Ever been denied service at Tim's drive thru while on your bike?

theshnizzle

Well-known member
Site Supporter
I just had this happen for the first time in years of going through the drive thru. She said it's company policy and she is just doing her job.

I replied this is the first time this has happened. Never been denied at a McDees drive thru. I only go to fast food places for late night coffee. So the drive thru is almost always empty.

Has this happened to others riding their bike through the drive through?
 
Never tried a motorcycle at a drive through but i was denied service at a Tim Horton's drive through when i was on my bicycle. 6? years ago.
They quoted the motorized vehicle nonsense.
 
Never tried a motorcycle at a drive through but i was denied service at a Tim Horton's drive through when i was on my bicycle. 6? years ago.
They quoted the motorized vehicle nonsense.
Meanwhile, former acquaintances worked at taco bell. If someone came in hammered, they were instructed to tell them to leave the restaurant but the drive through was open. Insane corporate policy. Not sure if it is still in force.
 
I try to avoid restaurants with drive thru because they tend to discriminate for walk-in/eat-in customers.
 
I try to avoid restaurants with drive thru because they tend to discriminate for walk-in/eat-in customers.

It's apparent Tim's holds the drive-thru as top priority. That's what they keep track of.
Walk-ins can STFU and wait.

That said... Tim's is slowly screwing themselves out of market share... I really think people are getting fed up enough with the decline in product quality and service that they're either going somewhere else or going without.
Anecdotally I can relate a story about my former workplace where the frequent "coffee runs" to the nearby Tim's, over the course of the last couple of years switched to almost exclusively "coffee runs" the nearby McDonalds.
 
The thought would’ve never crossed my mind to take a motorcycle through the drive thru…

Screw them. Don’t give them your money and I’d be ****** enough to send a letter / email to corporate.

Discrimination against 2 wheels is real. And people need to live with such consequence!

/s (in case anyone thought my last sentences were serious)
 
Before Drive-thru there was Drive-in
A more civilized time.
Even stopped by with a motorcycle.

A7W.jpg
 
Was just pointed out to me that there's a vape shop nearby that has a sign on the door saying unaccompanied females aren't allowed.
Is that retail discrimination?
 
Last edited:
Was just pointed out to me that there's a vape shop nearby that has a sign on the door saying unaccompanied females aren't allowed.
Is that retail discrimination?
Some stores employ (or are owned by) people with court orders not to be alone with females. That sign is to attempt to (or pretend to) comply with the order while remaining solvent.
 
Once upon a time used to regularly take either a forklift of skidsteer through a Timmy's drive-through that was near the jobsite we were working on. They didn't have an issue with that at all, even if paying and collecting from the caged skidsteer was a bit of a pain...
 
I just had this happen for the first time in years of going through the drive thru. She said it's company policy and she is just doing her job.

I replied this is the first time this has happened. Never been denied at a McDees drive thru. I only go to fast food places for late night coffee. So the drive thru is almost always empty.

Has this happened to others riding their bike through the drive through?

Were you wearing Arai or Alpinestars at the time?

I remember seeing a sign at the window at Timmies.

It read, "No Shoei, no Shark, no service."
 
Back
Top Bottom