Find a soft wall to bang your head against | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Find a soft wall to bang your head against

Where do you get this stuff?

I think you're just trolling the forum -- you don't seem to have any insight into insurance.

lots of insight for people that want to listen which clearly they don't and that's fine.
I also have a 2019 Jaguar F Pace if your disputing my point about Jaguar .

Find the lowest rates anywhere... Instantly! does not include motorcycles. Try again.
How did I personally insult you ? Please enlighten me.
I've learned that a public, transparent inquiry that the previous Liberal provincial government promised (for 15 years), and the current Conservative government has promised hasn't happened. Put it all out in the open - seems simple ? Maybe you're right - but the way things are now we'll never know.
You ARE defending the industry. Mad Mike and I both have done research with the public information that is available but when those facts are presented to you, you dismiss them.
An 18% increase in premiums over the last 2 years is nothing to be ignored and should be publicly justified.
I don't live in B.C. or Nova Scotia, I live in Ontario.
At the risk of repeating myself - what are you so afraid of ? Let the truth come out - if this is the way it is so be it, but the way things are now we'll never know...

I'm not afraid of anything ,do all the inquiries you want they have been beaten to death.
Insurance companies are charging based on claims payouts period.
Since about 2004 we have been in a soft market with rates declining ( you don't like to hear that but google it )
Now since early 2019 we are in a hard market due to losses and rates are increasing.
That is all , no secret conspiracy. Money in money out , PERIOD

1) so insurance companies are paying actuaries to sit and do nothing ? your jaguar story is BS. my mclaren is cheaper to insure than my RAM, one is driven year round in the worst conditions and one isn’t and is owned by people who generally have multiple cars.
no one is surcharging Jaguars , they aren’t considered that high end. honda civics are high surcharge due to theft and users

2) yes correct most motorcycle deaths are people 40 plus, death isn’t expensive, injuries are . And most injuries are younger riders , especially catastrophic injuries . Younger riders are surcharged for years of being licensed not age. My 37 year old friend just got quoted 9000 for a S1000rr as he just got his licence . It’s not age it’s experience and most of those 40 year old plus riders have years of being licenced, they don’t have actual riding experince but they do have years of being licensed. Unfortunate there isn’t a way to insure based on riding skill which I wish there was

3) what does it matter what the increase is if they aren’t making money?

AGAIN I ENCOURAGE YOU TO TAKE A BIG DEDUCTIBLE OR SELF INSURE WHERE YOU CAN IF YOU FEEL THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH BUT JUST LIKE TK4 YOU WONT BECAUSE YOU REALIZE ITS NOT WORTH IT FOR YOU TO TAKE ON THAT RISK .
PUT UP OR SHHHHHHHHH
I would love a big deductible to mainly self-insure, but when I checked, increasing the deductible doesnt dramatically affect rates (10 times the deductible was ~10% lower rate). One incident in 45 years would ~eliminate the savings.

both your posts are in regards to the same report , which we discussed pages ago. It’s a BS report that was ordered by trial lawyers in Ontario who are the ones driving up the claims payouts. You won’t find another report corroborating this one so dont get so excited , this report has been debunked here :

OTLA falsely claims insurers are making excessive profits,” Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) spokesperson Steve Kee told Canadian Underwriter Tuesday. “Let me be clear – this is not true. GISA, the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO), and the government’s independent auto insurance expert David Marshall have all reviewed insurer operations and agree that profits are not significant.”

I would love a big deductible to mainly self-insure, but when I checked, increasing the deductible doesnt dramatically affect rates (10 times the deductible was ~10% lower rate). One incident in 45 years would ~eliminate the savings.

Exactly. It’s because most claims are way over any significant deductible so the insurer ends up paying out anyway. also if you don’t pay your deductible the insurer is still on the hook for the claim from dollar one so they have to consider that.
i mention taking a higher deductible to people not just for some savings but to show that if you think the profits on insurance are huge and you are getting ripped off then take on more risk to show you aren’t worried about being involved in claims. If you aren’t leasing or financing you can take physical damage cover off too

Toronto must be the Mos Eisley of Earth, along with having the worst drivers.

nahh
but anyway that came out wrong
and wasn't directed to just you

if you still have the F3800RC
I'd like to hear about that

but this ain't the right thread for that

thanks, loved it , awesome bike, sold it though

Reactions: J_F
"Wilkinson is calling for “a more straightforward way” that data on insurers’ Ontario auto profits could be communicated to the “person on the street,” so that the industry, personal injury lawyers and the general public could talk “apples to apples.”

Wouldn't a provincial inquiry do just that ?

"Wilkinson is calling for “a more straightforward way” that data on insurers’ Ontario auto profits could be communicated to the “person on the street,” so that the industry, personal injury lawyers and the general public could talk “apples to apples.”

Wouldn't a provincial inquiry do just that ?

it’s already been done and reviewed read the article, multiple groups including the government’s independent auto insurance expert David Marshall,GISA, FSCO and AM best have done a review

Last edited:
it’s already been done and reviewed read the article, multiple groups including the government’s independent auto insurance expert David Marshall,GISA, FSCO and AM best have done a review
Then do it again, in a public forum - the message isn't getting out.

Back
Top Bottom