parking is paid, they'd make more money off the space that I'm taking up in tickets and people paying to actually park... bit of an oxymoron if you ask me.

A consideration. A significant contributor to people's behaviour is positive and negative reinforcement. You won't change or alter her behaviour (in the future) if you don't hold her accountable for her actions.
Well said. I wanted to key or trash her honda fit. But two wrongs don't make a right. But if I'm going to get screwed over by reporting it, then I'm not sure how to proceed. I can't afford to go backwards, and on the other hand I'm certainly no teacher.

On last count there were 29 clowns named sonny in a Lamborgini.
I always knew we were on completely different levels, but whenever we conversate you remind me that I really have no clue w+f I/we are talking about!

If your bike got hit while it was legally parked then an insurance claim is not going to affect your claims record. It will be a "not at fault" claim. Unless you have full coverage insurance, it may be a battle getting a claim started - but given that this was essentially a hit-and-run, I'd pursue it "just because". If the other party is at fault, you won't have to pay the deductible, either.

As far as the other person is involved is concerned ... you have witnesses, and phone calls from insurance agents and, if necessary, police officers pointing out that they were in a hit-and-run, tend to motivate such people.

Collisions with less damage than the deductible normally aren't reportable ... but if the other driver is not co-operating, then that doesn't apply.

There are two allowable parking conditions for bikes that I care about. Either it is inside my own locked building, or it doesn't leave my sight. I don't trust the general public.

Back
Top Bottom