Covid opportunities??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Covid opportunities???

crankcall

Site Supporter
not selling TP door to door or gouging people on sanitizer but ligitimate opportunity. Where will be the chances to profit/advance/gain? I foresee a lot of 'toys' hitting the market cheap as buddy stupidly financed a travel trailer when he was billing 30hrs a week of overtime , got sidelined for 2 months and his company went down in the process. Now he has CC bills, LOC run up and he still owes on a travel trailer.
And investment properties people bought when it was all good. Now the renter has moved in with his sister.
Where do we see opportunity folks?

There is a pattern I have seen on Kijiji/Facebook Market Place. I have been looking at flipping bicycles as a small money making hobby--very small--(buying, fixing and selling) so I have been researching by tracking bikes that are for sale, how long it takes for them to sell and then if any of them end up back on the market by a new seller for a higher price. A few weeks ago you would see someone list a decent (not high end just a good brand hybrid that was $800 to $1200 new) bike for sub $100 and it would be gone in hours, back on the market a week or so later for $300 to $400. Now, they are there for days at the sub 100 price or longer, sometimes with price drops. My guess is the flippers are not risking catching it...

So, if you took super precautions there could be any number of items being sold today that people just want to get rid of fast on these sites, that could be flipped once things calm down... Buyers market right now...

There is a pattern I have seen on Kijiji/Facebook Market Place. I have been looking at flipping bicycles as a small money making hobby--very small--(buying, fixing and selling) so I have been researching by tracking bikes that are for sale, how long it takes for them to sell and then if any of them end up back on the market by a new seller for a higher price.

You need to have your finger on the pulse of what is desirable or you could be sitting on inventory for more time than you'd like.

You need to have your finger on the pulse of what is desirable or you could be sitting on inventory for more time than you'd like.

For sure, that is why I have been spending so much time on research... I did have my first flip though, bought two basketcase Schwinn Hydras, bought the two for $50, spent another $50 on parts, full teardown service, made one good one (with some parts left over) and sold it in a week (on Monday this week) on Kijiji for $160 ($60 profit, I made maybe $5/hour lol, it is a hobby). But I was concerned that I went too low end and that COVID would screw me over, it did work out in the end. But as I said, I am seeing lots of good flip cadidates right now, and they are not moving very fast. I have not pulled the trigger on the next one for the COVID reason...

Wife's company is doing o.k. Medical devices are in demand.

Don’t know if there is a glaring opportunity yet. Some will pop up for sure but after only a week or two of North America getting into this whole thing I don’t know if there is a big need in the market or services at this point in time.

I actually think once it’s settled it will be a reasonably quick turnaround. Not a natural disaster or war so infrastructure isn’t really harmed....everything just going to be sitting idle for a bit. People will be itching to work and play once this is over so like I said probably a quick recovery. That’s just a guess and also above my pay grade. But I mention it as it’s probably the right time to plan as I think the window will open and close pretty quick with whatever opportunity arises.

Crematoriums, unless they just start using cement plants.

not selling TP door to door or gouging people on sanitizer but ligitimate opportunity. Where will be the chances to profit/advance/gain? I foresee a lot of 'toys' hitting the market cheap as buddy stupidly financed a travel trailer when he was billing 30hrs a week of overtime , got sidelined for 2 months and his company went down in the process. Now he has CC bills, LOC run up and he still owes on a travel trailer.
And investment properties people bought when it was all good. Now the renter has moved in with his sister.
Where do we see opportunity folks?
Lots of things with monthly fees will come up to stop the bleeding (big boats, condos, etc). You can throw a bike in the back of the garage and skip insurance for a year but if you had an Airbnb condo with condo fees of $1000 a month and a city with high unemployment, there is a good chance it gets jettisoned. Especially if you bought it a couple years ago, some people will be happy to take a quick 100K win instead of slogging with the masses and hoping for 200. Credit will be tight, those holding out for a homerun may have to learn to survive the burn (or watch the empire collapse).

Rumour has it the casket factory in Lindsay is quite busy.

travel insurance companies. Once this blows over do you think people will be more likely to buy travel insurance? I will.

Rumour has it the casket factory in Lindsay is quite busy.
Seems a waste to do all that work just to put it in the fire. By the time we are in full swing here, we won't be allowed funerals anyway and if it develops like Italy, cremation will likely be mandated as their won't be storage for the full caskets.

Douggie keeps talking about industries converting output like in war, just have Atlantic packaging bang out thousands of cardboard caskets. It would probably take them an hour and if they wanted good PR the cost should be very reasonable. Once the mess has passed, if you want a wood box for your loved one, go nuts, put the ashes in a big wood box.

travel insurance companies. Once this blows over do you think people will be more likely to buy travel insurance? I will.
You think you will live long enough to see that way of life return? You are either very young or way more optimistic then me.

By the time we are in full swing here, we won't be allowed funerals anyway and if it develops like Italy, cremation will likely be mandated as their won't be storage for the full caskets.

'merica.

Because they'll just disregard the rules to send Cleetus off the way their "God given rights and freedoms" make them feel they deserve regardless of what the guvmint says.

And if the police try to stop them, well, time to bust into that arsenal. Because freedom.

There's some insane tinfoil hat level craziness going on down there right now.

You think you will live long enough to see that way of life return? You are either very young or way more optimistic then me.

Life will return to near normal. There may be some minor differences, but once we reach herd immunity and there's immunizations available on top of it all, and the smoke clears...life will go on.

Reactions: J_F
Life will return to near normal. There may be some minor differences, but once we reach herd immunity and there's immunizations available on top of it all, and the smoke clears...life will go on.
A real question is whether cruise lines can afford to be there on the other side. Herd immunity + vaccine will be more than a year out. The ships will still exist so my guess is new players will buy them up. I wouldn't be surprised if the new players may be the managers of the old players that used this opportunity to jettison debt and buy the ships at pennies on the dollar. The market for used cruise ships will have an exceedingly small number of players.

I`m sure there will be deals on lease take overs for cars .

Herd immunity may not happen one mutation and its gone. Also starting to look like immunity to this doesn't last long so continued reinfection is a real concern.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom