Dean Blundell show suspended | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dean Blundell show suspended

Its about time...their show's been going downhill over the last few months and even though I don't know Dean he just seems like an *******...but hey he might be a nice guy off air.

Good riddance.

Will be interesting to see if they consider it a mistrial now.

With Justice Faye E Mcwatt, pfft. Yeah right. How would his comments after the verdict affect the jury before the verdict was decided? Our conservative appeal court would likely pass up the opportunity to order a new trial, even though there is always the 'what if' straws the defence lawyer is grasping for.

Its about time...their show's been going downhill over the last few months and even though I don't know Dean he just seems like an *******...but hey he might be a nice guy off air.

There are enough of posts about him suggesting that he's an arrogant p$ick off air as well.

Whatever happened to Toddy Tickles after he was let go?

With Justice Faye E Mcwatt, pfft. Yeah right. How would his comments after the verdict affect the jury before the verdict was decided? Our conservative appeal court would likely pass up the opportunity to order a new trial, even though there is always the 'what if' straws the defence lawyer is grasping for.
His comments show a bias against homosexual men. Had that bias been known previous to the trial, he would not have been on that jury.

i read the transcript a week ago and it didn't seem like the producer was saying much, just kind of answering questions posed by Blundel.... didn't seem like anything to cry about, just the usual low-brow humour they're known for...

pretty lame that the defence is aiming for a mistrial based on this... can't make a joke about anything these days without someone being butt-hurt.... in this case, pun intended

You can't be making crude homophobic jokes on a widely listened to radio show. You just can't. ESPECIALLY in Toronto.

Looks like Dean finally went too far and ****** off Corus

You can't be making crude homophobic jokes on a widely listened to radio show. You just can't. ESPECIALLY in Toronto.

Looks like Dean finally went too far and ****** off Corus

Why not? Since when do we have a right not to be offended?

If you don't like it then turn it off.

Why not? Since when do we have a right not to be offended?

If you don't like it then turn it off.

Let me rephrase: You can't get away with/it is inadvisable to make crude homophobic jokes on a widely listened to radio show in Toronto. I loved Wha happen? Wasn't a fan of Dean though.

Let me rephrase: You can't get away with/it is inadvisable to make crude homophobic jokes on a widely listened to radio show in Toronto. I loved Wha happen? Wasn't a fan of Dean though.

the only reason this is a big deal is because of the trial... otherwise this wouldn't be a blip on anyone's radar as it is certainly not the first time they've made fun of homosexuals. I assume this is the only reason they're suspended, the whole trial mess.

They have made waaaaay worse jokes on there about (insert subject)

the only reason this is a big deal is because of the trial... otherwise this wouldn't be a blip on anyone's radar as it is certainly not the first time they've made fun of homosexuals. I assume this is the only reason they're suspended, the whole trial mess.

They have made waaaaay worse jokes on there about (insert subject)

Yeah but instead of pissing off a couple soccer moms and grandparents who complained, they ****** off their parent company who suspended them.

Yeah but instead of pissing off a couple soccer moms and grandparents who complained, they ****** off their parent company who suspended them.

only because it's now a legal matter, not because they made fun of gay sex...that's my point

His comments show a bias against homosexual men. Had that bias been known previous to the trial, he would not have been on that jury.

You won't be able prove bias before the fact, just that a Juror made some inappropriate comments after the verdict; Which wouldn't make a difference if Canada would just update it's outdated laws about what a juror can discuss after the trial.

The Ontario court of appeal says jurors are "reasonable and intelligent people..." and can't be influenced even by the comment's made by the trial judge.

To suggest otherwise is “to assume a degree of irresponsibility and irrationality incompatible with the important function of the jury,” wrote Justice Doherty

Last edited:
lol, no wonder they finally started playing decent music in the mornings... about time they suspended those dickwads

Funny. I haven't listened to 102.1 the edge since I listened to 99.9. After hearing Dean ***** about Mad Dog I decided to switch for a day and see how bad he really was. Well guess that backfired cause Dean was/is worse.

Back
Top Bottom