Ever find your old motorcycle for sale again? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ever find your old motorcycle for sale again?

Lightcycle

Rounder of bolts, Dropper of tools
Site Supporter
Was perusing Kijiji and I ran across a bike that looked familiar. I zoomed into all the pictures and recognized all the mods I did to this bike. I sold it almost a decade ago, and in that time the last two owners only put on 1500 kms!

It looks like it is in pretty rough shape for not having been ridden at all though. Looks like it was stored outside and never washed.

Also asking about $500 more than what I sold it for... 10 years ago!

COVID pricing... :rolleyes:

So weird though. Most of the bikes I've sold (given away) to people I've known. This one went to a total stranger. I always wondered what became of that bike.

Was perusing Kijiji and I ran across a bike that looked familiar. I zoomed into all the pictures and recognized all the mods I did to this bike. I sold it almost a decade ago, and in that time the last two owners only put on 1500 kms!

It looks like it is in pretty rough shape for not having been ridden at all though. Looks like it was stored outside and never washed.

Also asking about $500 more than what I sold it for... 10 years ago!

COVID pricing... :rolleyes:

So weird though. Most of the bikes I've sold (given away) to people I've known. This one went to a total stranger. I always wondered what became of that bike.
which bike was it?

I've never seen, but I do look every once in a while for them.

Yup. I painted the round horn on my last KZ650 to look like a blood shot eyeball. There it was staring back at me from the ad.

My CBR250 that I put 27,000km on is sitting in my cousin’s shed. So I take it out for a boot once in a while.

My dream is to find a long lost bike that my grandma sold in Poland after grandpa died. It’s a lost bike as each time I travel I look for it. Would love to bring it here and refresh it.

I'd never buy a bike I sold, mainly because I tend to put mega mileage on them. I have absolutely no emotional attachment to any of my old bikes.

If I really wanted to buy the same model, I'd always opt for a much lower mileage example. So many people just buy a bike and leave it in the garage and then sell them years later with less than 1000 kms on the odo. Those are the kinds of bikes to look for. I can have the exact same love affair I used to have with the same model but with less mileage on her.

Are we still talking about motorcycles here?

So like trading a 40 year old for 2 20 year old models? Same thing right?

Hey, if the 40-year old still looks good but has less miles on her, then I wouldn't say no.

Also, there are lots of 20-year old models that don't look as good as the 40-year old ones.

Still, talking about bikes here - I guess I've reached the age where the newer models these days just don't move me as much as the ones from when I first started riding. Seems like the manufacturers are catering to a much different kind of rider than I am.

I find myself wishing I had bought those old bikes when they first came out. Because the used ones I see on Kijiji are either not as well-maintained or just irreversibly farkled up too wrong for my taste.

And there's nothing like knowing the complete history of the bike from new, or buying the bike from someone that you know that maintains them as well as you do (or more). My co-worker bought Neda's super-high mileage F650GS purely based on how well we take care of our other bikes. I probably wouldn't have been able to sell it to anyone else who didn't know us as well.

I guess I've reached the age where the newer models these days just don't move me as much as the ones from when I first started riding. I find myself wishing I had bought those old bikes when they first came out. Because the used ones I see on Kijiji are either not as well-maintained or just irreversibly farkled up too wrong for my taste.
could this be because you no longer do as many test rides? or nah?

I sold my duc trackbike (the Muffin) to a guy in Quebec and thought i would never see it again. And then thru my work in Guelph, it reappeared in the hands of a lead hand at a linamar plant in Guelph. Sadly, it sits in a pile of parts now needing a top end job.
Traded my Wing and the new owner found me via fb. He complained about the condition it was in and hasn't contacted me since i told him he could remedy all the issues by dropping $38,000 on a new one.

I've seen 5 of my previous bikes up for sale in varying states of wellness. Most were still in good shape, but my K100RS which I rode for 18 years was off the road and neglected. I noticed it through an open garage door while riding around on a back road near home.

I thought about rescuing it, but in the end I had to admit that I sold it because I was tired of it.

I just can't bring myself to accumulate bikes I don't ride or won't ride enough. It feels wasteful.

Like Lightcycle, I don't really see many new models that move me enough to want one aside from off road or dual sport bikes, but I'd rather buy a used one for substantially less than new.

I traded in my Versys X 300 to a dealer in April this year, and then found it for sale on Facebook in October and bought it back. Someone bought it from the dealer a week or two after I traded it in, did around 500kms over the summer, and decided riding wasn't for him.

Should never have sold it in the first place so I was happy.

I traded in my Versys X 300 to a dealer in April this year, and then found it for sale on Facebook in October and bought it back. Someone bought it from the dealer a week or two after I traded it in, did around 500kms over the summer, and decided riding wasn't for him.

Should never have sold it in the first place so I was happy.
That was a quick lap. How did it work out financially?

Back
Top Bottom