Experiences with uShip? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Experiences with uShip?

Astoria

Hi Everyone,

Looking to purchase my first bike (used from a dealership) - the problem is that it is in North Bay lol.

Trying to figure out how I can have it shipped to Toronto. I've reached out to @infernobuster at the Toy Hauler but it is out of my budget unfortunately. I've posted on uShip and was just wondering if anyone has had any good experiences.

Thanks!!

Never used uship, sorry!

Couple of options I can suggest:

- ride it down if you're confident. The weather is a bit sketchy these days but I think North Bay isn't too far. If you're not too confident riding long distance, ask someone who is. Since you're getting it from the dealership, I'm guessing they will get it plated and roadworthy provided you get the insurance.
-rent a motorcycle trailer from Uhaul and tow it. I think they provide front choke, tie-downs and even ramps (not 100% sure)

Never used uship, sorry!

- ride it down if you're confident. The weather is a bit sketchy these days but I think North Bay isn't too far. If you're not too confident riding long distance, ask someone who is. Since you're getting it from the dealership, I'm guessing they will get it plated and roadworthy provided you get the insurance.
-rent a motorcycle trailer from Uhaul and tow it. I think they provide front choke, tie-downs and even ramps (not 100% sure)
Yes you can get a motorcycle trailer at U-Haul, with front wheel chock and ramp/rear gate....but not all locations have them. The one on Queensway in Etobicoke did last December. Or maybe rent a cube van, they have a ramp.

Never used uship, sorry!

I should've mentioned that I'm trying to avoid getting it plated so I can get away without paying for insurance while storing it over the winter.

I will definitely look into renting a trailer from U-Haul. Thanks for the suggestion

Yes you can get a motorcycle trailer at U-Haul, with front wheel chock and ramp/rear gate....but not all locations have them. The one on Queensway in Etobicoke did last December. Or maybe rent a cube van, they have a ramp.
A cube van is a long way up and no great way to restrain a bike once it's inside. I would go with the motorcycle trailer, ride it or pay for delivery. Delivery from north bay is going to be expensive unless you can catch someone driving by with space. I have no idea what uship prices look like, but even if I was driving past, I wouldn't be picking up a bike, tying it down, delivering it and assuming responsibility for that that whole process for less than hundreds.

I should've mentioned that I'm trying to avoid getting it plated so I can get away without paying for insurance while storing it over the winter.

I will definitely look into renting a trailer from U-Haul. Thanks for the suggestion
Insurance over the winter is almost free. If something happens to the bike on the journey home and it is uninsured, you could be in for a world of hurt.

Check out @Akshun 's recent crappy situation.

Have used USHIP many times...never had a problem. Download the app. Upload a pic and details of what you want shipped and where...let the bids come in. They will get substantially cheaper in the final hours of your auction, so wait it out. That's all these guys do and they're pros. The rating system keeps them wanting to please...and they do.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Ask the dealer to keep in the their store for you over winter? I did that with my first bike. Just asked them at time of sale if I can keep it there as it was November. Picked it up late March.

Other best option is to just rent a trailer from UHAUL or a friend. Road trip!

Back
Top Bottom