Flat tire on the way to work | GTAMotorcycle.com

Flat tire on the way to work

beverage

Took a shard of debris in the back tire. It's still jammed in there but leaking like a sieve. It'll be an elongated hole so I don't think it can be plugged, even just to get me home. Is there a mobile tire guy in the GTA who will deliver and change tires? 404 / Hwy#7 area.

Watch for debris in eastbound Hwy#7 to North Allstate parkway turning lane. Looks like a garbage bag exploded across the lane.

I literally JUST took this turn (and take it every day)... I also noticed the garbage, but thought it was all paper/plastic... thanks for the heads up.

I think you can contact MotoLimo at the very least to tow your bike to the nearest shop, like Z1cycletech near Bayview & John. http://www.z1cycletech.com/

I literally JUST took this turn (and take it every day)... I also noticed the garbage, but thought it was all paper/plastic... thanks for the heads up.

I think you can contact MotoLimo at the very least to tow your bike to the nearest shop, like Z1cycletech near Bayview & John. http://www.z1cycletech.com/

Thanks. I'll check them out. Worst case, I should be able to use my CAA plus to get the bike home when it's time to leave work.

Some of that plastic is hard enough to pierce tires, apparently, because that's what's jammed in my tire.

How good are the CAA guys for hauling bikes? Do they have the right equipment? Do they actually know what they're doing for tying it down?
Anyone used Slime in their bike tire? Thinking plug and slime might get me home. I'm sure the shop will hate me when I bring the tire in for a change though.

How good are the CAA guys for hauling bikes? Do they have the right equipment? Do they actually know what they're doing for tying it down?
Anyone used Slime in their bike tire? Thinking plug and slime might get me home. I'm sure the shop will hate me when I bring the tire in for a change though.

CAA will send out MotoLimo (a bike transport service) when available.

CAA will send out MotoLimo (a bike transport service) when available.

I have never got MotoLimo from CAA. I have always had a flatbed with good service when Ive had break downs from CAA+. The last tow I had the guy was super cautious using millions of straps.

I have never got MotoLimo from CAA. I have always had a flatbed with good service when Ive had break downs from CAA+. The last tow I had the guy was super cautious using millions of straps.

Dam*, I've got a client up there and make that turn regularly. Thanks for the heads up.

I also used CAA+ once. They sent a CAA flatbed truck, had a front tire chock and strapped it down properly.

Last edited:

I seen a CAA hauling a bike down the 401 in a pickup yesterday. I imagine they have ramps. As long as they don't attempt picking it up with a wreck. I've seen some actually do that before, ouch.

I had a front tire go down on the dragon 2 years ago and Booya who was riding with us had a can of SLIME which we used and inflated the tire. Worked really well, held up going 70miles back home and then the next day to Wheelers 85miles to get a new tire. So that stuff works in my opinion.

I had a front tire go down on the dragon 2 years ago and Booya who was riding with us had a can of SLIME which we used and inflated the tire. Worked really well, held up going 70miles back home and then the next day to Wheelers 85miles to get a new tire. So that stuff works in my opinion.

Yes that stuff can get you out of a jam I seen it work on a car tire that had a small gash in the sidewall.

Ended up just using CAA to tow the bike home. New tires lined up for tomorrow.
By the way, the CAA truck that arrived had a flatbed that lowered all the way flat to the ground just like the motolimo trucks. Roll the bike on, strap it in place, then the bed gets pulled back up into the back of the truck. The driver said it was a new truck (still smelled new) for them with less than 2000 kms on it.

Ended up just using CAA to tow the bike home. New tires lined up for tomorrow.
By the way, the CAA truck that arrived had a flatbed that lowered all the way flat to the ground just like the motolimo trucks. Roll the bike on, strap it in place, then the bed gets pulled back up into the back of the truck. The driver said it was a new truck (still smelled new) for them with less than 2000 kms on it.

Good to hear things worked out for you.

Back
Top Bottom