Elephant in the Covid room | Page 27 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less then 2% of the infections are from travelers . People are tested before and after flight . At the beginning I agree they should have shut the travel . But now it is just a distraction .

Not one reporter corrected Dougie when he says 3.5 million people vaccinated . A large majority of these vaccinations are one shot only so half vaccinated .
Apparently ~10 people per flight from india infected with a variant that is not widespread in canada. At the very least a 14 day hotel stay is warranted so we arent fighting another variant. Not every case is equivalent.

As for vaccinated, they are vaccinated. Not completely yet, but a single shot plus two weeks should be sufficient to keep you put of hospital (and alive).

fyi, someone i know who was charged and received a ticket for not going to quarantine hotel (they walked out of the airport and stayed at home for 14 days) just had their charges thrown out.

what a circus.

fyi, someone i know who was charged and received a ticket for not going to quarantine hotel (they walked out of the airport and stayed at home for 14 days) just had their charges thrown out.

what a circus.
Shocker. Our moron in chief has less than no balls.

So, uh, I’m 8 days post vaccination now. When does my 5G kick in?

And the Bill Gates microchips haven’t issued me any commands yet either.

I’m starting to think this was all a big conspiracy theory or something.
Give it a couple of days, mine has kicked in. I got the AZ, other than the notorious 4 hour issue, I’ve been hearing voices. Last night Jochen Zeitz was whispering to me ‘PAN AM’

Interesting perspective. Seems like both the left and right are ravaging our leader.

what a circus.
This comes as a surprise to who ? Didn't I mention the charter in another thread ?

I'm glad the courts are following the charter so far .

Interesting perspective. Seems like both the left and right are ravaging our leader.
Ngl, when he threw Castro name in there I almost spat out my coffee.

That being said its sad to hear we are now more infected per capita then the US...

That being said its sad to hear we are now more infected per capita then the US...
The last I saw we're not. Bad reporting keeps saying that though. The stats I saw said our daily new cases per capita are now higher. Our active cases per capita are lower and our cumulative cases per capita are lower by a factor of five. Still not good, but not as bad as it sounds when they omit some key words.

Last edited:
Ngl, when he threw Castro name in there I almost spat out my coffee.

That's political spin. I refuse to pay attention to anything Fox News or any of its minions say ... but rather to check what people say they're saying via independent non-Fox-related sources.

Here's my source: Coronavirus Update (Live): 137,417,105 Cases and 2,962,036 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

US data in particular is subject to weekly fluctuations, making it very easy to cherry-pick numbers that don't reflect reality. Let's look at 7-day moving averages exclusively, in order to average those out.

USA daily new cases 7-day moving average right now is 69,926 and on a slight increasing trend. Daily new deaths 7-day moving average right now is 747 and on a decreasing trend. Population 332.5 million. Per million citizens 210 new cases, 2.25 new deaths.

Canada daily new cases 7-day moving average 8092 and on a strong increasing trend. Daily new deaths 7-day moving average 34 and on a slight increasing trend. Population 38 million. Per million citizens 213 new cases, 0.9 new deaths.

So ... Yes ... As of right now (and for the first time in the pandemic), we have more daily new cases normalised for population than the USA does, but we are only having 40% of the daily new deaths that they are. The trend directions for the daily new deaths aren't favourable and it's a lagging indicator. It's no secret that the USA has vaccinated a greater percentage of the population than we have. In terms of time, they're about a month ahead.

End facts begin speculation. USA percentage of population vaccinated is going to level out in about a month. We'll carry on and overtake them about a month after that. It's possible sometime during that month, that our daily covid19 death rate per million citizens will overtake theirs - but then we'll re-take the lead in the long term. Reason: Red states. 'Nuff said.

Reason: Red states. 'Nuff said.
The majority of deaths in the US occurred in 5 Blue states where governors decided it would be a great idea to put covid positive patients back in nursing homes instead of quarantining them...

My statement was forward-looking, not backward-looking.
Fair enough. Though with warmer weather kicking in I have a feeling the southern states will fair better in the short term as flu season ends.

Wow. It's easy to see how people get sucked into believing crap when it is based on a shred of truth. Things like no mask after vaccination may turn out to be reasonable but we don't know for sure the effect of vaccination in transmission (100% effective?) and a huge number of freedumbers would just say they had been vaccinated and not wear a mask. Sadly we need to have rules that keep the freedumbers mostly playing along until we can get the spread down to a manageable level.

Fair enough. Though with warmer weather kicking in I have a feeling the southern states will fair better in the short term as flu season ends.

Flu cases have been down drastically (Canada at least) because even with haphazard social distancing/mask wearing flu isn't as transmissible/infectious as COVID and what little has been done has made a big impact. That's worth thinking about in the future but at the very least its a demonstration of how social distancing and masks do actually affect infectious diseases spread by aerosol although many of the freedumbers will just brush that off as inconvenient.

Flu cases have been down drastically (Canada at least) because even with haphazard social distancing/mask wearing flu isn't as transmissible/infectious as COVID and what little has been done has made a big impact. That's worth thinking about in the future but at the very least its a demonstration of how social distancing and masks do actually affect infectious diseases spread by aerosol although many of the freedumbers will just brush that off as inconvenient.
Flu shots were also way up. Not saying the rest didn't also help just that there was a comprehensive package deployed that limited transmission on many fronts. It will be interesting to see how many people get flu shots next year. Will it stay high or drop back to normal? I suspect just slightly above normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom