Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house? | Page 465 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Enough of COVID...what are you doing to the house?

Mowed the lawn for the first time (lawnmower started on pull #3). Spread out about 2-3 yards last night around the front yard...I can't feel my back, arms, and legs lol.

Having 3 'helpers' didn't help. I enjoy how they're currently fighting who gets to help me more...I don't look forward to the fights of who HAS TO help dad when they're older...

Thanks to the GTAM community for the recommendations...6 yards plus delivery was $480 tax in. Much easier on the wallet than the bulk bags.

Mowed the lawn for the first time (lawnmower started on pull #3). Spread out about 2-3 yards last night around the front yard...I can't feel my back, arms, and legs lol.

Having 3 'helpers' didn't help. I enjoy how they're currently fighting who gets to help me more...I don't look forward to the fights of who HAS TO help dad when they're older...

Thanks to the GTAM community for the recommendations...6 yards plus delivery was $480 tax in. Much easier on the wallet than the bulk bags.
Yeah I was looking at the front lawn when I got home last night, looks like it's that time to get the mower started.... ugh
Finished raking the leafs a couple of weeks ago...

I'm in need for a 3rd mow of the grass over my weeping bed, I use the self propelled push mower for this area. No kids, no fights, just me...
I still have a ton of leaves and pine needles to rake up and now I have a dump trucks worth of dirt to spread into some low spot on my property...
So the tiller, mower, tractor will be getting a lot of use this summer... good thing gas and diesel are cheap... :p

Yeah I was looking at the front lawn when I got home last night, looks like it's that time to get the mower started.... ugh
Finished raking the leafs a couple of weeks ago...
Need to find the break in the perimeter wire and get the robot going soon. Last time I stuck one end in a extension cord and used my live wire finder.

Sent from the future

Need to find the break in the perimeter wire and get the robot going soon. Last time I stuck one end in a extension cord and used my live wire finder.

Sent from the future
Is the wire supposed to have high voltage? You could use a tick tracer if not. If it's really battling you, at least one kind gtam'r has a tdr and can tell you how many feet away the break is.

Sent from the future
You have a robot mower? I've seen something on FB about these, kinda interesting.

You have a robot mower? I've seen something on FB about these, kinda interesting.
For the right person and lot they can be awesome. Like electric cars, you need to change your behaviour a bit but it can turn out better. Instead of letting your grass get long and then cutting it, they like taking little bites so they are cutting often and your lawn remains a constant length. No stripes possible with any that I have seen though.

My biggest issue with them is the cost and ease of theft. Most manufacturers advertise that the robot shuts down and is useless to the thief but they damn sure aren't bringing back your four figure toy. I havent seen a manufacturer that provides cheap or free replacements for stolen robots. Scuba's lot is ideal as there are few eyes to even know that he has a robot.

I would LOVE a robot lawn mower for my rear yard at the very least. Front yard I wouldn't let that thing out of my sight, and would just drink beers as it does it's thing.

The back yard lawn is effectively rectangular and nothing really in it's way so it'd be perfect. Plus it's enclosed and secure.

Maybe when the eldest has a few more years in he can help out...for now...it's a plastic shovel and a small plastic wheelbarrow for him.

I need another one so they keep trying to impress me and move more soil.

I'm in need for a 3rd mow of the grass over my weeping bed, I use the self propelled push mower for this area. No kids, no fights, just me...
I still have a ton of leaves and pine needles to rake up and now I have a dump trucks worth of dirt to spread into some low spot on my property...
So the tiller, mower, tractor will be getting a lot of use this summer... good thing gas and diesel are cheap... :p
Like cars, I enjoy RWD propelled mowers than the FWD mower I have. I find the FWD ones tear at the grass more than the RWD/No WD mowers...but dad bought it for me as a gift so I'm ok using it until it dies.

Then I'll cruise through the EV Mower thread somewhere.

Like cars, I enjoy RWD propelled mowers than the FWD mower I have. I find the FWD ones tear at the grass more than the RWD/No WD mowers...but dad bought it for me as a gift so I'm ok using it until it dies.

Then I'll cruise through the EV Mower thread somewhere.
I never even really noticed, but mine is rear drive.
Thinking about doing this...

Is the wire supposed to have high voltage? You could use a tick tracer if not. If it's really battling you, at least one kind gtam'r has a tdr and can tell you how many feet away the break is.
@Scuba Steve

I have a toner and cable length tester.
Let me know if you need it.

I never even really noticed, but mine is rear drive.
Thinking about doing this...
All fun and games, till the neighbour's dog or careless toddler walks over and then you end up with no lawn to mow at all. I think the robots have sensors etc for that sort of thing

Back
Top Bottom