Finnish firm, RMK, debuts electric motorcycle with hubless rear wheel | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finnish firm, RMK, debuts electric motorcycle with hubless rear wheel

It's a clean V-Star with a different (lower hp) motor. I'm not the first one to do it. Seems like guys in the UK have the most difficulty registering conversions.
Mto wont care but how do you get insurance? Just dont tell them and argue after the fact that it was lower hp?

Mto wont care but how do you get insurance? Just dont tell them and argue after the fact that it was lower hp?

Initially I was going to omit the truth but I may tell them. They asked if my sportster had mods, I told them that my sportster had very little stock because it had allot of damage when I bought it and I'd repaired it with aftermarket parts. They asked me what the replacement value would be, I came up with a number on the spot and that was the end of it. Lot's of insured bikes out there with modifications.

Humping 30 lb batteries out of a rack from neck height improves things?

I'd rather have charging racks at convenient locations (like Bixby racks) where people without easy access to power (eg apartment dwellers) can charge at work or near a subway stop.
Do you even lift bro.... 😆 to be fair tho, if that petite girl can do it most guys shouldn't have an issue.

Humping 30 lb batteries out of a rack from neck height improves things?

I'd rather have charging racks at convenient locations (like Bixby racks) where people without easy access to power (eg apartment dwellers) can charge at work or near a subway stop.
Sure there is room for improvement. But as @DownUnder stated, if a petite girl can do it most people should be able to.

Not only that, there’s better ways to do it…but this is a starting point. If range is an issue I’d prefer to swap a battery than sit for 20-30min waiting for a charge (assuming no one is using the charger).

He’ll pay someone to sit there and swap them out, or set up manned kiosks that people ensure there are charged batteries.

Sure there is room for improvement. But as @DownUnder stated, if a petite girl can do it most people should be able to.

Not only that, there’s better ways to do it…but this is a starting point. If range is an issue I’d prefer to swap a battery than sit for 20-30min waiting for a charge (assuming no one is using the charger).

He’ll pay someone to sit there and swap them out, or set up manned kiosks that people ensure there are charged batteries.
For short range vehicles, I still like the idea of supercaps. I'm not sure if they will be viable though. Basically connect to the charger, send a lighting bolt into the cap and ride away. Charging time of seconds. It would take longer to authorize payment and complete the required safety checks prior to releasing the lighting bolt. Put a big cap in the charging station so the grid sees a relatively constant load. Not as practical for big long range EV's due to cost, energy density and size of the required lighting bolt.

For short range vehicles, I still like the idea of supercaps. I'm not sure if they will be viable though. Basically connect to the charger, send a lighting bolt into the cap and ride away. Charging time of seconds. It would take longer to authorize payment and complete the required safety checks prior to releasing the lighting bolt. Put a big cap in the charging station so the grid sees a relatively constant load.
Never heard of supercaps…will look into it.

Never heard of supercaps…will look into it.
Here are the specs for one. Energy density (kg/kWh) is an order of magnitude worse than Lithium batteries at this point. For this cap, you could charge safely at 20 A which is about four seconds. You can charge at double that rate if you want. Lifetime >50,000 cycles.

fetch

Thanks for that @GreyGhost. I was cleaning out my stuff at my parents house yesterday and saw an OLD Electronic Eng text books. Glad I didn’t throw it out.

Electric systems and software programming were my weakest courses in university. Barely passed either.

30lb. Ya, sure. Where is this made again?
I bought my wife an electric wheelchair that was advertised at 55lb. The bathroom scale must be out a bit. 85lb! Same thing. The video shows a skinny model popping it in and out of a tiny
suv.
They lie!

30lb. Ya, sure. Where is this made again?
I bought my wife an electric wheelchair that was advertised at 55lb. The bathroom scale must be out a bit. 85lb! Same thing. The video shows a skinny model popping it in and out of a tiny
suv.
They lie!
Empty battery cases make for good promotional videos.

The batteries are identified as weighing 9kg as per the mfg.

Its a company out of Taiwan…Gogoro.

Back
Top Bottom