Demo Ride Days 2022 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Demo Ride Days 2022

Jeez I've never seen gear rules this strict. Obviously the helmet/jacket/gloves is the norm, but riding pants too? Or are they just saying no shorts etc. Like long pants only. I don't even have riding pants.

Maybe because of people being used to COVID and working from home, I think they just want you to show up wearing pants? :unsure:

I'm guessing you can only book one and the rest is "depending on availability"
No. My experience from Ride for Sight and Mosport CSB weekends has seen the different brand open up their "pit" areas about 9ish. They have a slate of bikes that go out about every 30-40 minutes. If you get there early you can book a ride for almost every slot if you want. Chances are you can't though because others are also signing up. So after getting want you can from brand A move on to brand B's pop up and sign up something of interest in your remaining time slots.
It's very easy to get at least three rides if you want, probably more, but of course this is at an event you paid to get into and there is more to do and see than trying to introduce new bikes to the rev limiter in a group ride of various skill levels.

It might sell better if it wasn't so hideous, but to be fair HD has has been at it a while.
Saw my second on road PanAmerican. It's a toss up really which is uglier the beemer softail or the HD GS.

From GP Bikes:

get in touch with jeremy@gpbikes.com to register for the demo. He's our bike sales manager

Thanks. Sent him an email, and got this: "I am not in the store today, but you need to call in to make an appointment to ensure that everyone meets the licence and age requirements for insurance."

Called in and booked the 690 SMCR for 2pm.

You only get to demo 1 bike. They need to see your full M as well as a credit card, and they want you to show up 15 minutes prior to your booking to sign paperwork. And any long pants are fine, as opposed to shorts.

Forecast calls for some rain, hope it clears up by then!

Thanks. Sent him an email, and got this: "I am not in the store today, but you need to call in to make an appointment to ensure that everyone meets the licence and age requirements for insurance."

Called in and booked the 690 SMCR for 2pm.

You only get to demo 1 bike. They need to see your full M as well as a credit card, and they want you to show up 15 minutes prior to your booking to sign paperwork. And any long pants are fine, as opposed to shorts.

Forecast calls for some rain, hope it clears up by then!
You only get to reserve one test ride so that it leaves space for other people to book. Unless things have changed the past year or two you're free to take out as many bikes as there's space for on that date (which isn't known until the rides are happening). Your actions on that date and your rapport with the dealer go a long way as well.

As per the KTM day at GP, they take your credit card and if theres damage you're charged $2000. Booked the 690 SMC

As per the KTM day at GP, they take your credit card and if theres damage you're charged $2000. Booked the 690 SMC
What BS! They couldn't do the demo w/o insurance. I've demo'd dozens of bikes and that's never been the case.

Insurance comes with deductible, you know. The higher is deductible, the lower is insurance 🤷‍♂️
Thank you for stating the obvious. What's your point?
Why should KTM try to goon you when no other company does?

Didn't know Peak has expanded outside of Polaris/Indian ... is that for both the Barrie & Oakville locations?
Peak in Barrie is also BMW.

Reactions: LBV
What BS! They couldn't do the demo w/o insurance. I've demo'd dozens of bikes and that's never been the case.

First time I've ever heard of taking your CC to be honest. When a girl mentioned it on the phone I asked why because I was surprised. I've done 6-8 demo days, I love them.

Guess I should be careful.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom