Do you fit the stereotype for your bike? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you fit the stereotype for your bike?

My bike is tall, dark and handsome. A perfect combination of good looks, quality performance and versatility. I am one with my bike and my bike is an extension of me.

Don't forget to mention your bike's deep sense of humility..........

I hear you for sure.
.... "Why would you sell a Harley to buy anything else, it just doesn’t make sense“ “it looks funny and doesn’t even have any chrome”

I rode the Finger Lakes about 10 years ago and checked into a hotel and I'm at the desk when a woman walks up to me and says 'I see you ride a Tupperware bike". I had no idea what she meant and asked her to explain, "your bike is all plastic, it's not a real bike with chrome". I could have explained how it's lightness made it nimble and handle better, or the engineering was superior or it was dependable or that it got great mileage, but I didn't because it would have been like arguing with an idiot who gets you down to their level and beats you with experience. It's also why you don't see anyone manufacturing cars that look like 1958 Buicks with big shiny chrome bumpers and weight 2 1/2 tons.

So yes I fit my bike because I'll research a bike to death, am techie and appreciate good engineering, but could fit likely half the bikes made today that come from Germany or Japan because I look for longevity, practicality (hauling stuff), dependability, comfort and engineering.

So I’ve told my story before but will again
Ive been a gear head my entire life. Started riding street motorcycles at 38 years old 5 years ago.
I started on a 2000’s style forward controls custom chopper because it looked cool and riding it I felt cool. All bikes have a purpose and that for sure was the only thing this bike did well.
In short time I realized that I enjoyed to ride A LOT, but not this bike.
My father rode a Harley touring bike so I bought a Harley touring bike. Now I could ride as far as I wanted. I was falling in love with motorcycling. But still lacking something.
One of my employees left me an R6 and said try this. Omg this this is what I need. For 30 minutes lol.
So what do you buy when you want to ride long day trips, rain or shine, twisty back roads or hwy, fast or slow, cold or hot. Smooth or busted up roads. It took me 4 years to find the bike and the style that fits me. Enter the KTM 1190 adventure, I found my do it all bike that fits me.
I will wake up with no plan and jump on my bike and be gone for 8 or 9 hours ride gravel or hwy rain or shine. Some days I just cruise other days I ride faster than I should. Lol faster than that old Harley even could. Some days it’s a short ride across town to run errands. The bottom line I ride as much as I can.
No I haven’t crossed Africa or ridden to Alaska or to Star bucks, but I will ride to Calabogie and back for a burger, hit a couple Tim’s along the way.

I believe I fit the stereotype for my bike
43years ol, father, entrepreneur, KTM 1190 Adventure

Do you fit the stereotype for your bike?
Are you the one guy that bought a new H2 at 65years old or the guy that uses a 600S/S as a mile muncher. Maybe your the guy that has the DRZ 400 sm that can’t wheelie.
Be honest does your bike fit?

Yup ...old school ss rider

I’m also predominantly a Honda guy except for the first old bike I purchased (a ‘73 Yamaha RD). Don’t have the beautiful CB750 collection like Lash, but I do have a near mint ‘69 CB350, a first yr CB350 four, and a first year CB550 four.
None of my rides are newer than 1975...including the wife .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robb, pics of the bikes. I would love to have a 350 four ..or the 550... or...

My klr suits me fine, goes anywhere I want and a big single is a ton of fun on backroads or in town. I just traded my versys 650 for a mint first gen z1000. So far I'm liking it but haven't been out for a real ride on it yet. I guess we'll see.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Just for some clarity one reason I started this thread was to point out that not every Harley Davidson rider is a SOA fanboy or dresses like a pirate or a “biker”, not every gold wing owner is over 80years old, not all super sport riders are 20 somethings screaming around town bouncing off the rev limiter.
Some guys are just riders with a taste for multiple or even all bikes.

When my father and I had a car collection it almost became a business because we wanted them all and would swap, buy and sell all different types. We shared over 17 toys in under 5 years constantly rotating inventory. Arguably the most fun 5 years of my life so far.
One week I would be in a mid 2000’s vette or Mustang the next week could be a 72 beetle. Even had a 63 Buick Riv for a while. A couple old pick up trucks and a 69 Mustang and two Cobra replicas.
As far as bikes go we have had dirt bikes, sport and 4x4 atv’s, a custom chopper, a few Harley touring bikes and one Indian. Now he rides a Kubota tractor he is not a farmer and I have an adventure bike and don’t drink Starbucks but I also don’t ride in that much dirt. I just like cars, truck and bikes not “lifestyles”

Robb, pics of the bikes. I would love to have a 350 four ..or the 550... or...

7c006ed8f36e9929b25308e6b1736978.jpg

04724c867fc567c28080a8933c04d95a.jpg

7ae53227a77911471aefca0a686843ec.jpg

The 550 is buried in the garage and needs some work(no pic).
I ride the CB350f the most.
The 2-stroke is my Covid bike...looks a bit rough,sounds annoying to some and the smoke helps with social distancing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My klr suits me fine, goes anywhere I want and a big single is a ton of fun on backroads or in town. I just traded my versys 650 for a mint first gen z1000. So far I'm liking it but haven't been out for a real ride on it yet. I guess we'll see.

No more deposit on a T7?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

The 2-stroke is my Covid bike...looks a bit rough,sounds annoying to some and the smoke helps with social distancing .

I will have to ask Helmut if Opti2 kills the Covid-19 virus.

No more deposit on a T7?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
Deposit is still there. Delivery is delayed due to pandemic. This gives me time to decide if I really want it lol.

what a stupid comment
would you have preferred another political or Covid19 debate

Oh cummon get over yourselves. Seems to me just another thread so you can all go on about yourselves & what you own & blah, blah, blah. Post some pics of what you've got lardy dah. Go on about wot ya thinkin' about getting. Engage in some mutual admiration. Some oneupmanship here & there. Explain why you are a serious rider, not like those other guys. Give us all the details of your career as a motorcyclist. It's all so entertaining to read !. I'm sure you must impress each other to death. I'm in a coma myself from reading it all. It's almost like a virus.
I have to self quarantine now. I think I'm coming down with something.

Oh cummon get over yourselves. Seems to me just another thread so you can all go on about yourselves & what you own & blah, blah, blah. Post some pics of what you've got lardy dah. Go on about wot ya thinkin' about getting. Engage in some mutual admiration. Some oneupmanship here & there. Explain why you are a serious rider, not like those other guys. Give us all the details of your career as a motorcyclist. It's all so entertaining to read !. I'm sure you must impress each other to death. I'm in a coma myself from reading it all. It's almost like a virus.
I have to self quarantine now. I think I'm coming down with something.

Had to check the URL.

I thought for sure this was GTAMotorcycle.com.

You know, where you talk about... motorcycles...?

do you change in a phone booth? ;)

Back
Top Bottom