Daily sports car? | Page 72 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

There is so much awesome cars coming out for 23.

The new GR Corolla, GR86/BRZ, The new Z, MT Supra, the new Type R. The options are unbelievable.

I had the 21 WRX but sold it recently, probably the stupidest thing I did, I went back to a commuter car to save more money. I keep thinking about trading my commuter for something sporty but I have to work hard to quash these thoughts. lol.

The new GR Corolla, GR86/BRZ, The new Z, MT Supra, the new Type R. The options are unbelievable.

I had the 21 WRX but sold it recently, probably the stupidest thing I did, I went back to a commuter car to save more money. I keep thinking about trading my commuter for something sporty but I have to work hard to quash these thoughts. lol.
Haha this is me. Sold my 2019 WRX for the commuter Volt.

Love the gas savings.

Hate the car.

everytime i see a C7 Z06 i think..why not..then i remember i'd almost never drive the damn thing. if its nice i'm on 2 and i'm not driving that thing in the winter.

whomp whomp

I traded mine in (for a bike).
Regrets?
Yes. That (stupid) move cost me $45K, minimum, going by today's pricing.
In hindsight, I wish I had stored it.
don't worry, people will come back to earth eventually. just pretend it was a bad dream.

when i price out a C8 on the dealer website new for $109k and i see the same car selling for $135 on dealer lots..with 8,000km and a few years old..you know the world has lost its mind.

don't worry, people will come back to earth eventually. just pretend it was a bad dream.

when i price out a C8 on the dealer website new for $109k and i see the same car selling for $135 on dealer lots..with 8,000km and a few years old..you know the world has lost its mind.
Supply and demand. You can order a new one from GM and wait 3-5 years for it or since you're balling, what's an extra 15-20K to have it now?

Supply and demand. You can order a new one from GM and wait 3-5 years for it or since you're balling, what's an extra 15-20K to have it now?
have to disagree, this is pure greed.

have to disagree, this is pure greed.
Supply and demand is the same as greed just stately in a friendlier sounding way. If supply is tight relative to demand, prices keep climbing until they match. Dealer was happy to sell the car at 109 but since demand allows, they will be much happier to sell the car at 135. The only way to try to affect the system is what you are doing. If enough people walk away, demand drops and prices along with it.

Supply and demand is the same as greed just stately in a friendlier sounding way. If supply is tight relative to demand, prices keep climbing until they match. Dealer was happy to sell the car at 109 but since demand allows, they will be much happier to sell the car at 135. The only way to try to affect the system is what you are doing. If enough people walk away, demand drops and prices along with it.
sure that's a given.

let them take a small markup, make some profit which cost them nothing but floorspace and get on with it. Nope. gouge peoples eyeballs out for 30 grand extra just because. I'm reminded of the markups in the U.S. when the Type R landed and how many dealerships got boycotted because of it. I hope people do the same here, tbh.

sure that's a given.

let them take a small markup, make some profit which cost them nothing but floorspace and get on with it. Nope. gouge peoples eyeballs out for 30 grand extra just because. I'm reminded of the markups in the U.S. when the Type R landed and how many dealerships got boycotted because of it. I hope people do the same here, tbh.
But small markup isn't supply and demand sadly. There are two curves, they try to make them match. Now, they could ignore the curves and aim to cultivate loyal customers. That would line up with your expectations. I'm not sure how that works out for the business long-term. It takes quite a few additional sales in the future to make up for 20K that you could have had now. I suspect most buyers don't get enough cars to make it better financially for the dealership to delay gratification.

But small markup isn't supply and demand sadly. There are two curves, they try to make them match. Now, they could ignore the curves and aim to cultivate loyal customers. That would line up with your expectations. I'm not sure how that works out for the business long-term. It takes quite a few additional sales in the future to make up for 20K that you could have had now. I suspect most buyers don't get enough cars to make it better financially for the dealership to delay gratification.
30% markup on a used vehicle, let's not forget it's selling ABOVE MSRP does not sit well with me.

Is it really greed if people are lining up to buy it at the inflated price? I’m all for boycotting businesses that gouge…

But who’s the greedy one here?

Dealership for selling at inflated price?
Customer who needs that car TODAY and is willing to pay?

If I was selling something for $1000 and people were willing to give me $2000 for that product…who’s the idiot?

So long as people keep paying for material, housing, cars, motorcycles and everything else that is a want…that’s on the customer.

Is it really greed if people are lining up to buy it at the inflated price? I’m all for boycotting businesses that gouge…

But who’s the greedy one here?

Dealership for selling at inflated price?
Customer who needs that car TODAY and is willing to pay?

If I was selling something for $1000 and people were willing to give me $2000 for that product…who’s the idiot?

So long as people keep paying for material, housing, cars, motorcycles and everything else that is a want…that’s on the customer.
oh certainly, the consumer has culpability in this situation to be sure.

but likewise, no one's putting a gun to the sales managers head.

anywho, no need to further derail.

got it off my chest :)

oh certainly, the consumer has culpability in this situation to be sure.

but likewise, no one's putting a gun to the sales managers head.

anywho, no need to further derail.

got it off my chest :)
If the demand stopped tomorrow….that car would be 95k within a week.

If the demand stopped tomorrow….that car would be 95k within a week.
nah, too many toronto land barons blowing their HELOCS on dumb ****.

:D :sneaky:

The tide seems to be turning, interests rates have gone up, no more bidding wars on homes, and used bike prices at least, seem to be more reasonable lately.

Im sure it will affect the car market as well.

Get one before luxury tax fires up, if that matters.

Back
Top Bottom