Covid booster | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Covid booster

Ok, so you don’t want to read and you don’t understand statistical nuance. We have established a baseline.

Ps, my questions directly relate to your statements that are demonstrably wrong.
As hominem attacks and you lost.
Unfortunately you are wrong here and can't read apparently , but I'm wrong I guess because I dont understand your geriatric jibberish
Move on and get your boosters for life . No one cares

As hominem attacks and you lost.
Unfortunately you are wrong here and can't read apparently , but I'm wrong I guess because I dont understand your geriatric jibberish
Move on and get your boosters for life . No one cares

So, still didn’t read? Quite easy..here’s another, Hep C.

@jc100 you and I have agreed multiple times in the past, however, I have to say, on this point, we don't...if you take a look at the cases currently in the UK and Denmark for example, most of the infections are breakthrough in those that are vaccinated...not talking about hospitalizations, but cases overall...and since the majority are in vaccinated people, the cases overall have been mild...there's more data coming out every day from Guateng (spelling?) and it too, is pointing a more milder form of disease, mostly akin to a flu...heck, some virologists/immunologists are saying this could signal the end of the pandemic (something about the virus can't be more infectious and more deadly at the same time)...

what @Trackrat is saying about nothing else requiring the number of initial doses and booster shots within a short period of time is absolutely correct...tetanus is the only one I know of that requires a booster and that's what, every 10 years or something like that...yes some of the Hep shots are multiple doses, but nothing else in the past has had 3 doses within a year...and he's right, how many boosters are we going to need?...when will it end?

personally, my arm hasn't been the same since my second dose...I can't lie on it, I can't lean on it to lift me up for example if I'm on my bed...heck, I even have trouble bringing it around to do my bra up in the back...this did not exist before I got my second dose...coincidence? who knows...but I'm not rushing out to get a booster any time soon and like I said before, all I hope is that they don't move the goal posts forward and made three doses the standard...

@jc100 you and I have agreed multiple times in the past, however, I have to say, on this point, we don't...if you take a look at the cases currently in the UK and Denmark for example, most of the infections are breakthrough in those that are vaccinated...not talking about hospitalizations, but cases overall...and since the majority are in vaccinated people, the cases overall have been mild...there's more data coming out every day from Guateng (spelling?) and it too, is pointing a more milder form of disease, mostly akin to a flu...heck, some virologists/immunologists are saying this could signal the end of the pandemic (something about the virus can't be more infectious and more deadly at the same time)...

what @Trackrat is saying about nothing else requiring the number of initial doses and booster shots within a short period of time is absolutely correct...tetanus is the only one I know of that requires a booster and that's what, every 10 years or something like that...yes some of the Hep shots are multiple doses, but nothing else in the past has had 3 doses within a year...and he's right, how many boosters are we going to need?...when will it end?

personally, my arm hasn't been the same since my second dose...I can't lie on it, I can't lean on it to lift me up for example if I'm on my bed...heck, I even have trouble bringing it around to do my bra up in the back...this did not exist before I got my second dose...coincidence? who knows...but I'm not rushing out to get a booster any time soon and like I said before, all I hope is that they don't move the goal posts forward and made three doses the standard...

Seasonal flu vaccines don’t eradicate the disease either they mitigate symptoms in the vaccinated. Plenty of vaccines work the same way.

No, you’re wrong about boosters. There are vaccines that require boosters or third doses after short periods. I posted a vaccination schedule before with a list of common vaccinations and their time requirements. When I go abroad I take a vaccine for “travellers stomach” that’s actually for cholera. It is two doses a month apart. I have to do that every year if I want that protection. So, one more than a seasonal flu jab.

Nothing else in the past has been an MRNA vaccine! We learn as we go with this one and the science is still pretty good. Put it this way, I trust scientists that are investigating facts every day more than I trust people who only rely on feelings.

Here’s what we do know. If you just ignore the science and think you know better than virologists and vaccine experts then you get the Netherlands which just locked down, or Germany which just put heavy restrictions in place.

Milder doesn’t matter right now if it’s more infectious. For instance it could be half as severe as Delta but it will put more people in hospital as it spreads more than twice as fast in a population not fully vaccinated against a new threat.

One of my friends is an epidemiologist in a Japan. They have a better handle on things now and don’t have large issues as they have locked down travel restrictions and have been wearing masks as a community for a while. Hesitancy of the scale we are seeing is a reason why things might get worse before they get better.

Just got back from my booster. No issues at all, it may depend on where in the muscle you were injected. I’d imagine close to a nerve wouldn’t be pleasant.

Both hubby and I feel like the arm that had the injection isn't the same...for me personally it doesn't have the same range of motion...for example trying to do the hooks on my bra when getting dressed is a very painful process for my injection arm...never was before...
Since my second dose of Pfizer I have lost some range of motion in that arm. Can't reach around back too far without it becoming painful, also the same reaching straight up and back when doing some exercises. It's all in the shoulder that got the injection. Didn't think much of it until I read someone else is having the same reaction.

