Dishonest service at Sturgess Cycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dishonest service at Sturgess Cycle

koorosh

I had a great sales experience which was fully negated with awful service experience there.

I rode almost 1.5 hour from Richmond Hill to them for my first service. Sturgess charged me for an exhaust cleaning service! which i never asked and authorized, but only inquired why residues were present on exhaust of a brand new bike. What makes them win the award of non-prfoessional service is neither service manager nor technician responded back to my phone call about the matter. Bunch of rookies and dishonest people in service department.

I had a great sales experience which was fully negated with awful service experience there.

I rode almost 1.5 hour from Richmond Hill to them for my first service. Sturgess charged me for an exhaust cleaning service! which i never asked and authorized, but only inquired why residues were present on exhaust of a brand new bike. What makes them win the award of non-prfoessional service is neither service manager nor technician responded back to my phone call about the matter. Bunch of rookies and dishonest people in service department.
How much did they charge you ?

Why didn't you deal with it when you picked the bike up?

Why didn't you deal with it when you picked the bike up?
Hi Gary,

Here is the liar part. I noticed a bit high bill amount but since it was my first service, was not sure. I asked Bill if they have charged me for exhaust cleaning and he said absolutely not. Once I got home, i noticed excessive labour charge and called him and then he said yes they charge me for it.

Last edited:
Probably too late now, but everyone should be familiar with the Consumer Protection Act. A repair facility has to have your authorization on an estimate (or you can sign off to decline an estimate) and the final charges cannot exceed 10% of the authorized amount.

Probably too late now, but everyone should be familiar with the Consumer Protection Act. A repair facility has to have your authorization on an estimate (or you can sign off to decline an estimate) and the final charges cannot exceed 10% of the authorized amount.
That is so true. Lesson learned. Now filling up internet with my review about them.

Last edited:
That is so true. Lesson learned. Now filling up internet with my review about them. Hope to make them bakrupt.
If you are going to the trouble, I would include additional information you have provided here (eg. no separate line item, conversation, etc). Your initial post is weak and I would pretty much ignore it. Your more detailed information gives me something to watch for if I go there for service. Pics of before/after would help too as well as how much money we are talking about.

45 minute of labour which is 100$ (tax-in).

There were some glue residues may be from factory on the exhaust header. I solely asked why they are there or what they recommend as the bike was brand new and should be clean. No healthy human pays 100$ to clean an exhaust, but they immediately went ahead with cleaning lol with no authroizarion from my side.

I have no before pic, but of course exhaust is cleaner now.

Last edited:
What’s involved in cleaning the exhaust residue?

Maybe a wipe with a rag

Pretty much. It is mostly labour.

I do not mind paying that 100$ as a charity payment, but not this way.

That is so true. Lesson learned. Now filling up internet with my review about them. Hope to make them bankrupt.
Doubt that you'll make them bankrupt, they're over 100 years old. You won't be the first and won't be the last.

I do think that it's not honest that they charged you something outside of the service without having an agreement on it. Normally you'd check to do additional work on it unless it's been agreed to beforehand. Now you did inquire about it but, if it hasn't been agreed upon that you'll pay for it, they should take care of that. I've been having to deal with them recently and i know that they're decently busy in the service dpt but so far have been relatively easy to deal with.
How long ago did this happen?

That is so true. Lesson learned. Now filling up internet with my review about them. Hope to make them bankrupt.

I hope you at least tried calling them and asking for an explanation and a refund before submitting a negative review.

What was their attitude when he admitted he charged you?

All I'm saying is did you give the place a chance to make it right.

The tone of your posts suggest you are running on high emotions

Attitude was that no, be happy you are not Ducati or bmw as you would be charged more.

All communications have been tried. So adamant owner, service manager, etc.

Lots of emails asking to give me even a service credit for next one and not refund, even though i do not want to see face of their service people.

Last edited:
Doubt that you'll make them bankrupt, they're over 100 years old. You won't be the first and won't be the last.

I do think that it's not honest that they charged you something outside of the service without having an agreement on it. Normally you'd check to do additional work on it unless it's been agreed to beforehand. Now you did inquire about it but, if it hasn't been agreed upon that you'll pay for it, they should take care of that. I've been having to deal with them recently and i know that they're decently busy in the service dpt but so far have been relatively easy to deal with.
How long ago did this happen?
It was last Saturday

I do have proof of all my statements in emails

Capture.JPG

Back
Top Bottom