Do you use any Maintenance or fuel Apps? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you use any Maintenance or fuel Apps?

oioioi

Site Supporter
I was thinking about the best way to track any maintenance I do on the bike.

Currently, I have set up a spreadsheet in which I record the date, kms and type of service I did (myself or at a shop), and any additional notes I want to add.

But I thought that this would be a good to have available and track on a mobile device using an app. I know I can have the spreadsheet on my phone as well but an app might be easy to use. At the same time it could be overkill for my purpose.

If I can track fuel mileage that would be good as well.

I skimmed though the App Store, and found a few different apps. Some free some paid.

Does anyone use any app for this purpose?
Which one do you use and why do you like it?
Which ones have you tried and stopped using?

I use aCar. I've probably been using it since I bought my car back in 2013. I paid for the pro version way back when it was on sale for a few bucks I think.

No issues from my use.

I use it to record fill ups, maintenance, and also future parts list.

Lol looking at the reviews, it's pretty bad. I'm so used to it that I won't try a new app though. It does feel dated and clunky when you step back and look at it from critical eye though.

I use a spreadsheet. Admittedly, I haven't tried many of the apps, but I track things that I highly doubt they will (eg. average fuel mileage per brand of gas station which ime can vary by more than 10%)

TIP:

Each time I fill up, I take a photo of my odometer and the pump in case I want to look back and do a fuel economy calc.
Saves me from writing in a log at the station and/or losing the receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good idea. ?
And than Into spreadsheet?

TIP:
Each time I fill up, I take a photo of my odometer and the pump in case I want to look back and do a fuel economy calc.
Saves me from writing in a log at the station and/or losing the receipt.
I do take a photo of my odometer every couple of months, so I have a ballpark of what date I was at specific points of mileage.
Tracking routine maintenance is something I should do a better job of, because I have been known to miss important things - just because of forgetting to do it.

Every fill-up I used to track my mileage, fuel consumption, tire longevity and a bunch of other things including how much money I was spending on various moto related purchases like parts and gear. Then after doing that for about 10 years I realized measuring all these things was more to inflate my ego than anything else, so I stopped it completely and just ride the bike and enjoy it. Makes my fuel stops much faster now!

I just use a spreadsheet to log maintenance, and keep notes on other part swaps etc. I don't log gas fill ups. But occasionally check mileage/consumption off a full tank.

i use an app called gasbuddy! I didn’t even think about it until now but there is a convenient way to input your bike’s detaile and then everytime you fill up you cant track and log to keep track of purchases and fuel economy!

Also, the main reason i use the app is because it gives me updated and accurate gas prices all around the GTA even out in Hamilton where I am for school. Ranging from regular through all the octane’s it almost never been off by a few cents.

I use Gates Carbon Drive frequency tuner app to tension the timing belts on my MTS. It's more accurate than sliding a 5mm Allen key between the belt and the tensioning roller.
I have a whiteboard on the garage wall to keep track of other maintenance and a folder to keep receipts of filter and oil purchases. Very important for resale.

I've been using Simply Auto recently to track maintenance and services on my Jeep.

Works well for me.

I use Evernote for everything. For maintenance tracking, I can enter it all on my phone then later retrieve it on my PC. And vice-versa, if I need a part I can look it up on my PC (I hate mobile browsers), save the part number then refer to my phone at the dealer.

I just use the maintenance log on my Garmin Zumo 395. Easy to update on the road and can be customised for specific tasks.

Phil
Wiarton

Good suggestions. I will take a look at them and see if they are simple enough and not designed to keep track maintenance on a rocket ship.
I am good with technology and apps, but I feel like some apps are "over engineered" and not user friendly.

I just want the basics. I have a feeling that a spreadsheet might be easiest to customize. I wanted to track this stuff for personal knowledge but also in case of resale. Good to have.

@Relax
Something that can be transferred from phone to PC is good. I am not a fan of mobile browsers either. I hate viewing something important on a 4-7 inch screen. Nothing beats sitting at a desk with a full size keyboard/mouse and a 27 inch monitor. Many mobile versions of websites do not have all the info you are often looking for.

I'm old school. I bought a small notebook (3"x5") and I simple keep track of my maintenance in it. I don't record fuel mileage. I make an entry every time I mod the bike, perform maintenance or get maintenance done. I include the date, odometre reading, parts/fluids used including part numbers and price and even bolt torque specs. I like it as its small and fits in the drawer of my tool chest and I when I sell the bike I can give it to the new owner so they have a log of all maintenance/work done to it.

I keep a separate log book, same size on the bike and keep track of each ride with basic info of where I went and total mileage for the day, but that log is just for fun to keep track of where I ride to and how much mileage I do, it doesn't keep track of any important data.

I use Fuelley (app) and have been tracking my last 2 bikes. Real easy to enter and it calculates your average consumption plus you can follow friends and benchmark on your bike/ car model etc.

I'm old school. I bought a small notebook (3"x5") and I simple keep track of my maintenance in it. I don't record fuel mileage. I make an entry every time I mod the bike, perform maintenance or get maintenance done. I include the date, odometre reading, parts/fluids used including part numbers and price and even bolt torque specs. I like it as its small and fits in the drawer of my tool chest and I when I sell the bike I can give it to the new owner so they have a log of all maintenance/work done to it.

I keep a separate log book, same size on the bike and keep track of each ride with basic info of where I went and total mileage for the day, but that log is just for fun to keep track of where I ride to and how much mileage I do, it doesn't keep track of any important data.
Old school is created in a very short timespan these days.Buy some great technology and it's out of date next week.But then i'm a luditte,so what do i know?

I use Gates Carbon Drive frequency tuner app to tension the timing belts on my MTS. It's more accurate than sliding a 5mm Allen key between the belt and the tensioning roller.
I have a whiteboard on the garage wall to keep track of other maintenance and a folder to keep receipts of filter and oil purchases. Very important for resale.
Same here. I have a folder with every maintenance item/service receipt in it for every car/powersport I have starting with the original purchase receipt and manuals/etc and I keep them in the garage for quick reference. Always an attractive item to buyers when reselling. The one for my 13yr old car I bought new is massive :)

Back
Top Bottom