Finding Washrooms when riding (covid) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finding Washrooms when riding (covid)

Chaos

How's everyone fairing finding public toilets when riding? I'm finding a lot of places (e.g. gas stations) are closing their washrooms (understandably).

In a pinch I give back to nature, but it's not preferable or possible.

Last edited:
If my wife is with me I ride 2 hours out, 2 hours back. If alone, well you know ;)

I've been calling places in the spots hubby and/or I would normally stop...some are open, some not...as a woman, it's not that easy to just squat somewhere, so public restrooms are pretty important...I say we start a thread with location and establishment names...

P.S....I also just bought a Shewee....SHHHHHH...don't tell anyone....LOL

i left Wednesday and rode up to wawa taking the 129hwy to 101 and back 17 to 69, all the tims and gas station i dropped in had washrooms open and clean

Find large building - drive around back - Release the Snake.

Preferably the same building that has closed their washrooms "because Covid".

If they're happy to take your money for others stuff they should be happy to provide a bathroom.

Anyhow, personally....the side of the road just about anywhere works for me. I'm not particularly modest. No, I'm not going to stand on the side of the 401 facing traffic and take a squirt, but on the side of a secondary road somewhere...heck, whatever...

We rode up through Parry Sound to Haliburton area yesterday. You take your chances at Timmies/ gas stations. No consistent practices , even with big chains, that you can count on . We did notice and even stop at one of the Canals parking area where they have the liftlock. They at least have clean porta potties.

We rode up through Parry Sound to Haliburton area yesterday. You take your chances at Timmies/ gas stations. No consistent practices , even with big chains, that you can count on . We did notice and even stop at one of the Canals parking area where they have the liftlock. They at least have clean porta potties.

Inconsistency is the problem. I figure if a restaurant is open for walk-in & take-out they should be able to accommodate the use of the washroom. Sorry for the graphics but if you have to take a public dump carry a newspaper in a plastic bag. Dump on the paper, fold it up, put it in the bag and then a garbage can. Or do what you'd do for a dog. For a walk in the woods, take a garden trowel and be a cat, bury it.

Should you come across someone relieving them selves remember it isn't a spectator event.

i left Wednesday and rode up to wawa taking the 129hwy to 101 and back 17 to 69, all the tims and gas station i dropped in had washrooms open and clean

truthfully, i am surprised you were able to find that many open, but that's good to hear.

#1 is easy....#2 not so much. I've added toilet paper in the car...just in case. But I can see something like this being a last resort...

Looks like you can fit it on a bike when it's folded all up. But if you're travelling with a partner may be more difficult.

You could just not eat/drink during the ride then you won't have to use the bathroom as much.

I learned on the weekend that ONroutes are mostly open.

No indoor seating (not a big surprise, but something to think about if you're trying to eat and it's raining), and don't expect anything other than Tim's for food, but it's something.

How about the borders heading east, are they open yet?

Closed washrooms should be considered a human rights violation. It is simply impossible to do without unless one doesn't care where they unload. F@#K Covid19 and open the washrooms.
I'll get off my soap box now (and maybe pee behind it?).

Orangeville Tim Horton is open but no public washroom (two Saturdays ago). Take your business elsewhere.

Orangeville Tim Hortons was open but no public washroom (two Saturdays. Take your business elsewhere. Check Starbucks, Second Cup , Subway, etc.

Over last month i have used either ONroute or Walmart's in the area if riding on weekday's, else the line up is crazy!

Back
Top Bottom