Distinguished Gentleman's Ride 2021 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Distinguished Gentleman's Ride 2021

Can someone please explain to me why ActiveTO is still happening? The city is open, tourism is a thing (and so is major construction which makes accessing the east end of the city difficult). Sorry for the rant, but this drives me insane!
Gotta say, the number of cyclists over the pandemic has skyrocketed. But then you have runners too and families...

I think if people are still going in "droves" to activeTO, then there's a lack of space for people to do it safely aka there's a demand for it. Martin Goodman becomes a train wreck every weekend (or late afternoon when its nice out so the supply doesnt meet the demand) Also for some people, being able to cycle that path would also count as tourism. We have bike rentals all over and considering how unsafe our bike network is (compared to other networks in the world) This could feel like a good option/attraction.

I did a cycle tour in niagara last year, a while i'm a confident cyclist and don't mind riding on country roads with cars... a lot of people won't feel the same way. There's an industry for it and it could be bigger and better but we just don't have the infrastructure in place for it.

Back
Top Bottom