Fire pot warning | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fire pot warning

Looks like a form of assassination from a James Bond flick.
Make sure you hold the jug sideways like the fire fighter did in the video, that will increase the surface area of the alcohol and accelerate evaporation which will result in a more spectacular flame front. It's not the liquid that burns it's the vapour.

The stoichiometric air–fuel ratio of ethanol is 2/3's that of gasoline and that basically makes ethanol 30% more volatile then gasoline. Methanol is the most volatile of fuels commonly available, it requires even less air then ethanol to go boom. Plus Methanol is deadly to ingest and can make you go blind.

Meh...I've had tons of fires in my lab career. Solvent fires are fun but metal fires are wicked, a bucket of sand is your friend. Powder fires are impressive. The safety guy at one university was elected to his position as he'd had the most number of dangerous accidents in the lab, hence the most experience of dealing with them. There's logic in there somewhere.

Reactions: J_F
back when I was an apprentice....don't want to admit how long ago
the CAT company was the best resource for training material

the one old dude in most of the videos had a total of 6 fingers
even back then I was wondering if this was the proper guy to be instructing us??

Have you seen the one were the poor guy tries to jump onto a moving farm tractor :| trust me if you haven't you don't want to.

Have you seen the one were the poor guy tries to jump onto a moving farm tractor :| trust me if you haven't you don't want to.

if it's the one where the kid climbs on the back of the tractor
and gets himself would up in the PTO while Dad is driving
then yes, and it is awful

Nope, this guy tries to dismount and mount his moving plow,
slips under the tire before the plow turns him into 50% top soil.

The safety guy at one university was elected to his position as he'd had the most number of dangerous accidents in the lab, hence the most experience of dealing with them. There's logic in there somewhere.

Kinda like Till Lindermann getting his pyrotechnic certification because he got tired of burning/blowing himself up.

Nope, this guy tries to dismount and mount his moving plow,
slips under the tire before the plow turns him into 50% top soil.
I watched my uncle baling hay this way one year and spent the rest of the season helping so he didnt die. He would leave the tractor in gear and jump off, climb onto the trailer to stack hay and run back to the tractor if it started veering off course.

I watched my uncle baling hay this way one year and spent the rest of the season helping so he didnt die. He would leave the tractor in gear and jump off, climb onto the trailer to stack hay and run back to the tractor if it started veering off course.
Don't do that.

Theres a reason farming is considered one of the most dangerous occupations. Its not because its a dangerous occupation.....

disclaimer, raised on a farm.... have all my fingers and toes , because I left.

Theres a reason farming is considered one of the most dangerous occupations. Its not because its a dangerous occupation.....

disclaimer, raised on a farm.... have all my fingers and toes , because I left.

The typical farmer has to be a biologist, botanist, veterinarian, mechanic, weatherman, economist, accountant and a few more. Adding safety analyst to the job isn't as easy as it sounds.

Back
Top Bottom