Finding Washrooms when riding (covid) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finding Washrooms when riding (covid)

Small non chain gas stations have been reliable to being open when riding through the sticks

I've been calling places in the spots hubby and/or I would normally stop...some are open, some not...as a woman, it's not that easy to just squat somewhere, so public restrooms are pretty important...I say we start a thread with location and establishment names...

P.S....I also just bought a Shewee....SHHHHHH...don't tell anyone....LOL
Ah, a Shewee.
Also see: Venis

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Preferably the same building that has closed their washrooms "because Covid".

If they're happy to take your money for others stuff they should be happy to provide a bathroom.

So much this.

Not riding, but stopped at Pizza Pizza to grab a slice for me and my boy.
Told him we have to wash our hands first (and pee).
Nope.
Washroom is closed.
Ok, then, we'll eat somewhere else.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Just did a day up north in muskoka. Generally, chain gas station toilets were mostly open, Independents were inconsistent, public toilets were all closed.

Washroom is closed.
Ok, then, we'll eat somewhere else.

Works great at smaller places like Subway where there's a decent chance the owner/manager is actually working and watching dollars walk out the door because of their decision to close the bathrooms.

At places like Tim Hortons or whatnot where the kids running the place couldn't care less if the owner succeeds or fails, it unfortunately won't make one bit of difference as they don't care you're leaving. To the contrary, they just see it as one less thing they need to clean (IE, less work), and you walking out the door is also less work for them again.

Just did a day up north in muskoka. Generally, chain gas station toilets were mostly open, Independents were inconsistent, public toilets were all closed.

Another day up north today, including Huntsville and Bobcaygeon areas.

Same as yesterday.

However, I did see more patios open (more people up north today) so I have to believe their washrooms are open as well.

One more thing: I stopped at a Tim's just outside of Bracebridge, and their washrooms were open. That was encouraging, but I still would not bet on it.

Last edited:
This is exactly why I haven't been riding much. Very concerned of lack of open public washrooms available.

Sometimes guys just have it alot easier out there riding.

I guess I will stick with my 1 hour short rides for now and keep checking back on this thread.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

However, I did see more patios open (more people up north today) so I have to believe their washrooms are open as well.

Still very hit or miss. My wife and I just got back from a few days at a resort up in the Algonquin area...rode to and from and rode every day we were there. Was glorious to finally have a meal at a restaurant again (Kudos Ash Grove Inn in Barry's Bay) and they had bathrooms at most places, but not all. Some have their inside bathrooms closed and nothing available, and others have porta potties outside - Trading Bay in Dorset for example was doing takeout style food but their patio was open for first come first served seating, but inside completely closed - portapotti available however.

This is exactly why I haven't been riding much. Very concerned of lack of open public washrooms available.

Sometimes guys just have it alot easier out there riding.

I will say the only reason why I took the chance to go up north is that the nature option was always there. If that were not an option, then I would probably not have gone either.

Need more places to PEEE

I think I'm 99.99% desensitized to peeing in a random forest now

Our daughter has been doing a lot of field work lately. Pellee,Pinery etc. Yup, poison ivy right on the butt again. Second year in a row. That stuff loves to grow in ditches

As others have mentioned here, I haven't had any issues with gas stations. Every one I've been to has a washroom which has been open.

Around the GTA though it looks like construction has been ramped up. Outside of the GTA lots of new subdivisions and stuff too! You'll almost always find some outhouses there as well as sanitary stations.

In fact, they are all over the side of the 400 right now north and southbound.

Outhouse may sound bad, but honestly most have hand sanitizer at least. Can't say the same for Tim Hortons!

Back
Top Bottom