Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 25 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

Celebrator Doppelbock.
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/39/131/

attachment.php

Cheers

Noice!

I'm currently drinking the Muddy York Dereliction IIPA.
Big, hoppy, and boozy.
It's apparently 8.2%, but it tastes closer to 10...

Also had their new release Workin Hard NEIPA.
It's hazy, juicy, and delicious!

Last edited:
Was there on Saturday after the show, that NEIPA is fantastic, took some home, already gone.

We went there yesterday, I had 3 pours of the Workin Hard, and took home 6.
I have 2 left as of right now.

...good thing they are only 15min away from me.

I also had a pour of the Inkwell Bourbon Brl Aged Stout.
At 12% it was very big, but still drinkable. Lots of espresso and chocolate.

I have the Sparklepuff in the fridge. May try it tomorrow night.

Last edited:
@miggs I had the Inkwell and Working Hard when I stopped by the brewery today. Both were really good.

I finally tried this 1105 by Sawdust City and Nickel Brook that had been in the fridge for a while. Pretty rich and smooth and the cherries really come through, maybe a bit too much.
https://i.imgur.com/lgZZ6bn.jpg

20190218-114126.jpg

Had the Rodenbach Flemish Ale last night. This is one of my favourite Belgian sours. Aged for 2 years in oak casks. Spectacular bouquet and a complex fruity finish. This beer is difficult to find. Great for the winter season

I'm currently outside Bellwoods @ Hafis Rd waiting for them to open the doors in 5min for the release of the Hellwoods Imp Stout!

Also wanting to grab some of the Raspberry/Blackberry JellyKing, and the new Donkey Venom.

Enjoy miggs and let us know what you think.

I recently had a Granville Tropical Stout (first time). No picture (I'll get one next time) but it really impressed me. This bottle showed impressive depth, drank strong reminding me how close it is to the Imperial Stout style. It has the great stout flavors and profile without being overly sweet. And it contrasts nicely to the much more bitter taste profile of other stouts such as Saint Ambroise Oatmeal Stout (another great beer), for example.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/780/377072/

Enjoy the weekend.

Last edited:
Bellwoods raspberry/blackberry Jelly was absolutely incredible.

Super tart and super flavorful. It's like drinking sour raspberry jam.

Had a pour of their newest "stout we made w/coffee - butterknife".

When cold it was very unimpressive and underwhelming.
But, let it come up to temperature, and all of a sudden you get the notes of fresh espresso, toffee, and peanut butter.

Shared a bottle of the "Black Liquids Vol.4 Imp Stout w/cocoa and raspberry" with friends.

It was sickly sweet and the raspberry dominated. ...No one enjoyed it.

Did not try the Hellwoods as of yet.

Innocente Charcoal Porter.Always nice on sunday.
P2240018_zpsw9eymiua.jpg

^^^
One of the best porters I've ever had.

Had a Blackberry Sour from Signal Brewery north of Belleville last night. Really good... hazy/cloudy sour.

Tried the blood brothers abracadabra sour.

Was not a fan. The can advertised it as a nitro sour, but it poured very flat...

Then tried their Pear / Chai sour.
It was very tart and was really quite good.

One of my new fav IPA's:

mnBnrzy.png

8.2 percent ABV but doesn't taste like it so be careful...

That looks very juicy!

I tried the Blood Brothers Paradise Lost - Spiced Cherry Sour.

Pours a very pink color almost like grapefruit juice, and the taste is like cinnamon / cherry pie.

Very tart. Very good!

Also had the new beer from the pilot system at the wifes work.

Common Good - citra APA.
Came out fantastically good!

Problem is, there's only 80L of it total (minus what we drank for "quality control ?") so it's only available on tap and in growlers.

...thankfully they wrote down the recipe for this one!

Had a bunch of samples tonight with some friends...

NickleBrook Lost in Orbit Session IPA.
NickleBrook Duplicitous Sour Gose
Bellwoods No Rest for the Wicked (2015 edition)
Great Lakes 30th Anniv Belgian Quad
Little Beast Saison du'automn

Went to a reasonably new brewpub in Kingston tonight, San Tur brewing and have mixed feelings about it. The place is pretty hip, nice atmosphere, well set out. Really decent carnivore/seafood menu but diddly squat for vegans or vegetarians. The beer was only just ok though. This isn’t the first new brewpub I’ve been to where the major product is only passable and it’s a shame. There is a newish one in Westport and their beer was actually unpleasant. Most beers still had residual heavy yeast flavours in. Hopefully there’s time to improve things for both of these. I can’t help feeling that a few of these places are being opened by people who like the idea of running a hip/trendy brewpub without any real expertise of the nuts and bolts involved. The other big brewpub in Kingston, Stone City, has improved since it first opened.

Nice beers everyone
thumbup2.gif

Here's a picture of that stout. Had it again and it's a good one :)
attachment.php

I recently had a Granville Tropical Stout (first time). No picture (I'll get one next time) but it really impressed me. This bottle showed impressive depth, drank strong reminding me how close it is to the Imperial Stout style. It has the great stout flavors and profile without being overly sweet. And it contrasts nicely to the much more bitter taste profile of other stouts such as Saint Ambroise Oatmeal Stout (another great beer), for example.
beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/780/377072/

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom