Don't check your phone while stopped at a red light! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Don't check your phone while stopped at a red light!

Watch out in halton/Oakville

The cops ride up to you on mountain bikes while you're stopped at a light

Don't ask me how I know

How many police cars have been involved in fatal accidents because of distracted drivers?

I get your point but it’s not an entirely fair argument. Police cars make up a very small percentage of the vehicles on the road and police can say a fatality was a result of a myriad of things other than distracted driving.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I get your point but it’s not an entirely fair argument. Police cars make up a very small percentage of the vehicles on the road and police can say a fatality was a result of a myriad of things other than distracted driving.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
So you think they would fabricate a story to shed some guilt?

And would. Reading some of the SIU conclusions is laughable. I still remember years ago, a cop drove straight into a jersey barrier in a parking lot at probably 50+ km/h on their way to join a chase that already had a half dozen cars involved. The car was crushed back to the A pillar. The report said the officer wasn't responsible as it was hard to see the three foot tall concrete wall across the entire entrance and he was driving slowly and carefully at the time. That kind of crap is what infuriates people.

How many police cars have been involved in fatal accidents because of distracted drivers?

Fatal? No idea. I'm sure there's at least a few. In the mean time.......

"I got a text from another ****** officer."

One from your neck of the woods, Rick.

xvbpuhh5oko01.png

Maybe Donovan will chime in about how he got ticketed by a Peel cop for reading an email while stopped in line at the drive-through of a Tim Hortons.

Last edited:
Watch out in halton/Oakville

The cops ride up to you on mountain bikes while you're stopped at a light

Don't ask me how I know

No hands free? Your Honda doesn't have Apple Play?

I'm not saying it is (I said so just afterward) but, from my understanding, people have been charged with all sorts of random things for filtering from police (reckless driving, stunting, etc.). I don't think it should be illegal, but the police should be held to at least the same standard they (as a whole) hold others to. In the same way I frequently see them on their phones (even ignoring the fact they're on their police computers as part of their work, which is also 'safe' according to them).

It's a double standard.

Saw an ambulance mount the median to get a patient to the hospital the other day. Guess they shouldn’t do that either. Cops can also use flashing lights and sirens that you can’t. They can jump red lights too. Same with fire trucks.

Your argument isn’t going anywhere.

Saw an ambulance mount the median to get a patient to the hospital the other day. Guess they shouldn’t do that either. Cops can also use flashing lights and sirens that you can’t. They can jump red lights too. Same with fire trucks.

I understand emergency vehicle doing all these things with their lights and/or sirens on. but if its not, they're just another vehicle on the road that has to follow the law.

I understand emergency vehicle doing all these things with their lights and/or sirens on. but if its not, they're just another vehicle on the road that has to follow the law.

Ok, you tell them that. See if it gets you anywhere. Report back!

Funny enough, today I pulled up behind some women stopped at a red light. I could see her fiddling with her phone from her side mirror. She noticed me and put the phone to the side and rolled up her window. I think alot of people think I might be a cop since I ride a ex police Harley.
Meh it's amusing sometimes, but man there still is plenty for the police to do....people are not getting the message.

Won't be long before they enable the software, that prevents any phone from dialing while moving greater than 5kph.
They just have to make up their minds and say f passengers, they can can call when they stop.
People are too stupid, that includes you, to be able to listen to the radio and drive.
Why put a phone in their hands that works at speed, and tell them not to use it?

Was waiting at a traffic light and I saw a motorcycle cop lane filtering through the lineup peering into the cabin of each car. He was looking for people on smartphones, ready to hand out tickets.

Touching your GPS is also a no-no.

When did I argue that they shouldn't be able to do these things in response to an emergency situation? Or are you saying they can do these things regardless of purpose?

Won't be long before they enable the software, that prevents any phone from dialing while moving greater than 5kph.
They just have to make up their minds and say f passengers, they can can call when they stop.
People are too stupid, that includes you, to be able to listen to the radio and drive.
Why put a phone in their hands that works at speed, and tell them not to use it?

bus passengers, train passengers... heck at 5 kph... you'd be including joggers and possibly some fast walkers.

Back
Top Bottom