Since my second dose of Pfizer I have lost some range of motion in that arm. Can't reach around back too far without it becoming painful, also the same reaching straight up and back when doing some exercises. It's all in the shoulder that got the injection. Didn't think much of it until I read someone else is having the same reaction.
It can happen with nearly any vaccination into the deltoid. Some vaccine types might be more prone than others but from stats it seems it may be a combination of things.

@jc100 thank you for that CDC chart...I was unaware of the number of childhood vaccines and their frequencies...the one main difference between that schedule and the Covid vaccines, is that with the CDC schedule, there's a clear end in sight...with the Covid vaccines, we don't know if there's an end or not...and even the manufacturer's don't know if it's effective against omicron or not...that's what I think is peeving people off...

5 doses anyone?

Lots of evidence to refute most of the Facebook drivel right now, it just means reading a bit more.
There's only one vaccine on that table that requires fives doses, and those are spread over the course of about five years, then nothing for thirteen years. How are you drawing a parallel between that and the covid vaccine which is now up to three shots in less than a year? Admittedly none of us know if the third will be the last, though I highly suspect it will not. What I do know is that there is no way I'm lining up for three shots a year forever. And again, I suspect many, many others will not as well.

There's only one vaccine on that table that requires fives doses, and those are spread over the course of about five years, then nothing for thirteen years. How are you drawing a parallel between that and the covid vaccine which is now up to three shots in less than a year? Admittedly none of us know if the third will be the last, though I highly suspect it will not. What I do know is that there is no way I'm lining up for three shots a year forever. And again, I suspect many, many others will not as well.

Some infant vaccines are every two months for several shots? Sometimes, up to 5. Did you look at the adult schedule to that link and the special notes too. Sometimes for certain conditions multiple vaccines are given instead of one. Most people in the hysteria camp are trying to say they have done their part by having two shots and no more for the COVID vaccine. Once we know what the vaccine schedule should be for this disease people will liken that to saying, I don’t care if it’s three for HPV, my gut tells me I’m only having one. Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?

@jc100 thank you for that CDC chart...I was unaware of the number of childhood vaccines and their frequencies...the one main difference between that schedule and the Covid vaccines, is that with the CDC schedule, there's a clear end in sight...with the Covid vaccines, we don't know if there's an end or not...and even the manufacturer's don't know if it's effective against omicron or not...that's what I think is peeving people off...

With many of the vaccines on that list, do you think the developers knew exactly what was required in terms of a schedule before they went into any arms? Which of the vaccines in that list are for an infectious disease that’s had the same effect as COVID has had in as short a time? None. The schedule for the COVID vaccine will be enshrined in stone eventually. We are currently in a massive clinical trial but in the later phase. Clinical trials have multiple phases. We have gone through 0,1,2 and 3 already and we’re now in 4. 4 for this vaccine means getting data on just what the schedule should be to cope with the mutations we are seeing.

I think we are doing pretty well to be honest since we are living in this currently. We know more today than we knew yesterday.

This is a situation where we (collectively, as a society) cannot wait until we have "all" the information before taking action.

If you spot a lick of flame from a pot left too long on the stove, are you going to grab the fire extinguisher now even though using it might make a mess, or are you going to wait to see if the fire gets big?

So, still didn’t read? Quite easy..here’s another, Hep C.
I don’t know why you have such a self righteous smugness about this … HEP C requires 2 doses that is it not boosters every year. You are not correct again …please read

For HEP C You should get two doses, given as shots, 6 months apart for complete protection. The virus in the vaccine is killed (inactive). Children should get the first dose between 12 and 23 months of age. Children older than age 2 can get the first dose at their next doctor's appt/
None of the vaccines you mention wane after six months, None need yearly or constant boosters. Stop spinning a story to how you wanna hear it

Last edited:
Opinions are valued on GTAM. Insults will just get another thread moved to tt.

Not to mention the problem with the booster is that it's another shot of the same vaccine. If you have a variant that a vaccine is ineffective against, adding more of that vaccine isn't going to help. Precisely why I likened this scenario to the American war on drugs.

Pretty soon the pharma companies will have Dory as their spokesperson....just keep injecting, just keep injecting.

Not to mention the problem with the booster is that it's another shot of the same vaccine. If you have a variant that a vaccine is ineffective against, adding more of that vaccine isn't going to help. Precisely why I likened this scenario to the American war on drugs.

Pretty soon the pharma companies will have Dory as their spokesperson....just keep injecting, just keep injecting.
If you are correct (no idea what creds you have), do you have a better plan?

If you are correct (no idea what creds you have), do you have a better plan?
Does this plan seem like it’s working 22 months later ? Do you think we should keep on doing the same plan even though we aren’t out of this and we are actually looking worse in many respects than last year

Does this plan seem like it’s working 22 months later ? Do you think we should keep on doing the same plan even though we aren’t out of this and we are actually looking worse in many respects than last year
Yes.
No.

moderna and Pfizer = same tech, different carriers

Back
Top Bottom