Daytona 200 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daytona 200

Tonto

A huge congratulation to Ben Young and the whole FOGI Racing team for an outstanding showing at Daytona yesterday- after throwing a rod on the 'A' bike in qualifying, he was able to work his way through the pack and finish a respectable 20th place in the 40+ rider grid. These are the kids , AMA pro riders that we all aspire to be like- Show your support for him gang by going to his page http://www.facebook.com/BenYoungRacing and give it a like, or better still, let him know how you feel!

That is an incredable accomplishment. Most do not realize how mentally overwhelming,mechanically demanding and physically exhausting this event is. You work so hard and just think it's all going well and you get passed on the banking like you're towing an anchor. You then go back to the pits and try to figure now they go so fast. The top ten riders have awsome equipment and NOTHING at Daytona beats flat out horsepower. So Ben did Canada proud and to finish is just a big deal to place top 20 is incredable!
Kudos goes to this young man,,I'll bet he's sore today and hopefully on the beach! Way to go Ben! And thanks to FOGI and Tim Horton's Sudbury for making this happen!

Well said John. Conrats to the Fogi team.

Way to go Ben!
Ben in AMA, Brett in WSBK. This is getting good.

Way to go Ben!
Ben in AMA, Brett in WSBK. This is getting good.

Don't forget these two guys...Darren James is doing all the AMA XR1200 rounds and Kenny Riedmann on his Triumph 675r in select AMA Daytona Sportbike Class...yes it is getting good!

DarrenKenny.jpg

I was part of his crew in Daytona, and I was amazed with Ben's performance. This is a kid to watch. He turned his fastest lap times near the end of his 57 laps - he got off his bike at the end of his race cool as a cucumber, not even a bead of sweat on his forehead. When I asked him how he felt - "I could go another 10 laps".

To place 20th in his first Daytona 200 on his 'B' bike is a huge accomplishment. Congrats Ben!

You guys did awesome Ravo. Even with Chemello's help hahahaha. Racing Daytona is harder on equipment than the rider, lots of time to rest on the banking. Last time I raced there I did 65 laps before I lowsided on the infield while waiting for the fuel light to come on (SV650 go forever). The year before my 1000 wouldnt go beyond 45min and even an old fat guy like me had no problem running that long. Being as young as Ben I am not surprised he could run the race and still chase skirts afterwards. The kid has some great talent and its great to see his crew is also top notch.

Back
Top Bottom