Demo Ride Days 2022 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Demo Ride Days 2022

I check both manufacturer and dealer sites for demo days, and find it almost non existent (save for your local weekly onsite HD hooligan meet up).

Then when i browse the US events, ouch... night and day difference.

I check both manufacturer and dealer sites for demo days, and find it almost non existent (save for your local weekly onsite HD hooligan meet up).

Then when i browse the US events, ouch... night and day difference.
Typically comes down to insurance.

Might come down to stock this year, why put a bike out to demo when it's already sold. You want people to demo them so they can buy them, but if you have low inventory....
Dealers in this province aren’t given demo models for the most part. But you’re correct.

Might come down to stock this year, why put a bike out to demo when it's already sold. You want people to demo them so they can buy them, but if you have low inventory....
Yeah i put down a deposit and purchased a bike without even seeing it in person last year. One of the bigger leaps of faith ive done in my life.

Now some people do that with houses, i dont know how they do it.

GP Bikes and Apex will let you demo anything they have. No need to wait for any special "Demo Day", although they also have those for people who don't know.

KTM says they plan on doing a demo day, but no info on when/where yet

Events like Ride for Sight and the Superbike races at Mosport often have a fleet of demos from a range of manufacturers. I've introduced lots of bikes to the rev limiter through both these avenues. If you're there early (they start about 10am) you can usually book 3 or 4 rides through the day.

Events like Ride for Sight and the Superbike races at Mosport often have a fleet of demos from a range of manufacturers. I've introduced lots of bikes to the rev limiter through both these avenues. If you're there early (they start about 10am) you can usually book 3 or 4 rides through the day.
To a KLR doesn’t everything feel like a super bike? 🤪

To a KLR doesn’t everything feel like a super bike? 🤪
Some do. Obviously not the beemers, there just isn't enough lipstick for those.....

Funny story: I call in sick on Friday and head to Ride for Sight back when the "hot" demos were to be had on the Friday. Sure enough it's a spirited ride and I'm just be hind the leader. He pulls up to a stop sign and hollers back "How's that pace working for ya?"
I reply back in all honesty "Best sick day ever!"

GP Bikes and Apex will let you demo anything they have. No need to wait for any special "Demo Day", although they also have those for people who don't know.
But if they don't have it - they don't have it, like any other dealer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I usually try and wait for actual demo day rides, so I feel less bad about being a complete time waster just wanting to try out new stuff to one day buy it 5 years old LOL. Don't think I would go into a dealer and ask a tester with no real intention to buy that model. I just like riding everything once.

The manufacturer based demo days are great for this, I miss them.

I usually try and wait for actual demo day rides, so I feel less bad about being a complete time waster just wanting to try out new stuff to one day buy it 5 years old LOL. Don't think I would go into a dealer and ask a tester with no real intention to buy that model. I just like riding everything once.

It made me realize that i didnt "need" to upgrade, it basically cured that itch.
I still wanted to but i didnt feel as bad about it lol

But if they don't have it - they don't have it, like any other dealer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I guess it works the other way around too - if they don't have it in stock or can't get one in, then you can't buy one anyways.

Word out this way in the west end is that a Demo ride day in around the mid 2000's and hosted by Cycle City in Burlington ended up with injury claims such that they weren't insurable afterwards and as a result forced the dealership to close.

It was sad cuz they were an established Yamaha and Suzuki dealer for over 30yrs.

Oh, I never considered test riding just for the sake of it. Which now that I think of it is weird considering I used to do that all the time with cars when I was younger, just never bikes.

Word out this way in the west end is that a Demo ride day in around the mid 2000's and hosted by Cycle City in Burlington ended up with injury claims such that they weren't insurable afterwards and as a result forced the dealership to close.

It was sad cuz they were an established Yamaha and Suzuki dealer for over 30yrs.

I liked how they always had some cool grey market bikes for sale in the "basement".

Back
Top Bottom