Cryptocurrency is the future - NOT. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cryptocurrency is the future - NOT.

PP is an idiot and O'Leary is a douche.
Why do the Conservatives continue to shoot themselves in the foot? I'm not sure what to lampoon PP for more... Cryptocurrency or photo ops with the Convoy nutters?

Either way I strongly suspect PP is going to be rejected by swing voters in the 905 and 416 area codes.

I was hopeful the Conservatives would have elected someone like Charest to be their leader. I don't know what the party is thinking.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Why do the Conservatives continue to shoot themselves in the foot? I'm not sure what to lampoon PP for more... Cryptocurrency or photo ops with the Convoy nutters?

Either way I strongly suspect PP is going to be rejected by swing voters in the 905 and 416 area codes.

I was hopeful the Conservatives would have elected someone like Charest to be their leader. I don't know what the party is thinking.

Uh huh, do you forget about his skeletons? The rest of us haven't.

He leans to far left to be leader anyways.

O’Leary has made an enormous amount of money , using other peoples money , and many of them have gotten rich following along .
The crypto caught some smart people , they are still millionaires, just a bit lighter . The ones that shouldn’t have been invested at all are ‘victims’ .
FTX was pretty much a complete sham ,but lottery tickets also keep selling.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I liked PP when he was ripping JT apart but when he backed the yahoos I began to see the party splitting like it did under O'Toole. JT again??

I liked PP when he was ripping JT apart but when he backed the yahoos I began to see the party splitting like it did under O'Toole. JT again??
JT again? Unless he has hubris he will step aside. It is time for a change.

If there were a "moderate" leading the Conservatives and I knew that they would avoid social conservative issues then I would likely give them my vote next time around.

I don't know what it is with Liberal governments. They really fall into scandal and patronage issues after a couple of mandates.

Meanwhile the Conservatives are stepping on their own feet and preparing to snatch victory away from themselves. I hope they find what they are looking for as they court the PPC vote and go after Bernier's votors instead of the middle/swing votors they should be courting. I guess they must love having their leader live in Stornaway.

Last edited:
JT has outlived his effectiveness, but I don’t think his ego would let him leave . I hope I’m wrong , PP has been very entertaining but he is not a prime minister. Being the court jester is effective in that court , on the world stage he would be largely ignored .
I can’t for the life of me see what is wrong with the Cons and finding a leader that can lead .

JT has outlived his effectiveness, but I don’t think his ego would let him leave . I hope I’m wrong , PP has been very entertaining but he is not a prime minister. Being the court jester is effective in that court , on the world stage he would be largely ignored .
I can’t for the life of me see what is wrong with the Cons and finding a leader that can lead .

JT has recently said he wasn't stepping down. PP is good for working the crowd but not the long haul. He crafts a gungo ho speech about progress being impeded but reading between the lines one has to ask if that means no environmental studies.

The problem with the Con's finding a leader is more in the congregation than the pulpit. They've agreed on what's for dinner but everyone wants to use their own mother's recipe.

The NDP prays for another minority so they can have some semblance of power.

Many other articles saying he bought this NFT with his own money, this one has a quote saying it was gifted to him as part of promotional advertising by the company. Kind of like Kevin O'leary crying about the millions he "lost" with FTX when in fact it was all given to him to promote the platform. Either way, I think the value is closer to 0 right now.

Many other articles saying he bought this NFT with his own money, this one has a quote saying it was gifted to him as part of promotional advertising by the company. Kind of like Kevin O'leary crying about the millions he "lost" with FTX when in fact it was all given to him to promote the platform. Either way, I think the value is closer to 0 right now.

It will be interesting to learn more about how the CRA deals with this hooey. If he was "gifted" $1.3M, that would be taxable income and he would have to give the government about half. Is an NFT an investment that you can declare a loss on? If not, he would have (should have) paid ~$650K in tax to own an item that is worth a tenth of that now. If he can declare the investment loss of 1.2M, that unwinds much of the tax (still not all though as he is getting capital gains credits and paid income tax).

It will be interesting to learn more about how the CRA deals with this hooey. If he was "gifted" $1.3M, that would be taxable income and he would have to give the government about half. Is an NFT an investment that you can declare a loss on? If not, he would have (should have) paid ~$650K in tax to own an item that is worth a tenth of that now. If he can declare the investment loss of 1.2M, that unwinds much of the tax (still not all though as he is getting capital gains credits and paid income tax).
Gifting is an interesting term. An individual can gift another individual fairly openly. A gift from or to a company is a payment and taxes kick in. "I'll gift you $50,000 if you gift me a new car" doesn't work.

Bartering comes up every once in a while. I'm not sure where that is now as there were bartering sites on the net.

Gifting is an interesting term. An individual can gift another individual fairly openly. A gift from or to a company is a payment and taxes kick in. "I'll gift you $50,000 if you gift me a new car" doesn't work.

Bartering comes up every once in a while. I'm not sure where that is now as there were bartering sites on the net.
CRA is pretty clear on bartering, you are supposed to declare fmv and pay income tax. Obviously the vast majority of people bartering do not do that.

Back
Top Bottom