Easter Weekend Bethany Ride 2019 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Easter Weekend Bethany Ride 2019

Anyone know how long the adventure ride will be? Easter dinner an issue!?
It all depends on your pace. Last time I did the adventure route we stopped to smell the roses a few times. Also my GPS guy was new to a GPS so we had to backtrack several times.
In the end I was back at Haugens by 5. You could likely finish it mid afternoon.
You can also leave the ride at any point, just be sure to tell the group you're riding with.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Will they take issue with a loud exhaust?

Edit: Actually read the flyer... guess its a yes they will. So it looks like its a no from me. Too bad.

Will they take issue with a loud exhaust?

Edit: Actually read the flyer... guess its a yes they will. So it looks like its a no from me. Too bad.
Really depends how loud. Lots of guys running ktm 530 and 450's with aftermarket pipes. My husky 450 is louder than a drz but quieter than most harleys.
Just dont go wot in the parking lot, you'll be fine. There is no sound check.
Alternatively slap in a Db Dawg for the day, 5 minutes to install with 1 Allen key, under $20.

Really depends how loud. Lots of guys running ktm 530 and 450's with aftermarket pipes. My husky 450 is louder than a drz but quieter than most harleys.
Just dont go wot in the parking lot, you'll be fine. There is no sound check.
Alternatively slap in a Db Dawg for the day, 5 minutes to install with 1 Allen key, under $20.

DRZ has a MRD which is basically a straight pipe. Its ear plugs loud but not harley level. It might rustle feathers, not sure.

Drz isn't going to be loud enough for anyone to care should get a spark arrestor though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Okay thanks.

And if you show up alone you can just join a group that has a GPS?
Yeah,I usually do. Don't be shy, ask around when you get there. Give yourself time to find a like minded group. I usually ask at the registration table and they help pass the word if needed.
But it isn't normally hard at all to find someone to ride with in a crowd of 150 dirt bikes.

Has anyone been on any of the trails we are taking yet this year?
I’m riding a ktm 1190 with the factory Conti trail attack 2 tire.
Will this be enough traction to easily ride the off road section of the adv route?

Has anyone been on any of the trails we are taking yet this year?
I’m riding a ktm 1190 with the factory Conti trail attack 2 tire.
Will this be enough traction to easily ride the off road section of the adv route?
Over on the ODSC website some members were out pre-riding the route this past Saturday. They say it's a go, with a couple short bypasses around some severe icy hills.
The adventure route is laid out for "big adventure bikes on non-aggresive on/offroad tires", their words not mine. Sounds like your tires are made for it.
They did also mention that most of the unmaintained road portions have already had vehicle traffic through there, so it cant be that bad.

Good call
I decided to test out my new jacket, pants, boots. For water proofing.
I was riding this general area and the seasonal road I was on was pretty mucky.
Can imagine 100 bikes would leave the road in pretty rough shape.

So.... how did it go?
Was a little upset that I couldn't attend due to a family commitment, but then I saw how hard it was raining on Saturday and suddenly didn't feel so bad. :LOL:

So who's still planning to attend this Saturday? Weather should be clear sunny and cold, perfect for trails no sweating lol.
I'd like to join a group as my route skills on my GPS aren't always reliable yet. Competent dirt rider, I wont hold anybody up.

Back
Top Bottom