Do you use any Maintenance or fuel Apps? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you use any Maintenance or fuel Apps?

Same here. I have a folder with every maintenance item/service receipt in it for every car/powersport I have starting with the original purchase receipt and manuals/etc and I keep them in the garage for quick reference. Always an attractive item to buyers when reselling. The one for my 13yr old car I bought new is massive :)
Try selling a bike a bike with notes saved to your phone for maint. Mmmkay?

I've been using Quicken since 1993 to track all household expenses and Excel to track maintenance detail on vehicles.

Bike expenses, excluding cost of bike itself and related touring costs (hotel, meals etc.....) is $37,370 for the period June 2003 to date. Sure adds up over time.

I would hope you would be able to email the notes from the phone to pass o to the new owner.

Same here. I have a folder with every maintenance item/service receipt in it for every car/powersport I have starting with the original purchase receipt and manuals/etc and I keep them in the garage for quick reference. Always an attractive item to buyers when reselling. The one for my 13yr old car I bought new is massive :)

Current family car is leased so as long as I do regular oil/maintenance I am good. Car will be changed next year

FIL is a mechanic with his own shop so oil changes are free. ?

Back when we owned 2 gas cars I used an app called "Road Trip" (iPhone only AFAIK) that tracked fuel economy, maintenance, etc. The thing I really like about it is that it works in the cloud, so when my wife would fill up her car the records would automatically populate to my phone, and vice versa. So I always knew when maintenance was due without needing to physically go look at the car or her phone - my phone would just ding when she filled up, recorded her mileage, and it was over the mileage I'd programmed in for maintenance events. If she filled up MY car on occasion it would always cross populate back to my phone as well. Awesome app.

I kept everything in there and I still "archived" vehicles (including our Jetskis) we haven't owned in years now for that matter...for what reason I don't know, but whatever.

Now that we have 2 EV's I don't need it much anymore for fuel economy needs for obvious reasons, but I use it solely for tracking maintenance now on the motorcycles. I don't bother tracking fuel economy on them anymore - I knew my old bike was routinely inside a 0.2L/100KM window every fill up anyways so after about 25,000KM of tracking it I realized it wasn't worth the effort anymore.

Try selling a bike a bike with notes saved to your phone for maint. Mmmkay?

To the contrary since there's so MUCH info you can show a buyer (fuel economy from the day I bought this car to the day I sold it to them, ever oil change date/time/milage/GPS located place, logs of new tires, brake jobs, etc etc) It's been my experience that they LIKE that sort of thing. The guy who bought my last car was blown away at the detail of the logs I'd kept (right down to headlight bulb replacements) and didn't question a thing nor did he seem concerned that a lack of a "folder full of paper" meant much at that point. I could prove I hadn't just neglected the thing.

maybe ill also note exporting and transferring all logs can be done by gasbuddy from android/ios to pc as well!

I must be old I still use pen and paper.

I'm even older. If I can't remember it , it doesn't matter !. I've never asked to see a spread sheet on fuel consumption or any of the intricate details of someones bike ownership. This is all really absurd to me. Year, # of owners, mileage, condition, yes. Don't need to know how many oil filters or the brand. Octane rating of fuel used. Milage gotten from tires. You must be joking. All of that can easily falsified.

Back
Top Bottom