Crazy lady in florida | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Crazy lady in florida

Not defending the librarian, but we have no idea what initially instigated the situation. I’m reminded of the Range Rover/biker gang altercation in NYC, Hollywood Stuntz gang assault - Wikipedia

The bottom line is a pregnant woman is dead, a kid left without a mother, a man left without his fiancee. There are victims here that will have to deal with this event for the rest of their lives.
Considering it wasn't just the biker that followed her but a couple of witnesses too, I'm guessing it was her probably merging without looking or something. She probably didn't even know what she did and just saw a bunch of people honking and following her home. Most people are oblivious to the world around them.

Considering it wasn't just the biker that followed her but a couple of witnesses too, I'm guessing it was her probably merging without looking or something. She probably didn't even know what she did and just saw a bunch of people honking and following her home. Most people are oblivious to the world around them.

Whether in this case or not, your statement is very true. Most people are oblivious to the world around them.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Whether in this case or not, your statement is very true. Most people are oblivious to the world around them.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I see this when trying to talk to someone walking down the street. Most people aren’t even aware you’re there. When you say hi or how’s it going, they often look like you’ve woken them from a dream.
So wrapped up in their world. Often there are legit reasons for it...but it is a bit scary when they’re operating a vehicle.

I see this when trying to talk to someone walking down the street. Most people aren’t even aware you’re there. When you say hi or how’s it going, they often look like you’ve woken them from a dream.
So wrapped up in their world. Often there are legit reasons for it...but it is a bit scary when they’re operating a vehicle.
I find a lot of people are overwhelmed and stuck in a rut, most have no clue how to get out of it.

They spend the day in lala land thinking of a better life or what if i had done something different.

Most are not focused on today and how to deal with today problems

I find a lot of people are overwhelmed and stuck in a rut, most have no clue how to get out of it.

They spend the day in lala land thinking of a better life or what if i had done something different.

Most are not focused on today and how to deal with today problems
TS I think that's profound.

Last edited:
How long did they let the poor sod lay there w/o trying to apply some basic first aid. Just whack. But honestly who keeps fighting after somebody gets a gun.

Years ago I was mugged in Chicago by two black guys (sorry but that's just the truth). The one guy threatened to shoot but I never saw a gun and kind of doubt they had one. I handed over my wallet in a heartbeat. And it still beats today.
It was anywhere from 2-5min according to some reports that were mentioned...but who knows. 2-5min before you notice, +10min for first responders = not a good chance of survival from 2 gunshot wounds at close range.

I've been lucky. Never been mugged, but when I was jumped it was 3 on 1 so had my ass handed to me.

I was frustrated and the cop told me straight up 'What're you upset about? 3 guys jumped you and you're still alive...it's a good day'

That changed my outlook. Someone wants my wallet? Car? watch? No problem...have it.

It was anywhere from 2-5min according to some reports that were mentioned...but who knows. 2-5min before you notice, +10min for first responders = not a good chance of survival from 2 gunshot wounds at close range.

I've been lucky. Never been mugged, but when I was jumped it was 3 on 1 so had my ass handed to me.

I was frustrated and the cop told me straight up 'What're you upset about? 3 guys jumped you and you're still alive...it's a good day'

That changed my outlook. Someone wants my wallet? Car? watch? No problem...have it.
If I'm carrying it, you can have it. Nothing I have on me is worth life-altering consequences.

As for the guy that got shot, it was lights out before he hit the ground. No movement at all. If you had EMS there in 10 seconds I would be shocked if they could have brought him back.

I haven't had time to study the two cases but there is a thin connection between this shooting and that of Ahmaud Arbery.

IIRC The defense in the Arbery case was that they were afraid that if Arbery got possession of the gun that the defendants brought to the scene the defendant could have been shot.

(CNN)The family of Ahmaud Arbery reacted with joy and relief Wednesday after three White men were found guilty of charges relating to the 25-year-old Black man's murder following a trial seeped in issues such as race and the rights and limitations of self-defense.

In the crazy lady shooting the irate victim approached the shooter and could have theoretically reversed the odds.

Guy is dead…

Under U.S. law the shooter will be found not guilty of murder since the father was on the property without permission, was told to leave, then became the first to get physical. That's the castle law. Stand your ground.

Under U.S. law the shooter will be found not guilty of murder since the father was on the property without permission, was told to leave, then became the first to get physical. That's the castle law. Stand your ground.
100% agree. It’s unfortunate but the guy could have, and should have walked away. He tried to yank the gun out of the shooters hands and in doing so gave him both an opportunity and a chance to square up for a shot.

No winners here.

He was on the property to pick up his kid at a court ordered time of 3:15PM, the mother delayed that.
He was told to leave WITHOUT his kid
... so not only did he have permission, that permission was court ordered.
The first to get physical/threatening was the step dad brandishing the gun.
"Stand your ground" works BOTH ways.
Mom AND step dad are going to jail

... it is unfortunate the guy that got shot was named Chad. The step dad should have been Chad.

... and "stand your ground" is NOT a US federal thing, it is by state law... and is ridiculous cowboy mentality.
... and "stand your ground" says you don't HAVE to retreat. It does NOT allow you to brandish a weapon without a threat (Chad was going to lengths NOT to be threatening... I think he had been in this situation before, his new wife was videoing).

He was on the property to pick up his kid at a court ordered time of 3:15PM, the mother delayed that.
He was told to leave WITHOUT his kid
... so not only did he have permission, that permission was court ordered.
The first to get physical/threatening was the step dad brandishing the gun.
"Stand your ground" works BOTH ways.
Mom AND step dad are going to jail

... it is unfortunate the guy that got shot was named Chad. The step dad should have been Chad.

... and "stand your ground" is NOT a US federal thing, it is by state law... and is ridiculous cowboy mentality.
... and "stand your ground" says you don't HAVE to retreat. It does NOT allow you to brandish a weapon without a threat (Chad was going to lengths NOT to be threatening... I think he had been in this situation before, his new wife was videoing).

-- He did not need to be on the property to pick up the kid. Court order does not give you the right to be there, just to get the kid. He should have stood on the sidewalk after being told to leave.

-- He pushed up against the chest of the step-father who had told him to leave. Then he threatened to take the gun away and use it on him. Then he threw him aside.

-- Mom is guilty of ignoring the court order. But the stepfather is only guilty of defending his property from a threatening invader.

It's a horrible situation and getting the gun was an unnecessary escalation, but under U.S. law it was perfectly legal. The kid wasn't there, so they said. He should have called the cops and left the property the minute the court order was broken instead of getting threatening and obnoxious.

It will go to court. The stepfather will get nothing. The mother may get jail and lose the kid for failing to follow the court order.

Back
Top Bottom