First pics of 2021 Harley Davidson Pan America | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First pics of 2021 Harley Davidson Pan America

maybe you could deal in your ancient hog and cover the taxes on one
Ouch. I have a strange habit of selling bikes to cover the taxes on the next bike. It looks like a valient effort but this will not be the next bike for me.

I like it. Need to see some reviews, and one up close. Price? If it’s a $20k bike, might be something to consider.

I need a new bike next year, I’m not much for euro tech (tco and dependability). I’d ride that Harley.

Harley is not trying to capture traditional GS buyers as a primary focus, they are trying to retain Harley defections from HD to the GS.
I have no stats on this, but I suspect the number of HD riders who would trade in their cruisers for any adventure bike, much less an HD one, would be miniscule.

This bike is the result of a shotgun approach to developing new bikes and cultivating new HD brethren. HD doesn't have a clue as to what they want to be in the future, other than leveraging their V twin. Given traditional HD quality and performance I think you're going to see very very few of these sold at all, virtually none will make it to dirt roads anywhere, but there might be a few seen in a Timmies parking lot as a curiosity.

HD should send one to Ryan at Fortnine.

HD should send one to Ryan at Fortnine.
That would be the biggest risk harley has taken in a long time. It could go well or it could go very poorly. Ryan has shown that he has no interest in fanboi status so a great review is not guaranteed.

I have no stats on this, but I suspect the number of HD riders who would trade in their cruisers for any adventure bike, much less an HD one, would be miniscule.

This bike is the result of a shotgun approach to developing new bikes and cultivating new HD brethren. HD doesn't have a clue as to what they want to be in the future, other than leveraging their V twin. Given traditional HD quality and performance I think you're going to see very very few of these sold at all, virtually none will make it to dirt roads anywhere, but there might be a few seen in a Timmies parking lot as a curiosity.

I dunno. The more I look at it, the more I see design cues pulled from recent pickup trucks. The chunky lines, the dip in the surface under the top headlight mimicking the F-150 hood, the blends of textures, etc. I think they might be shooting for the jacked-up truck crowd, who like the look of off-road ability in a large vehicle. There's probably a lot of crossover into people who've ridden dirtbikes or ATV's. Whether that translates into $20k+ motorcycle buyers, I don't know.

Their new CEO is known for resurrecting Puma, and understands fashion branding, so he's got as good a chance as anyone of knowing where to take the company.

That would be the biggest risk harley has taken in a long time. It could go well or it could go very poorly. Ryan has shown that he has no interest in fanboi status so a great review is not guaranteed.
True, but if the bike is good, the review should be good too. If it’s bad, Then HD has some feedback.

maybe this is just a selfish request, I like his videos and trust his reviews.

I dunno. The more I look at it, the more I see design cues pulled from recent pickup trucks. The chunky lines, the dip in the surface under the top headlight mimicking the F-150 hood, the blends of textures, etc. I think they might be shooting for the jacked-up truck crowd, who like the look of off-road ability in a large vehicle. There's probably a lot of crossover into people who've ridden dirtbikes or ATV's. Whether that translates into $20k+ motorcycle buyers, I don't know.

Their new CEO is known for resurrecting Puma, and understands fashion branding, so he's got as good a chance as anyone of knowing where to take the company.
Maybe they are going to try to revive the ford partnership. Add 50K to your truck bill and you not only get some harley logos scattered around the truck, it comes with a pan am in the bed and ramps or a hoist to get it in and out. A nice chock in the truck amd you could just leave the bike there to show people how tough and awesome you are.

Whoever designed it was never an off roader. Rubber pegs, tank to seat relationship is all wrong for standing and gripping the bike with your knees, the rear master brake cylinder will be ripped off when I move around on the bike standing. It is not a functional design though it'll likely work fine on the street.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

... steel fuel tank positioned as if they still require gravity feed.

Interesting, does anybody know what it actually weighs at the curb yet? All I could find was N/A or rough estimates that looked more like dry weight specs. Maybe the dealer that has one in possession needs to roll it onto a weigh scale and see how much it tips the scale past the quarter ton mark. Leaving weight off their specs is the same as saying; it's so heavy we don't want to touch on that subject.

... steel fuel tank positioned as if they still require gravity feed.

Interesting, does anybody know what it actually weighs at the curb yet? All I could find was N/A or rough estimates that looked more like dry weight specs. Maybe the dealer that has one in possession needs to roll it onto a weigh scale and see how much it tips the scale past the quarter ton mark. Leaving weight off their specs is the same as saying; it's so heavy we don't want to touch on that subject.
Like leaving hp of the specs on all of their other bikes. Even the add-on packages they sell advertise how much power they expect to add but no idea on the total. It was interesting to see that they published hp for this bike as it was respectable.

Like leaving hp of the specs on all of their other bikes. Even the add-on packages they sell advertise how much power they expect to add but no idea on the total. It was interesting to see that they published hp for this bike as it was respectable.
You found a horsepower claim? all I found was wild estimates that looked extremely optimistic.

I don't hate it, but I feel like HD needed to do something beyond offer a 60 degree v-twin to differentiate themselves in this segment. I just don't see anyone not already enamoured with the brand looking at this ahead of the umpteen other soft-roader options out there, all with very similar spec sheets. The whole point of diversifying the lineup was to start finding new customers, especially under 50. I'll be very surprised if this sells better than the V-Rod.

Styling is inspired by the current eff-off-biggest-grill-possible pickup trends, and those sell like crazy, so maybe I'll be wrong...
So that's the technical term for goofy big pick up truck grills? Can't agree more. Remember when p/u's were for hauling stuff......

So that's the technical term for goofy big pick up truck grills? Can't agree more. Remember when p/u's were for hauling stuff......
Eff Off is the mildest way I could think of putting it, considering pedestrian fatalities are climbing fast due to these ridiculously overcompensating front ends.

NHTSA Isn't Doing Enough To Protect Us From Giant Trucks

(And my current ride is an F-150 due to work demands, though I was much happier in my Accord...)

Eff Off is the mildest way I could think of putting it, considering pedestrian fatalities are climbing fast due to these ridiculously overcompensating front ends.

NHTSA Isn't Doing Enough To Protect Us From Giant Trucks

(And my current ride is an F-150 due to work demands, though I was much happier in my Accord...)
When they spend so much time and money designing pedestrian friendly front ends, if a person ruins those safety features (bull bar, lift kit, etc), I have no problem with them being liable for damage to any pedestrian they hit. They made the choice to endanger others so they could feel cool, they can live with the consequences.

Back
Top Bottom