Did you ever notice? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did you ever notice?

Low rider

Site Supporter
That you ride faster when it's colder?

When it's warm and nice, I'm in no hurry to get where I'm going.
But when it's cold and traction is less, I feel in more of a hurry to get where the H.E.L.L. I'm going.

Just when I should tone back the speeds a bit, I find myself riding a bit faster, just because I'm cold

Don't forget about wind friction warming you up at higher rates of speed. ( Don't believe me......Try it.)

I was hoping there would be an accompanying YouTube video to this thread.

When I rode out to the Cabot Trail my buddy noticed that when it was Daylight and nice out I rode normally and only a little over the limit, but when it got dark I started riding real fast. (regardless of all the night-time moose warnings)

I guess I just really wanted to go to bed.

I hear that when its cold i ride faster but only to a point after that its too cold and i start shaking

That you ride faster when it's colder?

Not me, I do quite the opposite to be honest. As far as the wind friction warming you up at higher speeds ..... my body (you might be different) says definitely NO. Maybe I am weird that way ... LOL

Your engine is cooler, more horsepower! :D

Seriously though.
All summer my bike was around 85-90 degrees while at speed.
Now it's around 80 at speed.
When I started riding in March, it was in the 75-79 range.

Don't forget about wind friction warming you up at higher rates of speed. ( Don't believe me......Try it.)

You mean wind burn? Where it's so cold it feels like it's burning but it's actually freezing your skin and causing damage?

The opposite for me. The colder it gets, the more I think, "your tires have no grip, your tires have no grip..." I can't physically deal with riding in temps below 12°C anyway. I get brain freeze easily and start making mistakes, so I park it.

Back
Top Bottom