Ducati 1199 details | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati 1199 details

Have you ever been to a DOCC event at say Mosport or Calabogi ? There are 3 classes full of Ducati's from the slowest of novices to the fastest of Pro's and not a Tim Hortons in sight......
You beat me to the reply on this one Darren.As for the comments by MXS...you have an invite to come out to Mosport next May.Hang with us in the pits for a while.****,i'll buy ya a dinner and the cooler is always open in my pit so bring a tent and enjoy the company of some really great,knowledgable riders over a few cold ones.(oops,is hanging out in the pits posing?) They are not all ducs at our events.Anything Euro is good.Fun to watch the Katooms and Trumpets flying around too.Expensive!I paid $10,500 for my 1100 Hypermotard.I don't call that expensive.And i don't know anyone personally in the DOCC that is rich.Most of the members are just like the average GTAM'r,they stay to themselves tho,and don't care at all to justify their choice.

Thanks Ric ... I might take you up on that. Maybe I can bring a case of a good beer for the evening and talk you into swapping my DRZ for your Hyper for a lap or two ... :)

In reply to webb70, I am sure they are people who regularly track Ducatis, it's just that I have not seen that many of them so far. I believe two, and that is during the public track days(not a one reserved for people on Ducatis; You have to have a Ducati or special invite to those invites .... or perhaps a Euro bike will do; but why do these people not show up at regular track days?) I have attended as a spectator or rider.

I don't consider myself poor by any stretch of an imagination, but one reason I have not bought a Duc is the price and probably only the price. I guess I am too much stuck in the value/price department ... If the value is not there, I am not willing to pony up the money .... my loss I guess, but I don't complain ... :)

Have you ever been to a DOCC event at say Mosport or Calabogi ? There are 3 classes full of Ducati's from the slowest of novices to the fastest of Pro's and not a Tim Hortons in sight......

What would I be doing there? Riding my Japanese bike? LOL

You beat me to the reply on this one Darren.As for the comments by MXS...you have an invite to come out to Mosport next May.Hang with us in the pits for a while.****,i'll buy ya a dinner and the cooler is always open in my pit so bring a tent and enjoy the company of some really great,knowledgable riders over a few cold ones.(oops,is hanging out in the pits posing?) They are not all ducs at our events.Anything Euro is good.Fun to watch the Katooms and Trumpets flying around too.Expensive!I paid $10,500 for my 1100 Hypermotard.I don't call that expensive.And i don't know anyone personally in the DOCC that is rich.Most of the members are just like the average GTAM'r,they stay to themselves tho,and don't care at all to justify their choice.

Open cooler!!!! I'm in!! I have heard lots of good things about the DOCC track days. I hope to go to a couple next year.

Does anyone have any pictures of this bike? The only ones I have seen on the net are of the Rossi replica, and it looks amazing. Such a sexy bike. But than again I wouldn't have expected any less from Ducati. Their designers seem to be ahead of the game.

Actually, the guys at DOCC don't believe me that I own a Ducati as I tracked a Suzuki SV at all the events this year.

Why? Too fun and I'm prepared to throw it off a cliff, not my Ducati, but this is going to change next year.

I don't do Tim Hortons, but I just might now as I have inside info that lasagna will now be on their menu, Not. Lasanga, what's up with that, so let me see, " a double double and plate of lasagna" , weird.

Actually, the guys at DOCC don't believe me that I own a Ducati as I tracked a Suzuki SV at all the events this year.

Why? Too fun and I'm prepared to throw it off a cliff, not my Ducati, but this may change next year.

I don't do Tim Hortons, but I just might now as I have inside info that lasagna will now be on their menu. Lasanga, what's up with that, so let me see, " a double double and plate of lasagna" , weird.

Thanks Ric ... I might take you up on that. Maybe I can bring a case of a good beer for the evening and talk you into swapping my DRZ for your Hyper for a lap or two ... :)
Never had the Hyper on the track.That's what the Muffin is for.Keep an eye on the DOCC dates.The poor economy has kept attendance down lately and the club opens up the weekend to all makes.

Never had the Hyper on the track.That's what the Muffin is for.Keep an eye on the DOCC dates.The poor economy has kept attendance down lately and the club opens up the weekend to all makes.

I dunno know why I'm only asking this now ... but why "Muffin"?

I dunno know why I'm only asking this now ... but why "Muffin"?
It's a 944 ss with an all out race motor built by Bruce Myers retired owner of BCM Ducati.Bruce built the bike for Robbie Nigl to run in the BOT series.The name came from a bunch of teasing between one of the other racers and Robbie.Most of the other bikes were faster,but the engines were grenades and the 944 always finished quietly in front.Apparently the other rider had red hair and didn't like being called Strawberry Shortcake.Let alone being told he was beat by the Muffin man.
Sadly the distinctive checkered paintwork is a huge mess because i binned it at Calabogie.The chassis is fine,but i can't afford to restore the paint.I'll prolly paint it black. :(

Back
Top Bottom