Evo's New Ride | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Evo's New Ride

packages your forced to buy? what do you mean?

Whats the difference between the base model and the one you bought?

packages your forced to buy? what do you mean?

Whats the difference between the base model and the one you bought?
There are very few stand alone upgrades.

Essentially;
  • Forged wheels (from the RR)
  • LED Aux lights
  • Adaptive Headlights
  • TPMS
  • Alarm
  • Paint Colour
everything else comes as a package, you cannot a la carte much.

Want up/down quickshifter? Dynamic pkg.
Want heated grips? Touring pkg.
Want LED DRL? Headlight Pro Pkg.

Here is a copy of the base model price, addons and what the MSRP on them is, i paid less. Only options i skipped was Carbon Pkg and Forged wheels.

20200718_212529[1952].jpg

Difference on mine over base model is above options and breakdown below;

• Touring Pkg
    • Upgraded frame for top box and OEM bags
    • 3 Stage heated grips
    • Mount for BMW standalone Navigation unit
    • Hand guards
    • Centre stand
    • Cruise Control? Might be in Dynamic.
  • Dynamic Pkg
    • Pro version of Electronic Suspension
    • Up/Down quickshifter
    • Keyless ignition
  • Headlight Pro Pkg
    • LED DRL and i believe upgraded LED headlights

Last edited:
congrats! I thought you said bmw's dont have character!
So i revisited your remark this evening.

Today I was riding for over 8 hours and did everything from twisties to highway cruising. It very much just gets on with taking care of business but i don't feel any 'uniqueness' about it.

The TPSMS thing is the one that leaves me cold, 300 bucks to tell you your tire pressure is low for a year or two, then the tiny battery in one valve stem goes dead and the warning light stays on for the rest of eternity :|
How much extra would you need to pay for them to put a tiny off switch on the dashboard warning light?

What always kills me is manufacturer's that up charge for certain paint colors on cars and bikes.

The one that made me shake my head the most was a few years back when Audi decided that if you wanted your RS7 in the matte grey paint it was like a $13,000 option.

The TPSMS thing is the one that leaves me cold, 300 bucks to tell you your tire pressure is low for a year or two, then the tiny battery in one valve stem goes dead and the warning light stays on for the rest of eternity :|
How much extra would you need to pay for them to put a tiny off switch on the dashboard warning light?

Tpms sensors last many years and are easily replaced, and the system can give early warning of a slow leak. I like having a screen on the instrument cluster that displays the current tire pressures.

VW had a special paint program going for the Golf R and e-Golf, 3k option and about 30 colours from beige to pink to green. Some are truly beautiful, some are awful, some are just old classic VW shades that were free 20 years ago lol.

Last edited:
Fair assessment. I'm guessing because it's so integrated with the systems in the bike, then the mark up.

One guy with the RR commented that he was out riding a few weeks back and suddenly the dash lit up flashing red TPMS at him, He pulled over, and checked out the report, he was down to 9 PSI on the front tire, caught a screw. No clue how or when it actually decides to activate and alert, but i'm a firm believer in not putting a price on peace of mind.

Some paint colours are actually more expensive (red, for example). Sometimes you are paying for a more expensive process, an extra step, etc. And sometimes it's because Audi.
Surprise! I'm almost certain BMW charges for both available colours! I guess you could it order it unpainted then technically?

The SW Motech Aero side cases would look good on this bike. The racks they come with are quick release, so they don't ruin the look of the bike when the cases aren't mounted.

The TPMS sensors for my Garmin GPS were around $200. Zero regrets once I got past the initial purchase price.

$300 for something that's built in and integrated into the bike electronics isn't terrible.

Back
Top Bottom