Elephant in the Covid room | Page 101 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
He lives in Thornbury. They took him to Toronto for the surgery, but changed their mind because there wasn't enough room for recovery. They then sent him to Barrie. Again no room, and then to Collingwood. Lol. He's home now doing fine.
That was a lot of relocating to end up at the local hospital. smh. Glad he is ok.

He lives in Thornbury. They took him to Toronto for the surgery, but changed their mind because there wasn't enough room for recovery. They then sent him to Barrie. Again no room, and then to Collingwood. Lol. He's home now doing fine.

Glad all is well. Odd that they would send someone *to* Toronto right now. Then to elsewhere only to be turned away as well. Sounds to me like the whole situation is still very fluid.

So looks like the parties are going outdoors more often. Was out for a walk and a few streets border with Erindale Park. Lots of cars at the entrances so it seems those are the new party spots. Park on the street, go partying in the park, and then boogie home to spread.

I don't think the impoundment is necessary. Cop to driver, "Driver, go straight home - at midnight your license will be suspended for 3 days. After that you can go to Service Ontario, pay the $285 reinstatement fee and get your license back".
It beats the present HTA 172 but there is still a 3 day suspension and the fee is the thin edge of the wedge.

So looks like the parties are going outdoors more often. Was out for a walk and a few streets border with Erindale Park. Lots of cars at the entrances so it seems those are the new party spots. Park on the street, go partying in the park, and then boogie home to spread.
Build that wall!

Not here yet. Said week of today, but it's not up yet. Kids are in group 2.

the military report on LTC facilities has been made public.

Most residents that died of covid , did not "die of covid" , they died from dehydration and neglect . Report pretty much sums up a drink of water and a wipe down may have saved over 50% of deaths.

Holy **** .

Ugh. Nobody get too excited about the the situation changing any time soon.

The current order is now set to expire on May 19 but during a press conference on Monday afternoon Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. David Williams seemed to pour cold water on the idea of loosening restrictions in time for the Victoria Day long weekend.

“It think it (case counts) has to be well below 1,000. With the variants it is a new issue, they are much more readily transmitted so we have to be a lot more cautious,” he said. “We don't want to go back up again. We do not want to fourth wave. We don't want to have to close things back down again when we open up.”

Ugh. Nobody get too excited about the the situation changing any time soon.

The current order is now set to expire on May 19 but during a press conference on Monday afternoon Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. David Williams seemed to pour cold water on the idea of loosening restrictions in time for the Victoria Day long weekend.

“It think it (case counts) has to be well below 1,000. With the variants it is a new issue, they are much more readily transmitted so we have to be a lot more cautious,” he said. “We don't want to go back up again. We do not want to fourth wave. We don't want to have to close things back down again when we open up.”

That's fair enough...Kingston is sitting at about 17-20 new cases a day. That’s not really very good considering we had practically none for the longest time.

That's fair enough...Kingston is sitting at about 17-20 new cases a day. That’s not really very good considering we had practically none for the longest time.
I was expecting some extension but considering five weeks got us from ~4500 to ~3000, if they really want well below 1000, we may not be halfway through lockdown three yet.

I was supposed to be on vacation this week (We'd have been in Gaspe by now) but when the travel ban was put in place we cancelled that of course and I moved the week of vacation to the third week of June to lineup with the last week of June I have off as well.

I've been contemplating moving it back to the second week of June to get a jump on the post lockdown period.

At this point.....I think I'll just leave it at the third week of June to be safe. Will come out of lockdown with a bang.

I got my shot today (Moderna)! Pretty lucky that my work secured some doses from public health and set up a vaccine center on site.

We've had 3500 people a day come to site for a year now and while we've had people with covid, haven't had any spread between workers. Pretty amazing when you think about it

I got my shot today (Moderna)! Pretty lucky that my work secured some doses from public health and set up a vaccine center on site.

We've had 3500 people a day come to site for a year now and while we've had people with covid, haven't had any spread between workers. Pretty amazing when you think about it
not any reported spread anyways ?

not any reported spread anyways ?
They are pretty good about internal contact tracing and keep a list of active and resolve covid cases per building. While anything is possible I doubt it in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom