Does the HJC RPHA-10 helmet have room for speakers? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does the HJC RPHA-10 helmet have room for speakers?

beverage

I recently bought the Dynamic Innovations Evolution headset that Daytona Motorsports had on sale. Unfortunately, the speaker and mic fitment is just too tight in my Shoei RF-1000. The Shoei is getting pretty old and was never designed to take a headset, so I've been looking at new helmets. The HJC RPHA-10 is on my short list, but some websites indicate it has speaker pockets (motorcycle-superstore.com) while others do not (revzilla.com). I tried the RPHA-10 on, and it fit well (size S), but the ear pockets looked a little snug for speakers. Unfortunately, I didn't have the headset with me at the time to test fit. Does anyone here have first hand experience with headset fitment in the RPHA-10? Thanks.

Nobody? No one here has the RPHA with a headset? How about this: for those riders with a headset (pocket speakers and mic), what helmet do you have, and does the headset fit comfortably or is it tighter than you'd prefer?

I have the helmet but it's used for racing. If I think of it tonight I'll pull back the liner to look. My new shark Race-R pro has pockets for their bluetooth communication and speakers.

Nobody? No one here has the RPHA with a headset? How about this: for those riders with a headset (pocket speakers and mic), what helmet do you have, and does the headset fit comfortably or is it tighter than you'd prefer?

I tried looking yesterday out of curiosity but couldn't find a definite answer. For me, I have the Bell Vortex helmet with pockets for speakers and it works fairly well. GF has a Joe Rocket helmet and it also has the same thing. They're recessed in so it doesn't take away from any interior space. Did you try contacting HJC?

Last edited:
I tried looking yesterday out of curiosity but couldn't find a definite answer. For me, I have the Bell Vortex helmet with pockets for speakers and it works fairly well. GF has a Joe Rocket helmet and it also has the same thing. They're recessed in so it doesn't take away from any interior space. Did you try contacting HJC?
I did contact HJC a few days ago. Here is their response:

Hello xxxxxx,
Thank you for contacting HJC Helmets. You will be glad to know that the RPHA-10 does in fact have speaker pockets for your Bluetooth speaker and microphone setup.
Hopefully this just made your decision a whole lot easier to make! Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns regarding the RPHA-10 or any other HJC helmets.
Thank you for choosing HJC Helmets and ride safe,
Robert Burgos
Customer Relations
511 S. Harbor Blvd. Ste.V
La Habra, CA 90631
Phone: 562-407-2186
Fax: 562-802-7706
www.hjchelmets.com

Ironically though, the HJC USA website makes no mention of speaker pockets in their description for the RPHA-10 helmet model, so I'm not convinced.

So you don't trust the manufacturer but some random people online? Why not just go look at the helmet where you plan to purchase it and remove all doubt?

I did try the helmet on at GP Bikes when I happened to be passing by, but didn't have a headset with me to test fit, otherwise I might have bought the helmet on the spot. Not many dealers out my way (Brampton) carry the helmet (especially in a Small), and it's a bit of a haul to go all the way to GP Bikes and back for a "maybe" (2.5 hour round trip). HJC's own website doesn't mention speaker pockets for this helmet, so I'm reluctant to blindly trust the CR guy who's just out to help them sell helmets. Various other websites have contradicting information, and the Revzilla video review made no mention of speaker pockets. I know the helmet fits me well without a headset. Ideally, I'd prefer to hear from some people that have actually used a headset with the helmet. If it's a good match, I'd just order online from GP Bikes and have it delivered.

Hearing about some other helmet options doesn't hurt either.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom