Distinguished Gentleman's Ride 2021 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Distinguished Gentleman's Ride 2021

Be sure to say hi to Wobblycat on his Guzzi for me. Wish i could be there.

what if you dont have a retro or faux retro bike?

where do the rides leave from? their site was a little mish mashed.

The website explicitly states you cant join the ride unless you're a hipster, oh well:

Modern Classic could cover a lot of ground. The SDR is destined to become a classic, job done...

I actually have to admire their dedication to keeping things true to the original intent. It would be easy to let the cruisers and ADV bikes take over to make it as big as possible, but then it's just motorcyclists in ties, which isn't the spirit of the original concept.

I wonder if my RC51 without the fairings could be called a bobber?

Modern Classic could cover a lot of ground. The SDR is destined to become a classic, job done...

I actually have to admire their dedication to keeping things true to the original intent. It would be easy to let the cruisers and ADV bikes take over to make it as big as possible, but then it's just motorcyclists in ties, which isn't the spirit of the original concept.

I wonder if my RC51 without the fairings could be called a bobber?
Will it be ready by then? Are you building it in a way where it could pass safety?

Will it be ready by then? Are you building it in a way where it could pass safety?
Definitely not to both questions. Behind schedule and over budget, not a good look for someone in the construction business but here we are.

It won't be streetable, but it'll be safer than some of the home jobs with chicken s**t welds that'll be on the ride!

I could probably have it running in a pinch, but the list keeps getting longer. Just ordered a coil on plug kit (stock coils go bad and fry the CDI, and because it's not an uncommon problem, replacement CDI boxes are expensive) and got a deal on a TSS slipper clutch. Valves are done, Power Commander V installed, TSR rearsets are on (more complex than expected, required tearing the rear brake master cylinder apart so I did a rebuild at the same time). Still waiting for the Apex GP clip-on bars, which is holding up finishing front brake assembly. Biggest remaining job is installing the Factory Pro shift star and slipper clutch. Oh, and decided the aged carbon Jardine cans weren't ideal as the link pipes were pretty dented, so ordered a new set from Hindle. Might get them to do a tune on the dyno when I pick it up.

Like I said, well behind schedule and way over budget. Good thing I love the bike...

Definitely not to both questions. Behind schedule and over budget, not a good look for someone in the construction business but here we are.

It won't be streetable, but it'll be safer than some of the home jobs with chicken s**t welds that'll be on the ride!

I could probably have it running in a pinch, but the list keeps getting longer. Just ordered a coil on plug kit (stock coils go bad and fry the CDI, and because it's not an uncommon problem, replacement CDI boxes are expensive) and got a deal on a TSS slipper clutch. Valves are done, Power Commander V installed, TSR rearsets are on (more complex than expected, required tearing the rear brake master cylinder apart so I did a rebuild at the same time). Still waiting for the Apex GP clip-on bars, which is holding up finishing front brake assembly. Biggest remaining job is installing the Factory Pro shift star and slipper clutch. Oh, and decided the aged carbon Jardine cans weren't ideal as the link pipes were pretty dented, so ordered a new set from Hindle. Might get them to do a tune on the dyno when I pick it up.

Like I said, well behind schedule and way over budget. Good thing I love the bike...
Change (or should I say ‘update’) the baseline schedule and budget....and you’re right back on schedule and budget!

Change (or should I say ‘update’) the baseline schedule and budget....and you’re right back on schedule and budget!
Ha! I don't know what you're talking about, I would never do such a thing (/heavy sarcasm voice)....

To be fair, the delays and overruns are mostly a product of constantly adding parts, so I guess they would be like change orders. If this were a construction project, the GC's boats would look like this:
1617277926224.png

Had a meeting once where the contractor stated ‘we’re on time and budget!’ And I snickered quietly ‘maybe version 20 of both’ ... didn’t go so well.

Today was the day for version 2022.
The weather didn't cooperate, the ride was cut short(er) because Active T.O. closed part of the route, but there was a good turnout anyway.
In spite of everything 365 riders registered, $100348 raised for men's health. Hats off to all who participated !

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me why ActiveTO is still happening? The city is open, tourism is a thing (and so is major construction which makes accessing the east end of the city difficult). Sorry for the rant, but this drives me insane!

Back
Top Bottom