Cyclist taken out | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cyclist taken out

kwtoxman

Cyclist hit and run

Saw this. Crazy. The context of the road and area makes it more flagrant, and the comments on the youtube page even crazier. A sign of the times we live in. A lot of people really hate bicycle riders.

[video=youtube;ZgXoM7wR4jc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgXoM7wR4jc[/video]

http://wtvr.com/2017/07/10/bicyclist-hit-and-run/
http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...and-run-driver-say-sim-good-person/466206001/
https://patch.com/tennessee/frankli...an-charged-natchez-trace-hit-run-caught-video

"When the police came and asked me what happened, I said, 'I don’t know.' There was a guy there maybe and I remember he was standing there and I said maybe he threw his bike at me," Neely said Monday afternoon. "Obviously, the video shows otherwise. I did not see the man. There were things going on all over the place. If you want, go look on my car, it’s been impounded. There’s not a scratch on my car."

All over the road
https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/safety-sign-med-1024x733.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Cyclist hit and run

Well thank God for video cams. Another lying psychopath removed from the road. The guy who did this to a motorcycle last year got 15 years I think. His excuse is laughable. Threw the bike at him, lol. Throw him in jail and give him a 20 year driving ban for attempted murder.

I only watched the short video. I suspect the volvo driver saw the pickup ahead move left but thought it was one cyclist - not seeing the 2nd cyclist riding to the left of the first.

it's the Volvo driver's fault, but the cyclist hit would most likely have avoided this by riding in-line with the other cyclist vs side-by-side.

Wow at most of the comments. People that believe someone should be killed for delaying them 10 seconds don't deserve to be part of a civilized society.

Wow at most of the comments. People that believe someone should be killed for delaying them 10 seconds don't deserve to be part of a civilized society.

More people should harass the government into cracking down on the cyclists. Attempted murder isn't the way to fix things.

If i'm not mistaken the article noted that the area where the cyclists were riding is some sort of Federal park where cyclists are allowed to ride side by side or take up a lane. Even though if it was me I would still ride single file. But in this case legally the cyclists did nothing wrong. I'm surprised the driver didn't get charged with something like attempted vehicular manslaughter. It looks clear to me he tried to run the cyclist over. The pick up truck pass the cyclists way before this happened and moved over an entire lane. There is no excuse for the Volvo driver to not see them. I bet his only regret is not knowing the other cyclist had a video camera. He tried to get away with what he did.

Last edited:

Interesting that it's a double line.

Not sure how the driver missed seeing the bike, was he texting?
"There were things going on all over the place."

Signs only say that cyclists may use full lane, not ride side by each chit chatting.

Last edited:

There is no excuse for the Volvo driver to not see them.

100% correct!!!

BUT... I imagine that there are hundreds of collisions across NA every day were a car or truck moves over to pass an obstruction (stopped/turning car, debris in roadway, etc) and the vehicle behind collides with the obstruction.

Very risky to be riding a bicycle two-abreast due to this, even if you are 100% in the right. How does that saying go? 100% in the right but dead wrong?

100% correct!!! BUT... I imagine that there are hundreds of collisions across NA every day were a car or truck moves over to pass an obstruction (stopped/turning car, debris in roadway, etc) and the vehicle behind collides with the obstruction. Very risky to be riding a bicycle two-abreast due to this, even if you are 100% in the right. How does that saying go? 100% in the right but dead wrong?
I believe it goes "He was dead right".

In the video the car is clearly at fault, even if the cyclist is being a bit of an *** by riding side by side and holding up traffic.

That said, just walking to get lunch today I saw a cyclist run into the side of a left-turning car at College & Spadina. Came along College, cut between the curb and a right-hand turning car, then into the side of the bumper of a car turning northbound onto Spadina. Cyclist was livid at the driver, but honestly there was no way they could have seen him racing up and around the other car. Not to mention the cyclist hit the car, vs the other way around (otherwise he wouldn't have impacted the side of the vehicle).

As always, play stupid games...win stupid prizes.

Could wearing high vis clothing been of any help?

Not to give the driver any excuse. Totally in the wrong.

The rider was wearing all black on a black bicycle and might have been hard to see with no contrast?

In reality, the driver must have been drunk or texting or distracted.

I find riding a bicycle more dangerous than a motorcycle. Cars tend not to give any space when passing etc.

I understand riding side by side to give each other the entire lane. I expect if they were in single file, the Volvo would have clipped them both instead of just one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could wearing high vis clothing been of any help?

Not to give the driver any excuse. Totally in the wrong.

The rider was wearing all black on a black bicycle and might have been hard to see with no contrast?

In reality, the driver must have been drunk or texting or distracted.

I find riding a bicycle more dangerous than a motorcycle. Cars tend not to give any space when passing etc.

I understand riding side by side to give each other the entire lane. I expect if they were in single file, the Volvo would have clipped them both instead of just one.
It was intentional, you can tell because he didn't stop or slow down or react in any way, just plowed straight through after the car ahead clearly went all the way into the other lane.

He was angry that his righteous way was impeded for 10 seconds by a smug lane hogging cyclist. People can do crazy things when they're angry.

It was intentional, you can tell because he didn't stop or slow down or react in any way, just plowed straight through after the car ahead clearly went all the way into the other lane.

He was angry that his righteous way was impeded for 10 seconds by a smug lane hogging cyclist. People can do crazy things when they're angry.

I can never be that certain about people's motivations. Usually, they're not thinking that clearly, if at all.

This bicycle person was completely in the wrong!

They were riding at the centre line of the roadway, not the right edge of the roadway where he should have been. No sympathy.

Aye, but that still doesn't justify hitting them, and we also don't know if that specific road (which is on Federal US property) has any law requiring cyclists to ride single file on the right. If it does ...

Cyclist deserves a minor ticket for not riding single file.

Car driver deserves hit & run, possibly assault, AND failure to share roadway.

This bicycle person was completely in the wrong!

They were riding at the centre line of the roadway, not the right edge of the roadway where he should have been. No sympathy.
Dunno what part of the world you're from, but in the West we frown upon arbitrarily attempting manslaugter against anyone who's done something wrong.

Anyone else notice the honking at 0:05, just before the pickup passed? The cyclist even turned to look at the truck having to pass in a double yellow (not really HAVING to pass, but doing so) and still didn't move his inconsiderate butt over so vehicles wouldn't have to pass like that. I'm not saying what the Volvo driver did was right, but by no means is the cyclist an innocent in this situation. Just because the cyclist is legislatively allowed to take up a full lane doesn't mean they have to or should. It wasn't just the Volvo driver that was self-righteous.

Bicyclist didn't deserve to get hit so don't construe my comments as support for the car driver in any fashion, but one must admit that riding side by side like that and basically intentionally hosing traffic is a total ********* thing to do. At best it causes traffic to backup unnecessarily because the self absorbed cyclist couldn't care less about others. At worst, someone inattentive hits you, or worse yet it causes roadrage and this sort of thing happens.

Right or not, if you're dead it doesn't matter.

This isn't a question of who was at fault here folks. The bike was absolutely within the confines of the law. This was another clear case of a guy with a bad temper almost killing someone because they were in the way. Not sure if anyone has noticed, but car drivers think they should be the only ones on the road and everyone else is a PITA. That includes bicycles, motorcycles and trucks. This man blatantly lied and told the police the bike rider threw his bike at him, then he found out there was a vid. He is a criminal who belongs in jail.

Back
Top Bottom