Daily sports car? | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Daily sports car?

Rumours floating around are cdn $95 - $115K.
Z06 likely available in '22.

The base model will be $70k CAD up here according to the announcements. I can't imagine the Z51 package being $25k considering it's only $6k on the C7.

I just configured a C7 with 2LT, Z51, magnetic ride, and a couple other little things, and the total was $85. Assuming most of those options will be the same price, the C8 should come out to $91k the way I would want it. So let's say $100k to be generous.

The base model will be $70k CAD up here according to the announcements. I can't imagine the Z51 package being $25k considering it's only $6k on the C7.
Z51 pkg - $12,347
Perf Exhaust - $1995
Exposed CF pkg - $9800
Wheels - $3800
3LT - $5700
CF interior pkg - $1995
Comp Seats - $3800.... add suede $995
Fr end / nose lift - $3500
PDR - $1495

Other **** under a grand....painted calipers $600, black CF mirrors, most exterior colours are $600, colour matched seat belts $300, some int colours are considered 'custom' - extra $700, etc, etc.

IOW....it won't take too many goodies to reach $100K.
Cdn pricing due August 20th.

Is that inside info, because I haven't seen anything remotely detailed. And some of those options they made it sound like they were included, such as the front end lift and the performance exhaust being part of Z51.

Looks like a new NSX.
For 30% of the money. IMO, I would like this more than the NSX at even money (and they aren't even close). I still want to hear the C8 though. If they were to do a flat plane crank, omg. That would put a hurting on the Italians. Even going slow, a flat plane V8 makes me very happy.

Needs a stick shift.

And also needs to lose about about 200 lbs and 6" in length.

But beautiful design though. Wouldn't kick it out of the garage for eating crackers.

Manual transmission wont do 0-60 in under 3 seconds. The dual clutch was an excellent choice, paddle shifters that are responsive are fantastic, I'll take them over a classic gated any day on a PERFORMANCE car

While I appreciate physical buttons and hate touch screen controls, the line of almost 20 buttons is no better. Not an epic fail, it just could be done better.

Manual transmission wont do 0-60 in under 3 seconds. The dual clutch was an excellent choice, paddle shifters that are responsive are fantastic, I'll take them over a classic gated any day on a PERFORMANCE car

Don't care. I'm not racing for trophies or pink slips. If I lose a tenth or two on my way to HTA 172, you can be sure I'll be doing it while rowing through the gears with a smile on my face and not pulling paddles like I'm playing a video game.

Don't care. I'm not racing for trophies or pink slips. If I lose a tenth or two on my way to HTA 172, you can be sure I'll be doing it while rowing through the gears with a smile on my face and not pulling paddles like I'm playing a video game.
A stick for the base and paddles for Z51 would make sense. Probably not worth the engineering cost to design the standard though. Uptake rates on standard vehicles are horrendously low.

The reality is that most people aren't buying manuals. It has become a niche market, and it's harder to design all of the electronics around a manual rather than the computer-managed transmission. Companies have found that they're not losing sales by dropping them, or at least not enough sales to counter the costs of including it in the first place; most people that are interested in a specific car will pick that car based on the transmission type (or at least actual buyers, not people on internet forums).

I like driving manuals, but have accepted that they're on the way out. In the end, if I'm happy with a car even with a non-manual transmission, I'm happy, and it's about more than shaking around a knob for me.

Manual transmission wont do 0-60 in under 3 seconds.

I'd rather sacrifice a few tenths in a hypothetical 0-60 race for the pure enjoyment of rowing my own gears and working that 3rd pedal in just about every other driving situation (save, perhaps, a hellish commute in stop-n-go traffic.)

I'd rather sacrifice a few tenths in a hypothetical 0-60 race for the pure enjoyment of rowing my own gears and working that 3rd pedal in just about every other driving situation (save, perhaps, a hellish commute in stop-n-go traffic.)
They'd also need to redesign the interior. The way it looks now, I doubt they could get a shifter in, the entire console needs to be drastically lowered.

Responsive paddles are a lot of fun; I was dead set against them until I drove some cars with some fantastic gearboxes.
I do agree on the interior bit, that row of HVAC buttons just looks odd. I'm also curious how regular maintenance is vs a traditional front engine mount.

Back
Top Bottom