Do you hear this when the cops pull you over? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you hear this when the cops pull you over?

Bloodshot

The few times I've been pulled over by the cops while riding they have said that they also ride. They then hint that any excuse I give for why I've been pulled over is BS because they have experience on two wheels and know better.
I'm just wondering if these guys are lying and just say that to every rider to head off any arguments.
So what are your experiences? What percentage of the times you have been pulled over do the cops say they are also riders?
Thanks.

The few times I've been pulled over by the cops while riding they have said that they also ride. They then hint that any excuse I give for why I've been pulled over is BS because they have experience on two wheels and know better.
I'm just wondering if these guys are lying and just say that to every rider to head off any arguments.
So what are your experiences? What percentage of the times you have been pulled over do the cops say they are also riders?
Thanks.
I can't remember. I try not to get pulled over often. I do remember "thanks for not running". As for side of the road excuses, I don't know if they ever work. Maybe if I was pretty. Cops like paid court duty and will often give you a nugget if you are paying attention in how to beat the ticket in court.

I've never been pulled over while riding and plan to (hopefully) keep it that way.
In my very limited experience it is best not to answer any questions but comply with requests for license, insurance etc.
They should know why they pulled you over and 99% of the time you do as well....

When they ask you if you know why they pulled you over, they're trying to get you to admit to an infraction or crime. Always say no and don't offer any excuses - that's the same as admitting guilt. If they're going to let you off, they will, and if they don't, take it to court. There are lots of ways of getting out of a ticket through the justice system, even if you're guilty.

What about the old, Excepting a lesser charge? I've been in court and had the JP offer a lesser charge a couple of times and you don't except the lesser they will charge you with the original if found guilty.

Who here is excepting that.

I meet tons of cops in and out of uniform while riding, out of uniform are riders (usually meet them out on the road someplace), in uniform some are and come up for chat, look at the bike.

I've only been pulled over once by a cop for a traffic violation, which broke a 10+ year stretch. Maybe it's not the cops you need to worry about but your riding habits which are attracting their attention because if it has happened more then once, the problem is you.

I meet tons of cops in and out of uniform while riding, out of uniform are riders (usually meet them out on the road someplace), in uniform some are and come up for chat, look at the bike.

I've only been pulled over once by a cop for a traffic violation, which broke a 10+ year stretch. Maybe it's not the cops you need to worry about but your riding habits which are attracting their attention because if it has happened more then once, the problem is you.
I don't agree with the last part of your statement, Many times I've seen the cops laying traps.

What about the old, Excepting a lesser charge? I've been in court and had the JP offer a lesser charge a couple of times and you don't except the lesser they will charge you with the original if found guilty.

Who here is excepting that.

Never been offered a lesser charge by the JP, only the prosecutor, which I always refuse. I'm usually going in with a clean record, so I don't care about points (and neither does insurance). Any conviction causes the same increase to my rates, so might as well go for broke. Luckily it has always worked out.

We can split hairs on this, just saying laying a speeding ticket for a 5 or 10 over is plain BS and unreasonable
We could, but so 10 over in a school zone is reasonable?

I've never been told by a cop that they also ride. I also haven't been pulled over for at least a decade

I'm hoping to keep my 'not pulled over' streak on a motorcycle this season. In the car...it's been close to 10 years since I got pulled over. Probably more than that.

2x I got stopped years apart in the Minesing area. Right where George Johnson meets 26. I'm very careful in that area.

Back
Top Bottom