First pics of 2021 Harley Davidson Pan America | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First pics of 2021 Harley Davidson Pan America

Whoever designed it was never an off roader. Rubber pegs, tank to seat relationship is all wrong for standing and gripping the bike with your knees, the rear master brake cylinder will be ripped off when I move around on the bike standing. It is not a functional design though it'll likely work fine on the street.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
The KTM 790 has rubber pegs too, works better for on road. Pegs are easily replaceable by riders who want to use it mostly offroad. I think this bike will be used mainly for touring, with the occasional fire road, just like most big adv bikes. What I want to know is why they thought it was a good idea for it to come with knobbies? Should come with 80/20 tires.

The KTM 790 has rubber pegs too, works better for on road. Pegs are easily replaceable by riders who want to use it mostly offroad. I think this bike will be used mainly for touring, with the occasional fire road, just like most big adv bikes. What I want to know is why they thought it was a good idea for it to come with knobbies? Should come with 80/20 tires.
Because image for the knobbies.

Does anyone use the metal pegs with rubber inserts anymore? Pull the rubber in slippery situations.

Because image for the knobbies.

Does anyone use the metal pegs with rubber inserts anymore? Pull the rubber in slippery situations.
Ktms

That's exactly what the 790 comes with. For some reason most people replace the pegs anyways.

Yeah, the BMW GSes come with serrated pegs with a rubber insert as well, but the pegs are too narrow to stand on comfortably for long stretches. A lot of pressure on the arches. So I normally replace them with wider pegs.

Been meaning to try these:

Could get away with narrow pegs if you wear MX boots with a metal shank in the sole, I guess.

Wide pegs allow you to shift your weight on the bike forward or rearward by the width of the peg.

Reactions: J_F
I have both, rubber and the ones with teeth. I don't see the point of the combo rubber+teeth pegs, it takes about 10 seconds to pull the pin and swap.

Yeah, the BMW GSes come with serrated pegs with a rubber insert as well, but the pegs are too narrow to stand on comfortably for long stretches. A lot of pressure on the arches. So I normally replace them with wider pegs.
I only recently started riding off road so maybe I don't know what I'm doing, but I only stand when going over rough stuff, the other 90% of the time I'm sitting, eg no reason to stand on smooth gravel or hard packed dirt. Am I doing it wrong? Also I never stand straight up but in a sort of crouched position.

I thought the idea behind the rubber inserts in the pegs was that when you're sitting the rubber dampens vibrations, but when you stand your weight is supposed to squish the rubber so that your boot contacts the metal for better grip. But it doesn't work with my bike, the rubber is too hard so even when I stand my boot doesn't connect with the metal part of the peg. I should probably just remove the rubber I should probably just remove the rubber every time I go off road, it's just a single screw.

I only recently started riding off road so maybe I don't know what I'm doing, but I only stand when going over rough stuff, the other 90% of the time I'm sitting, eg no reason to stand on smooth gravel or hard packed dirt. Am I doing it wrong? Also I never stand straight up but in a sort of crouched position.

I thought the idea behind the rubber inserts in the pegs was that when you're sitting the rubber dampens vibrations, but when you stand your weight is supposed to squish the rubber so that your boot contacts the metal for better grip. But it doesn't work with my bike, the rubber is too hard so even when I stand my boot doesn't connect with the metal part of the peg. I should probably just remove the rubber I should probably just remove the rubber every time I go off road, it's just a single screw.
You're doing it right.
When you stand or weight the pegs you lower your weight on the bike and use your legs as suspension for your body weight (the load)
When you stand on the pegs you effectively added human intelligent suspension to your motorcycles load.

I only recently started riding off road so maybe I don't know what I'm doing, but I only stand when going over rough stuff, the other 90% of the time I'm sitting, eg no reason to stand on smooth gravel or hard packed dirt. Am I doing it wrong?

No, but sometimes the rough stuff lasts for over a hundred kms or over several days. Stretches where you are have to be up on the pegs for 90% of the time and you are thankful when you finally hit gravel or hard pack.

and plenty of us can afford one
we don't all punch a time card you know

giphy.gif

So that's the technical term for goofy big pick up truck grills? Can't agree more. Remember when p/u's were for hauling stuff......

So many mega-pickup owners wax the cargo bay and refuse to use it for fear of scratching the paint it's hilarious. I remember when pickup trucks were all bent and rusty because they were used for real work.

From the tank back it looks OK. I like the wheels. Very similar to BMW. Its not as bad looking as I was expecting. It would be nice to see with bags. I always think my R1200GS looks like crap without the bags

But that headlight looks like it was designed by a man with a ruler and an HB pencil... :)

I was thinking about replacing the GS as it has 280k on it but I don't think the Harley will be in the running.

Looks like its a little too little too late for Million $ Bogan though

Edit: Those welds look like I did them... LOL
Harley just kicked Million $ Bogan in the face. Apparently they didn't like something that he said and he has been told that his vlog is dead by HD lawyers. Not a good look for the MoCo.

No, but sometimes the rough stuff lasts for over a hundred kms or over several days. Stretches where you are have to be up on the pegs for 90% of the time and you are thankful when you finally hit gravel or hard pack.
:LOL: flatlander

Have you ever ridden over anything taller then your front axle?

Tell us how you do it,
sure hope not :)

Back
Top Bottom