Experience with waterproofing company in the GTA? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Experience with waterproofing company in the GTA?

SLaP

Site Supporter
I am looking to get some quotes for exterior waterproofing of a house foundation (brick).
Anyone have a good personal experience with a waterproofing company that services the GTA?

We're having ours done now. @#$@#%$! previous owner messed up the job 20 years ago when he had it done.

We did ours in sections. The first section was done by Drainwworks. They were very neat and professional but expensive.
Regardless of the price we would have used them again for phase 2 except they wouldn't even talk to us to give us a pricing update. They would only do a chargeable quote of a couple hundred dollars. This is after us giving them rave reviews to other potential clients. All we wanted to know was if the rate was about the same.
Phase 2 was done by Denver Drain. They were substancially less expensive and easy to work with. While they weren't as prima donna-ish the work was done well and we haven't had any problems with either section and it's been 5+ years since the last work was done.
The owner of Denver Drain rides IIRC but I think it's a HD soil compacter lol
I would go with Denver Drain if doing more work.

FWIW It costs $$$ but it is so nice to be able to sleep through a rainstorm without worrying about the rec room carpet.

PM if you want more info

I had mine done by Bowen Foundation Repair http://www.bfr.ca/. They are probably pricier than most, but do a great job.
My place was actually reno'd by Mike Holmes for his TV show, Holmes Inspections, last year. It was them who contracted Bowen.
Apparently the Holmes people only use the best, obviously to protect their rep...
If you havent been living their long, I'd suggest emailing the show...that's all I did. They were having a hard time finding 'good candidates'.
Deal of a lifetime!

Thanks for the info nobbie48 and Weddica! I will give those companies a call for quotes.
Would either of you have pictures from the jobs done?

Weddica.. That's awesome. I am checking out the Mike Holmes site now... Which episode was that?

I am looking to get some quotes for exterior waterproofing of a house foundation (brick).
Anyone have a good personal experience with a waterproofing company that services the GTA?

I used Watertite (www.watertite.ca) and they did good work. They are not cheap. Their approach was to excavate around the foundation, repair any cracks, parge the walls with hydraulic cement, coat the walls with a rubber compound, and then apply a plastic barrier. At the bottom of the trench, they put in gravel and a drain tube (slotted nylon covered with a porous sleeve). Then, they filled in the trench and the job was done. Around the windows, they put in gravel and steel barriers.

They were fast and we have had no water in the basement in the three years since they completed the job.

Who are you using?

Kingsway Waterproofing & Drain

Marcus Strachan 647-923-2381

Weather has been not so good for this. Back is dug up now. You should have seen the roots they pulled out of the "weepers".

Ours was done 20 years ago by the original owner and I think he did it on the cheap.

Last edited:
Thanks all, have a few appointments set up for Thurday.

Weddica you scored a deal of a lifetime for sure! Your place looks great!

Back
Top Bottom