F1 Thread!!! | Page 86 | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

Think he meant the thieves

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

They don't want a RM. At a conservative 10% of retail on the black market they want the 30,000 Euros it would fetch.

The Hamilton transfer is great for him and Ferrari commercially but makes little sense from a sporting perspective.
Hamilton will help focus the team and may attract some key staff from Mercedes but at 40 then, may struggle to match Leclerc on qualifying pace which is key to winning in F1.

It can also be perceived as a slight to Leclerc who has been the chosen one to lead Ferrari to a World Championship and to the team management but it is difficult to not sign Hamilton as a 7 times WDC when he is finally available.

Regardless, it is blockbuster

Last edited:
Downside: the agonizing questions we're going to have to hear every race 2024

Any race where Ferrari performs slightly better or worse than expected: Lewis, how do you feel about how your future teammates at Ferrari did at this race?

Any race where Lewis doesn't win: Lewis, are you worried about this having a negative impact on your relationship with your future Ferrari teammates?

Any race where Carlos Sainz wins: Carlos, Lewis Hamilton Lewis Hamilton Lewis Hamilton. Lewis Hamilton, Lewis Hamilton Lewis Hamilton Lewis Hamilton?

They don't want a RM. At a conservative 10% of retail on the black market they want the 30,000 Euros it would fetch.
I guess. Does a distinct watch like an RM get 10%? What are you going to do with it? Wear it often and you will get caught. Tell too many people about it and you will get caught. Part out and you probably get caught (and have an incredibly small buyer pool). Keep it in the safe and feel pride in your stolen watch? Is that worth 10%? What's a fake RM worth?

Given the low number of RM watches floating around , the serial # being well known in watch circles, hard to sell to anyone that wouldn’t have to hide it , or lives in a desert state .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I guess. Does a distinct watch like an RM get 10%? What are you going to do with it? Wear it often and you will get caught. Tell too many people about it and you will get caught. Part out and you probably get caught (and have an incredibly small buyer pool). Keep it in the safe and feel pride in your stolen watch? Is that worth 10%? What's a fake RM worth?

I could see a number of different people going for clout on a budget buying a stolen luxury watch. B-tier rappers. New money people embellishing. Who's going to question them?

man, gonna be a wretched season.

the horner thing, problems at the top level of managment, RB dominance (clearly the other teams have made little progress from last season).

but at least we have the infamous Brundle grid walk!

Something I thought was a little funny about the Bahrain GP - Verstappen had almost NO screen time at all. Even Verstappen himself seemed mentally checked out on the radio and on the podium after he won. Otherwise I don't think it was very informative about how the season is going to go. Typical shakedown race where half the grid has bugs to work out.

This isn't a huge shock but Crofty admitted on air that he hates the turbo hybrids and that they're the worst thing to happen to F1. I agree!

Netflix has a done a good job bringing the mid grid into awareness and sort of avoiding the Verstappen juggernaut. ( why ever is his father in the brouhaha anyways? ) :unsure:

I watched a couple of older F1 docus and it is heartbreaking to see some of the famous brands like McClaren unable to compete these days tho astonishing that a flavoured water vendor can so dominate the likes of Ferrari and Mercedes.

Then there is this..

Something I thought was a little funny about the Bahrain GP - Verstappen had almost NO screen time at all. Even Verstappen himself seemed mentally checked out on the radio and on the podium after he won. Otherwise I don't think it was very informative about how the season is going to go. Typical shakedown race where half the grid has bugs to work out.

This isn't a huge shock but Crofty admitted on air that he hates the turbo hybrids and that they're the worst thing to happen to F1. I agree!
Absolutely checked out.. engines turned all the way down and still STOMPING on the competition.
Akin to having 19,000rpm but only "racing" with 15,000rpm on a bike.. "kinda wanna go full quali-mode @the rest of the grid, gimme some reason for the team to allow me to go all out"

Then there is this..
600kW charge for 30 seconds. Interesting. Supplying power to that race would be complicated with such large loads flipping on and off (unless they use a battery or capacitor bank to smooth the load).

Verstappen to MB '25. That will melt the brains of the LH44 cult.

In spite of having the best car(s) and arguably the best driver Red Bull is self-destructing. In-fighting among themselves.. they are on their last two years with Honda power, switching to Ford and all this when their various principles seem to hate each other.

:unsure:

In spite of having the best car(s) and arguably the best driver Red Bull is self-destructing. In-fighting among themselves.. they are on their last two years with Honda power, switching to Ford and all this when their various principles seem to hate each other.

:unsure:

Ford branding, as in name-on-car-for-money. Red Bull Powertrains had their in house designed (with HRC's help) single cylinder proof of concept '06 regs. motor up and running on the dyno last year.

Verstappen to MB '25. That will melt the brains of the LH44 cult.

stroll is shrewd, I wouldnt be surprised if he lures, one or all of the trifecta (VER/HOR/NEW) to AM in 2026

Trifecta knows Honda and AM well after all these years together. Why not a reunion in 26.

everyone knows redbull/ford is done in 26

one or all of the trifecta (VER/HOR/NEW) to AM in 2026

I'd be willing to bet you won't find either of the VER's addresses cc'd on the File 76 email list.

Jos was the prime leak suspect and is avoiding the circus this weekend. I don't see him (through his son) being anywhere with Horner in 26.

jos-verstappen-with-toto-wolff.jpg

Austrailia, enjoyable and refreshing race. Nice to see Sainz win, especially with nowhere to go next year. :unsure:
Interesting comments from Hamilton and his good buddy Russell when Perez blew by them... "That car is fast!!"

Back
Top Bottom