Demo Ride Days 2022 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Demo Ride Days 2022

BMW advised it should be back this year.
They had them last year as well. Traveling rig full of bikes going dealer to dealer.
Edit. Should have read the posts. Some one already stated this.

Oh, I never considered test riding just for the sake of it. Which now that I think of it is weird considering I used to do that all the time with cars when I was younger, just never bikes.
And I'm the complete opposite. Absolutely no intention of buying new. It's just that if someone is going to let me flog a brand new bike, I hate to miss the opportunity and will gladly take a couple minutes to sign up.

They had them last year as well. Traveling rig full of bikes going dealer to dealer.
Edit. Should have read the posts. Some one already stated this.
Wolf bmw in London wanted me to jump through hoops for a test ride as I recall. I think they expected you to donate to a charity or something as well for the "privilege".

I miss the demo days here in Hamilton. Sturgess Cycle and Kelly's would always hold one years ago. I actually test rode two Bonnevilles on there last demo day and weeks later ended up buying one from that delaer. Great experience! Love for a return one day.

Wolf bmw in London wanted me to jump through hoops for a test ride as I recall. I think they expected you to donate to a charity or something as well for the "privilege".

BMW Demo group ride they request a charitable donation. I toss in $20. Not sure how this is a bad thing. Zero hard sell after rides as well. I’ve never even been contacted after.
Outside of a group demo, Mark (dealer principal) twice offered me to take a bike for a weekend to try out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss the demo days here in Hamilton. Sturgess Cycle and Kelly's would always hold one years ago. I actually test rode two Bonnevilles on there last demo day and weeks later ended up buying one from that delaer. Great experience! Love for a return one day.
We likely crossed paths at Sturgess. I don't think I missed a demo ride outta there.
Dewildt had the Honda hauler every yr.
Burl cycle, cycle city (as mentioned), but the best one I was ever on, was in Guelph.
It was a yami dealer and I got to wring out an R1, behind the leader, also on an R1.....think it was called Powersport Junction......where 2 wheel is now.

BMW Demo group ride they request a charitable donation. I toss in $20. Not sure how this is a bad thing. Zero hard sell after rides as well. I’ve never even been contacted after.
Outside of a group demo, Mark (dealer principal) twice offered me to take a bike for a weekend to try out.

Yep, when the demo fleet rolled through BMW Toronto, I also donated money to the charity they were representing. It's not a big deal. I got to ride 3 or 4 bikes that day.

I have no problem supporting a charity (but I'd rather it was my choice). But it was more than that. You couldn't show up, sign up and ride. The whole pre register thing felt cumbersome. Maybe I'm too used to demos at events where I can ride 3 or 4 different bikes from different manufacturers all in the course of a few hours with little more than signing up and picking a ride.

I guess it works the other way around too - if they don't have it in stock or can't get one in, then you can't buy one anyways.
You can always order one. And that's when the demo days come handy - they might have some unpopular (or too popular) models that are never in stock that you can test ride before placing an order.

Some do. Obviously not the beemers, there just isn't enough lipstick for those.....

Funny story: I call in sick on Friday and head to Ride for Sight back when the "hot" demos were to be had on the Friday. Sure enough it's a spirited ride and I'm just be hind the leader. He pulls up to a stop sign and hollers back "How's that pace working for ya?"
I reply back in all honesty "Best sick day ever!"

Hope the leader was not your HR or boss though.

GP Bikes and Apex will let you demo anything they have. No need to wait for any special "Demo Day", although they also have those for people who don't know.
I asked to demo the bike I purchased from GP Bikes this year. They said no.

I love how clicking on BOOK TODAY takes you to the GP web site, but there is absolutely no mention of this anywhere or how to sign up. I wouldn't mind trying out a 690 SMCR.
I can't find it on the site. Maybe you need to call.

One booking per day? That sucks. At rallies with demos you can book as many as you can squeeze in. I've done 3 or 4 in a day.

One booking per day? That sucks. At rallies with demos you can book as many as you can squeeze in. I've done 3 or 4 in a day.
I'm guessing you can only book one and the rest is "depending on availability"

Back
Top Bottom